friday is entirely stochastic

'ning

still winter

coffee wfwherever/dabble laze

my bike - faster than god's and twice as shiny

Comments

• homers_double
    homers_double Posts: 8,071

off out for a run, with the hinderance of a small dog. Just myself to blame now.

later, maybe the cinema with kids.

Advocate of disc brakes.
  • oxoman
    oxoman Posts: 191

Morning Workers. Currently bright golden orb in the sky with blue sky's. Day of pottering today along with the Dentists 🫣, luckily only hygienist visit. Yesterday's day of meh has turned into a slightly better day as don't feel so 💩. Suspect cutting calorie intake / over exercise and getting cold has caught up with me, especially as I'm getting older. 😢. Anyway enjoy the wkend all.

Too many bikes according to Mrs O.
  • pinno
    pinno Posts: 51,550

Very bad idea that cutting calorie intake Oxo.

Morning les épouvantails

Sunny with the nippy caveat.

Porker tinkering today. Mainly rattle investigations.

First; coffee after bundling Tricky on the special bus. Tricky's morning routines consume so much time as there is so much detail that has to be done. I mean it has to be done.

Laters

seanoconn - gruagach craic!
  • Frosty, now got a cold so no riding for a day or 2. Dropping OH off at airport then tiling daughters new kitchen , if feel awake enough 😄

• Stevo_666
    Stevo_666 Posts: 58,923

Half day for me so a spot of tax mitigation and coffee then will go for a ride to avoid the soggy weekend. In other news ordered a watch from Japan where they seem to have trouble selling some of these things, so thought I'd help them out with a competitive offer.

"I spent most of my money on birds, booze and fast cars: the rest of it I just squandered." [George Best]
  • seanoconn
    seanoconn Posts: 11,487

Cold, bloody cold. Need soup.

Pinno, מלך אידיוט וחרא מכונאי
  • tlw1
    tlw1 Posts: 21,901

Work snizzle with too many meetings for a Friday.

hounds seemed to have missed me, that’s about it here at home 😂

out later, run and maybe a swim first

• pinno
  • oxoman

So I discovered, trying to shift an extra 7kg I've acquired over the last 18 months isn't as easy as I thought. Have been told the BP meds I'm on make it harder as well. 😪

• Stevo_666
    edited April 26

You have to pay 20% import VAT. Usually you pay it to the courier company before they release it (there's no actual customs duty on watches). I factor that in when buying from abroad.

"I spent most of my money on birds, booze and fast cars: the rest of it I just squandered." [George Best]
  • pinno

You ain't going to shift 7kg's quickly without consequence.

• thistle_
    thistle_ Posts: 7,182

Does the courier charge an admin fee for the VAT?

I think Parcelforce used to charge something extortionate.

Off to Billund in a bit.

• homers_double

Run was shocking, mainly due to me being crap and some gin.

currently sat outside a closed site waiting for people.

Advocate of disc brakes.
  • Stevo_666
    edited April 26

Yep, there's usually a handling charge but in the scheme of what's being bought, not too bad. Usually between £12-£25, though sometimes the seller pays and factors it into the price.

Edit: and Parfelforce were the most expensive. Trouble is, most overseas sellers won't let you pick the courier.

• oxoman

So I've discovered. Spoke to on-line quack and they've suggested up the exercise to the level I want, but leave the calorie intake as normal. Also suggested taking meds at different time as well. See what happens now.

• sungod
    sungod Posts: 16,642

afaik necessary calorie deficit is c. 7,700kcal per kg of body fat reduction, though presumably if there's excess water retention it'd be more complicated

my bike - faster than god's and twice as shiny
  • homers_double

Sounds about right, 3300 calories is a pound of fat in old money, or so I was told.

Advocate of disc brakes.
  • photonic69
    photonic69 Posts: 2,497

Afternoon Slackers. What's 'appening?

Busy day. Working late till 8 tonight. And a flippin' Friday as well. Bah!

I feel your pain Oxo. I'm in the same boat with weight and BP tabs. Which ones you on?

Might have a longer ride this weekend, weather permitting as I have no engagements to attend to.

Sometimes. Maybe. Possibly.

• orraloon
    orraloon Posts: 12,793

Aye aye min, tattie planting, ken. Been dry enough this week that able to rotavate and prep new vege bed, no sticky mud. Woo and hoo. The Charlotte first earlies have gone in exactly a month later than last year...

• veronese68
    veronese68 Posts: 27,427

Afternoon folks,

A busy day of WFH, at least I didn't have to go outside too early. Wobbled round the corner to get my umpteenth Covid jab, much easier this time thankfully. Will probably have a sore arm later so I made sure it didn't go into my drinking arm.

I found a new definition of stupidity recently since putting hub gears on the pub hack, looking at the back wheel to see which gear I'm in 🙄 Not sure why I do that anyway, if the cadence is wrong I just change gear.

Not much else going on, looking forward to the weekend.

• Webboo2
    Webboo2 Posts: 464

Afternoon

Bit of a lazy day for me. Went to get a new shower hose and to the garden centre with Mrs W. Then took my winter bike to Kev’s for a new bottom bracket and caught up on bits of gossip. Returned home to find Mrs W ringing round everywhere we visited yesterday and this morning to see if they had her phone which she couldn’t find. So after ringing the wine shop, the garden centre, the diy shop she realises that if she looks on her IPad, it shows it’s location. So it was off to Tesco to get it back and their initial response was “ No we haven’t got it” till we pointed out yes they did have it and we know because, thus it was handed over.

Later will be some wine I think.

• oxoman

Swapped to Ramipril as previous prescription didn't do anything other than make me sleepy. It didn't help I'd cut down to 1800 /2000 calories a day whilst still running and riding. Doesn't help with the meds mucking me about. Old age is fast catching up with me, I'm the big 60 next yr 😞 I'm still trying to keep up with people 40yrs my junior. Oh well I'll learn one day.

• homers_double

FFS, I just found out that the reason my new pads took several days to arrive is that they were dispatched from 'murica. I'd have just spent an extra few £s and saven on the carbon footprint.

I feel kind of guilty now.

On a plus note, my new fishing barrow has arrived so I won't have to kill myself carting two sets of gear to a lake.

Advocate of disc brakes.
  • Stevo_666

Decent blast round the lanes after garden centre trip with Mrs. 666 and some planting work. Now chilling with some plonk.

• pinno

'Fishing barrow'. How much kit do you need?!

The mind boggles.

• pinno

The gears might fall out of the hub so keep an eye on it.

• seanoconn

Garden centre trip!? Showing your age now Stevo. At least webbo has the excuse of being a grandad.

• seanoconn
  • seanoconn

Last covid jab gave me a frozen shoulder, never again. Anti Vac now.

• seanoconn

Never learn Oxo. Keep kicking 20 year old butt till you drop, go out in style.