monday ananas, il faut que vous l'ayez vu et entendu depuis longtemps, tas d'idiots

sungod
sungod Posts: 16,582

'ning

still nippy, still dry

surreal coffee, wfh through a window shaped like a keyhole in a pineapple, laze by the lobster bubbly cooler

my bike - faster than god's and twice as shiny

Comments

• Stevo_666
    Stevo_666 Posts: 58,717

Spent a bit of time de-icing and demisting the Panzer this morning. Now on the train into town as I have a free lunch with an advisor.

"I spent most of my money on birds, booze and fast cars: the rest of it I just squandered." [George Best]
  • tlw1
    tlw1 Posts: 21,883

Working 😳 helping my old chap out, bad timing as I did actually have stuff to do

• pinno
    pinno Posts: 51,438

Morning les coupe-jarret

Soggy. Cool.

More shenanigans today, some chores.

Laters

seanoconn - gruagach craic!
  • thistle_
    thistle_ Posts: 7,164

If you want something to do on Wednesday I know someone who needs 200 chairs moving across a field 😉

• thistle_

'ning

No cycle in as it is forecasting rain later (and sub zero this morning).

Foot's playing silly today. Might try a run later to try and sort it out.

• briantrumpet
    briantrumpet Posts: 18,063

Rain rain's not going to go away, well not today anyway, so admin & chores in the house. I'll pointlessly keep looking at the rainfall radar to pretend it might clear up in time for a sunset bimble, and just long enough to go to buy some bread without drowning en route. Bored of this weather.

• sungod
    sungod Posts: 16,582

sunny sunny here. unusually dry forecast too

my bike - faster than god's and twice as shiny
  • oxoman
    oxoman Posts: 144

Morning all. WFW as usual however busier than normal as production shutdown for a wk of essential work. Bimbled in on the treader as it was dry and only minus 2, weather gods have promised a dry ride home supposedly. Eitherway need to ride and get fit again.

Too many bikes according to Mrs O.
  • briantrumpet

Left going out for the bread later than I should have (well, the second coffee wasn't going to drink itself), and got slightly damp. Still, another ten minutes later, and I'd have been more than just moist.

• Webboo2
    Webboo2 Posts: 418

Morning

It was a bit nippy here first thing, it’s now glorious sunshine. I’ve done my chores so I will be heading out for a ride soon. Later will be a walk with Mrs W.

• tlw1
    tlw1 Posts: 21,883

Aaahhhh man - bad timing, I’m in California then otherwise………

• veronese68
    veronese68 Posts: 27,362

Afternoon folks,

Busy day in the orifice, but feel happier than normal on a Monday. Chilly wobble in the sunshine was a pleasant start and I've only got a 4 day week as we're off to Porto on Friday. Really should finish trying to find my desk, stashed a couple of boxes of samples in the warehouse which got rid of most of the clutter. Now I just need to remember they're out there and still need acting on.

• homers_double
    homers_double Posts: 8,046

Sunny with blue skies up here too!

What started as a fairly nice day got worse quite quickly.

Mrs HD and a friend were booked in to a very nice day spa, on picking up of said friend she said she couldn't make it due to a bad bug (the squirts) her and hubby both picked up.

Nobody else in the friend group could get the day off at late notice. Driving back down the road her car overheats - new coolant tank fitted last Friday.

Garage phoned, and courtesy car/rescue on its way. I've now cancelled the two site meetings I had booked to stay in work and sent the daughter (my staff) off to spa with her mum.

Now I've got an early finish to pick the kids up and a 4.15 telephone meeting to throw into the mix.

Advocate of disc brakes.
  • briantrumpet

Getting a bit bored with boring stuff, so it'll have to be a dose of weights and turbo (not at the same time). No cooking today, as my non-bolognaise bolognaise sauce will last for a few days, being based on 1.5kg of mince and 500kg of onions/garlic.

• homers_double
    homers_double Posts: 8,046

Sat peacefuly now with rent-a-dog and the fire on.

Advocate of disc brakes.
  • pinno

They have those lovely old trams just like the one's in Lisbon. Made in Bolton!

• thistle_

That amount of onion probably preserves it well enough.

• veronese68
    veronese68 Posts: 27,362

The Porto travel card you can buy online doesn't include the trams 🙄 One for the trivially annoying thread, but I discovered it today if Brian 'threadpolice' trumpet is worried by that 😂

• pinno

If the public transport is anything like Lisbon, it's brilliant and cheap so you won't care if Brian makes a racket.

You won't resist getting on an old tram and just seeing the city, finding a café and chilling.