ProMax Discs

neewbie_159
neewbie_159 Posts: 29
edited January 2005 in The Crudcatcher
i have a front promax disc brake but only a back v-brake does anyone knwo where i can get just a rear one?

JUST ANOTHER NEEWBIE WITH

Comments

• Cycleking
    Cycleking Posts: 409
    I would change both of the f and r to some decent v brakes as all promax brakes are kinda crappy
  • Bill_FTMB
    Bill_FTMB Posts: 2,395
    you don't want a promax, they are every so slightly bad.

rst from crc

http://www.chainreactioncycles.com//Mod ... odelID=211

with a fromt hub but you will need a cable.

do you have disc mounts on the hub and frame?

<h5>www.ftmb.net all the latest downhill and freeride news from the UK
    Fat Tyre Mountain Biking, the best of British.
    <font color="red">face it man, having a no-smoking section in a pub/restaurant is like having a pissing section in a swimming pool.... - FlowO2</font id="red"></h5><h5><font color="green">supporter of chasealex's moderation, it can be lived with. </font id="green"></h5> <h1><font color="red">mike did it</font id="red"></h1>
    <h5>remove fork from bike find the direction called away and throw forks in that direction - nicklouse</h5>
    <h5> room for the grease and to minimise rub between the balls (never a nice sensation) - Testicle Tim</h5>
    <font color="red">face it man, having a no-smoking section in a pub/restaurant is like having a pissing section in a swimming pool.... - FlowO2</font id="red">
    remove fork from bike find the direction called away and throw forks in that direction - nicklouse
    room for the grease and to minimise rub between the balls (never a nice sensation) - Testicle Tim</h5>

pround asker of the forum\'s most stupid question to date.
  • Willwors
    Willwors Posts: 277
    what's a promax?
  • Bill_FTMB
    rst are also very bad.

and put this in tech.

<font color="red">face it man, having a no-smoking section in a pub/restaurant is like having a pissing section in a swimming pool.... - FlowO2</font id="red"></h5><h5><font color="green">supporter of chasealex's moderation, it can be lived with. </font id="green"></h5> <h1><font color="red">mike did it</font id="red"></h1>
    <h5>remove fork from bike find the direction called away and throw forks in that direction - nicklouse</h5>
    <h5> room for the grease and to minimise rub between the balls (never a nice sensation) - Testicle Tim</h5>
    <font color="red">face it man, having a no-smoking section in a pub/restaurant is like having a pissing section in a swimming pool.... - FlowO2</font id="red">
    remove fork from bike find the direction called away and throw forks in that direction - nicklouse
    room for the grease and to minimise rub between the balls (never a nice sensation) - Testicle Tim</h5>

• i find them ok i pull the brake lever, the bike stops whats wrong with that?

• DahnHilla
    DahnHilla Posts: 2,917
    yeah just replace the whoel brake set up with something decent and worthwhile

<hr noshade size="1">

<b><center><font size="2"><b><font color="red">Digby RULES!!!</b></font id="red"></font id="size2"></b>
    Constipated people dont give a crap
    If someone with multiple personality disorder tries to kill himself is it considered a hostage situation?</center>
    <hr noshade size="1"><font size="1">
    <b><center>You may Proceed.</b></center>
    <i><b><font color="red"><center>Saturate </font id="red"><font color="black">with</font id="black"><font color="red"> cider </font id="red"><font color="black">for</font id="black"><font color="red"> gratuitous </font id="red"><font color="black">sign</font id="black"><font color="red"> destruction</font id="red"></i></center></b>
    <center>
    </center></font id="size1"><div align="right"><font color="black"><b>5</div id="right"></b></font id="black">
  • Dean
    Dean Posts: 3,259
    can you actually put a rear disc on that frame?

my bighit front - http://www.pinkbike.com/modules/photo/? ... age=365686

my bighit side- http://www.pinkbike.com/modules/photo/? ... age=365685

|^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^|
    | hardrocker............| '|";\,___.
    |_..._....._____===|=_|__|...,]|
    "(@)'(@)****|(@)*(@)***(@)
  • Willwors
    Willwors Posts: 277
    get some Deore V Brakes, I don't know what a Promax is can someone tell me......
  • before he gets some decent discs, why doesn't he get a half decent bike?

++++++++++++++++++++++++

<center><font size="4"><font color="purple">Can Ya Dig Him?</font id="purple"><font color="red">YES YA CAN!</font id="red"></font id="size4"></center>
    Pics of TheCurtis
    From The Right
    From The Left
    From The Front
    From The Back

MSN:fistral_slick@hotmail.com
  • yeah i checked it has disc mounts on the frame and a rear disc hub, it says 'hope' on it is that good
  • any way i only use the bike for riding around the forest,

• DahnHilla
    yeah right does that bike have a hope hub

<hr noshade size="1">

<b><center><font size="2"><b><font color="red">Digby RULES!!!</b></font id="red"></font id="size2"></b>
    If someone with multiple personality disorder tries to kill himself is it considered a hostage situation?</center>
    <i><b><font color="red"><center>Saturate </font id="red"><font color="black">with</font id="black"><font color="red"> cider </font id="red"><font color="black">for</font id="black"><font color="red"> gratuitous </font id="red"><font color="black">sign</font id="black"><font color="red"> destruction</font id="red"></i></center></b>
    <center>
    </center></font id="size1"><div align="right"><font color="black"><b>5</div id="right"></b></font id="black">
  • Bill_FTMB
    hope is good.

are you sure thats not just a sticker on some sh„t hub, or did you buy it second hand?

• DahnHilla
    lol i just thought, if it were hope, which it blatently isn't it would be worth more than the fork. [:D]

<hr noshade size="1">

<center>
  • LOL! and stop posting twice in an attempt to get your post count up. it's not all about posts you know.

++++++++++++++++++++++++

<center><font size="4"><font color="purple">Can Ya Dig Him?</font id="purple"><font color="red">YES YA CAN!</font id="red"></font id="size4"></center>
    Pics of TheCurtis
    From The Right
    From The Left
    From The Front
    From The Back

MSN:fistral_slick@hotmail.com
  • DahnHilla
    who me? or neewbie kiddy?

<hr noshade size="1">

<center>
  • (Matt)
    (Matt) Posts: 11
    who cares what brakes he has, you don't need six-pots for riding around a forest, he's just a kid looking for a fun bike. keep your brake set-up mate, you don't really need to upgrade it, only point in worrying about them when they don't work.

<center><font size="1">223</font id="size1">
    <font size="1">Barcode</font id="size1"></center>
    <center>=stricker=</center>
  • i am not a kid im probably older then you i am 28 and im just messing about on here to be honest im just bored and dont even have a bike i have a car, lol i like pissing people off now i stall go find a new forum to mess around in.

• Bill_FTMB
    <blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote">i like pissing people off now i stall go find a new forum to mess around in.<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"></blockquote id="quote"></font id="quote">

ok then. now lets have his IP stickied at the top of the forum.

and to be perfectly honest, his trolling isn't up to the normal standard.

<font color="red">face it man, having a no-smoking section in a pub/restaurant is like having a pissing section in a swimming pool.... - FlowO2</font id="red"></h5><h5><font color="green">supporter of chasealex's moderation, it can be lived with. </font id="green"></h5> <h1><font color="red">mike did it</font id="red"></h1><h5>

• RSArick
    RSArick Posts: 10,886
    yeah cya. your not 28 kid, i've seen you in a pic.

<center><hr noshade size="1"><font size="5"><b><i>?</i></b></font id="size5">
    <font size="1">
    <font color="black">Zee site for Zee Wigan riders</font id="black"><font color="purple"><b>"Climb up on </b> </font id="purple"><b><font color="red">MA</font id="red"> <b><font color="red">BIG</font id="red"> <b><font color="red">ASS</font id="red"></b>
    </b><font color="red">STEED</font id="red"></b> <font color="purple"><b>then we gonna ride, gonna smoke some weeeeeeed"</b></font id="purple">

Gawd, i'm such a <font size="2">"<i><b>cool rad dood</b></i>"</font id="size2">

<font size="1">[:(]<font color="brown">I wanna ride</font id="brown"></font id="size1">[:(]

</center></font id="size1"><hr noshade size="1">
  • DH nut
    DH nut Posts: 86
    Ok, that is on e of the lamest attempts I have ever seen!!!!!!!!

To be a good rider you don't need an awesome machine ............. you need to be an awesome rider
    I need a new bike, but my daddy says it too expensive ! God i hate having to find your own funds !
  • what makes you think they are my pics? i was just browsing on pink bike

• i.p address change frequently by the way and i should know thats my job!

• Bill_FTMB
    well either way, your trolling isn't really up to scratch.

have a go on that chav forum, i find i can troll that with justification. the majority of us here are prefectly decent. a few are blankers but if you are hear for a while you see that most people are fine.

the chav forum though is just so strange its funny.

<font color="red">face it man, having a no-smoking section in a pub/restaurant is like having a pissing section in a swimming pool.... - FlowO2</font id="red"></h5><h5><font color="green">supporter of chasealex's moderation, it can be lived with. </font id="green"></h5> <h1><font color="red">mike did it</font id="red"></h1><h5>

• DahnHilla
    Depends if you have static or dynamic ip anyway.
    Me thinks he's leaving because everyone has established that he is a prawn and he is now making excuses for his depature.

<hr noshade size="1">

<center>