Cakefest-Coed Llandegla-28th May

MJ
MJ Posts: 672
edited May 2007 in MTB rides
Figured this better go in the forum rides at sometime.....

Coed Llandegla-28th May-09:30hrs-location cafe

ride will consist of....sessioning fun stuff,riding DH bikes up the odd hill making Tartanyak get air and CAKE! So far we have such forum legends attending:

My fair self
Limpetbeans
TartanYak
MrBlonde
SimonB256
anto164
bigcolinp
SJ & Bloke
Gibbbon on an orange
Nuts4fsr

Anyone else is welcome to come but they must bring CAKE alright?

<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"><i>Originally posted by DJIP</i>
I wouldn't mind a bit of MJ <hr height="1" noshade id="quote"></blockquote id="quote"></font id="quote">

Comments

• rubber side up
    rubber side up Posts: 2,150
    28th may [:(] Damn you!

<hr noshade size="1"><center><blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"><i>Originally posted by EvilAlex</i>

Something round here tastes bad. Could be plain old bad taste.
    <hr height="1" noshade id="quote"></blockquote id="quote"></font id="quote"></center>www.mtb-bitz.co.uk - Bitz for you & your mountain bike. pinkbike
    </center>www.mtb-bitz.co.uk - Bitz for you & your mountain bike. pinkbike
  • MJ
    Why so sir? Can you not make it?

<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"><i>Originally posted by DJIP</i>
    I wouldn't mind a bit of MJ <hr height="1" noshade id="quote"></blockquote id="quote"></font id="quote">
  • anto164
    anto164 Posts: 3,500
    its bank holiday monday, most poeple will be off work/ school/college

<b><font color="red"> MON BICI!!
    myspaz</b></font id="red">
  • rubber side up
    Not going to be able to get a lift. rents will be on holiday.

But if anyone wants to go on the 7th of july, i'm off work and will be up there with a mate [:)]

<hr noshade size="1"><center><blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"><i>Originally posted by EvilAlex</i>

<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"></blockquote id="quote"></font id="quote"></center>www.mtb-bitz.co.uk - Bitz for you & your mountain bike. pinkbike
  • Simonb256
    Simonb256 Posts: 880
    Thats a point I am also in need of transportation to get there, otherwise I may as well be crossed of the list. [:(]

--
    <font face="Comic Sans MS"><font color="red"><center><b>[:(!] Part of the Non Caring Community [:(!]</b></center></font id="red"></font id="Comic Sans MS">
    --
    "War is Peace; Freedom is Slavery; Ignorance is Strength." George Orwell - 1984
  • rubber side up
    <blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"><i>Originally posted by Tartanyak</i>

RSU, where from boyo?

<center><i>CakeSteed</i>
    Camp Commuter
    Junkbike, junkbike, dernernernutnernut</center>
    <hr height="1" noshade id="quote"></blockquote id="quote"></font id="quote">

Aberystwyth.

• rubber side up
    No worries. doubt i'll have a bike running at this rate anyhoo. damn me and my extreme lack of all things currency based.

• Anonymous
    Anonymous Posts: 79,667
    I'll probably be there. but quite likely not for 9:30am. I'm too lazy when it comes to getting up early on bank holidays.

I was kind of planning on doing llandegla on saturday, coed y brenin on sunday, and the Marin trail in Betws y coed on monday, but seeing as my riding partner STILL hasn't got round to getting a new bike, it looks as though he'll be hiring again. So, lladegla it is (he loves those Kona Hoss rental bikes!)

1999 marin wolfridge, Marzocchi Jr Ts, Saint cranks, D321 rims, Hope C2s, raceface bits and bobs, XT running gear. All vintage stuff! (apart from the saints)
  • anto164
    make it 10 i say. its only 30 mins, and it gives me time to get up lol.

• Anonymous
    Will battenburg cake do?
    Oh, and just a reminder that the cafe in Llandegla won some award for the best bacon butties in britain!
    Seriously, if you see me around on the weekend, I may have some battenburg, and some monkeybones.
    My plan is to spend most of the day there.

My trusty steed
    1999 marin wolfridge, Marzocchi Jr Ts, Saint cranks, D321 rims, Hope C2s, raceface bits and bobs, XT running gear. All vintage stuff! (apart from the saints)
  • Jon
    Jon Posts: 133
    Arse. I'm going karting that day. Plus my car has been strategically removed from my posession so i'd be a bit low on transport.
  • Simonb256
    Seriously I don't think I can get there [:(] Which sucks. I wanted to ahve a proper go at stuff, rather than mincing around the XC'ers.

--
    <font face="Comic Sans MS"><font color="red"><center><b>[:(!] Part of the Non Caring Community [:(!]</b></center></font id="red"></font id="Comic Sans MS">
    --
  • MJ
    Gah this sucks. Its only going to be me,Charl & Matt at this point! Losers!

• Limpetbeans
    Limpetbeans Posts: 206
    Callum, can I just say is that 9:30 as in 'real time' or 'Callum time' when you turn up at about 12:30 like last time?

Oh, actually, will you be needing a lift? Is Bartman coming along?

-=Defenceless against a deep blue sky=-

<center>Skinny Beast</center>
    <center>Fat Mofo</center>
    -=Defenceless against a deep blue sky=-

<center>Skinny Beast</center>
    <center>Fat Mofo</center>
  • Simonb256
    <blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"><i>Originally posted by MJ</i>

Gah this sucks. Its only going to be me,Charl & Matt at this point! Losers!

Damn infernal lack of transport I guess [:(]

--
    --
  • anto164
    depending on the weather, i may be turning up [:p]

• dhutch
    dhutch Posts: 343
    I would be well up for it, and its my birthday on the 26th as well, but i do really need to do exam/revision work as much as insainly possable while at home that weekend otherwise i really an going to be failing my degree!!

Daniel
  • rubber side up
    <blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"><i>Originally posted by dhutch</i>

I would be well up for it, and its my birthday on the 26th as well, but i do really need to do exam/revision work as much as insainly possable while at home that weekend otherwise i really an going to be failing my degree!!

Daniel

you just need to get your priority's straight. what's more important to you? a stupid degree? or CAKE!?

• Anonymous
    <blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"><i>Originally posted by rubber side up</i>

you just need to get your priority's straight. what's more important to you? a stupid degree? or CAKE!?

Haha, you just reminded me of this!!
    http://youtube.com/watch?v=g0GxUxKZdHk

My trusty steed
  • anto164
    went today, own my own like, it was mint, all the jumps are uber smooth, the only problem i had, was the braking bumps.

[Edit]There is one problem wiht llandegla, you gotta go up to come down. [/Edit]

• Anonymous
    To be honest though, the uphills in llandegla, apart from that bas**** at the end of the black run, are pretty mild. I mean, I've been off the bike for years, I'm unfit, I smoke, and I don't find them that difficult.
    They can't possibly be that hard for most people?

My trusty steed
  • Anonymous
    Anyway, update... as long as I can sort out a hire bike for my mate, I'll be there on saturday, and late monday.......

With battenburg!

My trusty steed
  • dhutch
    dhutch Posts: 343
    <blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"><i>Originally posted by yeehaamcgee</i>
    Haha, you just reminded me of this!!
    http://youtube.com/watch?v=g0GxUxKZdHk<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"></blockquote id="quote"></font id="quote">
    Haha, which reminded me of this...
  • SJ
    SJ Posts: 2,871
    We're still hoping to get there, it's a 3-4 hour drive though so we won't be there for 9.30, nor 10.00. You know what we're like for timekeeping anyway...
    It's meant to be raining too which may change things or may not.

<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"><i>Originally posted by El Capitano</i>

Oh, and TBH, SJ is a much better stalker than you.....
    <hr height="1" noshade id="quote"></blockquote id="quote"></font id="quote"><u><font color="blue"><div align="right">10http://www.mbuk.com/forum/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=182209% Pure Filth!</div id="right"></font id="blue"></u>
    <font color="pink"><font size="1">Most Funny - 7th Sexiest Member - 2nd Most Like to Meet - 5th Most likely to be rohypnoled by another forumite - 4th Nicest bike - 4th</font id="size1"></font id="pink">
    a dirtbag of the most delightful variety
  • Tartanyak
    Tartanyak Posts: 1,538
    1. We've heard about your driving, you'll be there before us.
    b. Bank holiday. Rain. Bank holiday. Rain. Etc [:D]
    f. MJ's not in blighty for long!

<center><i>CakeSteed</i>
    Camp Commuter
    Junkbike, junkbike, dernernernutnernut</center>
  • SJ
    SJ Posts: 2,871
    <blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"><i>Originally posted by Tartanyak</i>

1. We've heard about your driving, you'll be there before us.
    b. Bank holiday. Rain. Bank holiday. Rain. Etc [:D]
    f. MJ's not in blighty for long!

a:[:0] I don't know what you're talking about!
    2:I know, we're riding Cwmcarn on Sunday and had I any money I'd have booked us somewhere closer to stay the Sunday night so we'd be there early and stuff. If it's raining it's just not as much fun.
    k:I know he's not, we have our own secret rendezvous planned[;)]

<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"><i>Originally posted by El Capitano</i>

Oh, and TBH, SJ is a much better stalker than you.....
    <hr height="1" noshade id="quote"></blockquote id="quote"></font id="quote"><u><font color="blue"><div align="right">10http://www.mbuk.com/forum/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=182209% Pure Filth!</div id="right"></font id="blue"></u>
    <font color="pink"><font size="1">Most Funny - 7th Sexiest Member - 2nd Most Like to Meet - 5th Most likely to be rohypnoled by another forumite - 4th Nicest bike - 4th</font id="size1"></font id="pink">
    a dirtbag of the most delightful variety
  • Anonymous
    Apparently the bike hire place is closed on monday too. so unless my mate buys a bike quick, we're unlikely to make it there on monday after all.
    Saturday's still on though.

My trusty steed