Tuesdays Phoenix

Morning all. Finally got reinstated by the mods. Seemingly a mistake in the big spam clearout. So the news is same old same old at home, been busy a work and actually did some overtime. New car being picked up Friday. Looks like somebody has my problem, no hair on head to act as an early warning or cushion against impacts. Enjoy the day.

Too many bikes according to Mrs O.

Comments

• tlw1
    tlw1 Posts: 21,898

Yeah Oxo is back / obviously who the feck are you

hounds walked, some work and then off for a meeting at a nice spa, bit odd but lunch is on them, so I’m happy.

no kids, so I imagine pub and hot tub. Just need to fit in a run at some point

• sungod
    sungod Posts: 16,622

'ning

huzzah! oxo's back

coffee, wfh, bubbly lunch, wfh, laze

seano's foiled decapitation is probably quite sore, but soon it'll be itchy

my bike - faster than god's and twice as shiny
  • Stevo_666
    Stevo_666 Posts: 58,833

Welcome back Oxo, we thought it was a bit George Orwell '1984' when you got banned as they erased all your posts - like you'd never existed on BR. At least some of us noticed 😃

"I spent most of my money on birds, booze and fast cars: the rest of it I just squandered." [George Best]
  • oxoman
    oxoman Posts: 172

It was a George that managed to get me back on. Sadly 😥 got to start the count from scratch again. Nice to be missed occasionally.

• tlw1

You will always have a higher post count than I see on the screen if that helps? 😂

• Stevo_666
    edited February 13

Another day in the cave, CBA to going into the office as loads of people are away on half term hols. Got an extra car temporarily as the new one turned up yesterday and we haven't sold Strifey's old Polo yet.

"I spent most of my money on birds, booze and fast cars: the rest of it I just squandered." [George Best]
  • photonic69
    photonic69 Posts: 2,480

Hurrah! Return of the Oxo!!

Early start at Drs for annual check. Lovely nurse this time with the dreamy eyes. Sadly no rectal check but she can drain my blood anytime.

Sometimes. Maybe. Possibly.

• Stevo_666

T-Roc (1 litre jobbie 'cause we're environmentally conscious 😚)

• pinno
    pinno Posts: 51,519

The weedy 1.0 litre 110 hp thing not the 300hp 2.0.

I dunno. She likes Vee dubblya's I take it now she's had one?

seanoconn - gruagach craic!
  • pinno

Welcome back Oxo.

• pinno

Pics next time please (and don't say you're not capable).

• orraloon
    orraloon Posts: 12,767

The return of the SpamFester! All an error of course... 😉

It is sunny, for the 2nd day in a row, in February! How weird. Builders active, progressing well on the next phase of The Project. I'm on tea / coffee duties again. But will do some random fettling about outside, work on the tan. 😎

• Stevo_666

Not sure she needs 300bhp to take the dogs out and pop to the shops. But yep, she quite likes Vee-Dubs.

• seanoconn
    seanoconn Posts: 11,475

Coincidence that oxo’s banned and the spam stops??

Pinno, מלך אידיוט וחרא מכונאי
  • seanoconn
  • seanoconn
  • oxoman
    oxoman Posts: 172

I get the impression everything got stopped including new people wanting to join. I looked at the T-roc and decided I'd go back to kia and went with the xceed with 158bhp which is nearly x3 what the c3 had.

• Stevo_666

The 1l T-Roc won't win performance car of the year, but it won't get burned off by fully laden milk floats at the lights like the old Polo did.

• homers_double
    homers_double Posts: 8,063

Busy at work, the lads filling the van up did a shocking job and left an improtant bit of kit around 200 miles north of where it should be.

I didn't swim last night, may do tonight depending on the outcome of said piece of kit.

Dropped a piece of steel on my finger but didn't get stitches so wont show you all the pics (which haven't been taken).

Advocate of disc brakes.
  • Wheelspinner
    Wheelspinner Posts: 6,577

In town today, on taxi duty again. Was a hot day too, although cooled off now with a wind change.

Got quite irate at software muppets with various website and app fails. Grr. It's clear that the special kind of stupid still works in program development.

Open One+ BMC TE29 Seven 622SL On One Scandal Cervelo RS
  • veronese68
    veronese68 Posts: 27,410

Afternoon folks,

The return of Oxo, sounds like someone had a stomach complaint. Glad to see you were allowed back in at least. The important question is what level of sympathy did Sean get from the Mrs? Did he spin a good enough yarn, will we be told the truth of how it happened?

Why do so many VW model names begin with T? Did they have an excess in stock they wanted to use up, or are they northern and it was only supposed to be called Roc. Allegedly the Colt Starion was supposed to be called Stallion, but when they were deciding on a name one of the Japanese bosses suggested Starion and they went with it. It was too late by the time he saw the badges. Doubt it's true, but there you go.

Usual nonsense in the orifice, trying not to swear too much as one of the girls has her daughter with her as its half term. Unfortunately the excess of stupidity is making this more difficult than it should be.

Tossing for the EPO later. Maybe that's how Seano hurt his head, he was getting in some practice and bopped himself on the head with a frying pan.

• Stevo_666

I saw the Clarkson clip about how the Starion got named. Must resist telling this to some of our Japanese expats 😀 Although I have so far avoided telling them to watch some episodes of 'Banzai' on YouTube.

• photonic69
    photonic69 Posts: 2,480

Dragging day in the office that seems to have an extra 7 hours to it today. Off home in a bit to do some tossing. Then I might make some pancakes. Lemon. Sugar. Cinnamon.

Sometimes. Maybe. Possibly.

• sungod
    sungod Posts: 16,622

bubbly lunch drifted into a lot more bubbly and not much lunch, again

gloominess continues, but less soggy

my bike - faster than god's and twice as shiny
  • Webboo2
    Webboo2 Posts: 449

Evening

Mullered myself with a session on the board. Then a stroll across the village to the book swop not much on offer though. Just had a discussion on UKBouldering about how soon you can go for a run after your vasectomy. It seems they no longer give out those testicle support pouches post op. I think I still wore mine occasionally for about 10 years after the snip.🤣🤣🤣

• veronese68
    veronese68 Posts: 27,410

Funnily enough we watched a clip of Mr Shakey Hand Man at work this afternoon. Seemed a logical progression from me abusing the Korean guy at work.

• Stevo_666

The squirrel fishing challenge was a good one on Banzai.

Just show your Korean colleague this to cheer him up...

• tlw1

I cooked dinner - very rare occurance!

tuna tartare, followed by salmon with mushroom risotto. Now in the hot tub looking at flights to California to see a mate and a bit of skiing

• beansnikpoh
    beansnikpoh Posts: 1,533

Tlw dinner sounds tip top!

Day in the office, boss off on mat leave goodbye lunch. Early bail, left London at 6, was building a fire at 9:30.

Welcome back Oxo!