'ning

last of the sunnymild

ride, cafes, who cares, laze
my bike - faster than god's and twice as shiny

Comments

• thistle_
    thistle_ Posts: 7,164
    'ning

Looking a about cooler today, and looks like I'm coming home just before rainy season starts.

• pinno
    pinno Posts: 51,453
    Where is ya Thistle?
    seanoconn - gruagach craic!
  • pinno
    Morning les esclavagistes

Gloomy grey, breezy. However, there is a bit of blue over Bill's mothers.
    Mild though. Only had the log burner on twice this side of June 21.

Taxi, chores and a bit of WFH then taxi. Like me; simples innit.
  • tlw1
    tlw1 Posts: 21,887
    pinno said:

Where is ya Thistle?

Alsager
  • tlw1
    tlw1 Posts: 21,887
    Wet walk with hounds today, run later work in between
  • sungod
    sungod Posts: 16,588
    turned out cloudy, but very mild

cafe three looms
    my bike - faster than god's and twice as shiny
  • photonic69
    photonic69 Posts: 2,456
    Morning. WFW. Bikecommute #2. Very mild but dull. Less cycling clothes today.. Still a sweaty mess on arrival. I blame the hill.

Sometimes. Maybe. Possibly.

• Drawing some metal shaped things most of the day followed by some meat shaped thing at a restaurant later accompanied by a red tinged goblety type thing.
    Advocate of disc brakes.
  • Stevo_666
    Stevo_666 Posts: 58,723
    pinno said:

Morning les esclavagistes

Gloomy grey, breezy. However, there is a bit of blue over Bill's mothers.
    Mild though. Only had the log burner on twice this side of June 21.

Taxi, chores and a bit of WFH then taxi. Like me; simples innit.

Thinking of getting a log burner for the lounge.

Keeping busy here, but have managed to sort my trip North for later this month and catch up with a few mates from back in the day.
    "I spent most of my money on birds, booze and fast cars: the rest of it I just squandered." [George Best]
  • beansnikpoh
    beansnikpoh Posts: 1,533
    Rode all the way home on a lime bike yesterday as the tube was broken. Took ages, the speed limiter is a drag if going more than a mile or so.

Really annoyed by lack of shower facilities at new office. There are basement changing rooms and showers, but they are exclusive to the big law firm who are the main tenant in the building. There are building works on our floor which has put the single shower out of action since August. My trousers are getting a bit small as a result.

Home today, will turn pedals on static bike.
  • photonic69
    Whoop! Just got the go-ahead to order my new pc workstation. i9 64GB Ram; 3x NVMe M.2 drives; GeForce RTX 4060 8GB graphics card. Nice.

• thistle_
    pinno said:

Where is ya Thistle?

Menorca.

Lots of nasty bitey things round here. My knee is now a funny shape with the swelling
    1/5 would not recommend.

Off to see if the local beach is any safer.
  • thistle_

Whoop! Just got the go-ahead to order my new pc workstation. i9 64GB Ram; 3x NVMe M.2 drives; GeForce RTX 4060 8GB graphics card. Nice.

Sounds a bit overkill for watching pronhub?
  • thistle_

There are basement changing rooms and showers, but they are exclusive to the big law firm who are the main tenant in the building.

Maybe you need to make some friends they're and get a pass.
    You might just need to sleep with the boss or something.
  • @Stevo_666 deffo a worthwhile investment, couple it with a few glasses of red wine and enjoy the best sofa snooze ever!
    Advocate of disc brakes.
  • photonic69
    thistle_ said:

Sounds a bit overkill for watching pronhub?
    Not when it's on a wall of 8K monitors. So lifelike you can almost smell them!

• photonic69
    thistle_ said:

pinno said:

Where is ya Thistle?

Menorca.

Lots of nasty bitey things round here. My knee is now a funny shape with the swelling
    1/5 would not recommend.
    So 4/5 of people would recommend the swelling?

• webboo
    webboo Posts: 6,087
    Afternoon
    Todays ride with Gerries was called because of the forecasted down pour. So what happens a couple of minor showers. So did a bit of climbing followed by weights then offered to help with Mrs W Hawthorn hedge trimming project which led to one of the showers occurring which was fine as the battery hedge trimmer was failing miserably. Which made 2 of us. So sacked it off in favour of some lunch.
  • orraloon
    orraloon Posts: 12,737
    Jeffed. Garden work sesh today, team tackling a well neglected rock border. Maybe after effects of an eating and drinking week away. Or I'm just getting weak.

@Stevo_666 deffo a worthwhile investment, couple it with a few glasses of red wine and enjoy the best sofa snooze ever!

Deffo indeed. Para mi, last night stove on, eat, pour 2nd (๐Ÿค”) glass, put on a YouTube with Lance and Jan U. Wake up just short of midnight.

I could try again this evening...
  • Stevo_666

@Stevo_666 deffo a worthwhile investment, couple it with a few glasses of red wine and enjoy the best sofa snooze ever!

Sounds good - time to do some research.
    "I spent most of my money on birds, booze and fast cars: the rest of it I just squandered." [George Best]
  • beansnikpoh
    Stevo_666 said:

I have one down in Porlock so as we don't freeze in the evenings. Storage heaters running off the cheap nighttime electricity are fine in the day, but run out of juice by about 7. I've finally found a local cheapish source of seasoned hardwood that doesn't just deliver by the lorryload (no outside space). As HD and Loon say, lovely and cosy when they get going.
  • Stevo_666

Stevo_666 said:

I have one down in Porlock so as we don't freeze in the evenings. Storage heaters running off the cheap nighttime electricity are fine in the day, but run out of juice by about 7. I've finally found a local cheapish source of seasoned hardwood that doesn't just deliver by the lorryload (no outside space). As HD and Loon say, lovely and cosy when they get going.
    It's not like we need it, as there are 4 rads in the lounge, but would be nice and less messy that the open fire that's there but currently unused and sealed with an iron plate to stop the draughts.

Only problem is, there's a nice ornate wooden mantelpiece round the fireplace which Mrs. 666 really likes and would probably warp if we started using it.
  • veronese68
    veronese68 Posts: 27,363
    edited October 2023
    Evening folks,
    Another day of feeling rough and WFH. Fell asleep on the couch at lunchtime like a proper old git. No pub tonight due to lurgy, all very tedious.
    Lime bikes are fine for a half cut few miles, but as Bยณ says, awful for anything more. You can pedal them over the max speed for the assistance, but the amount of drag makes it hard work.
  • photonic69
    Ah bollux. Working late and my ride home will be in the dark and p!ssing rain. No rain shell or overshoes. Going to be a damp one. Just peachy

• beansnikpoh
    thistle_ said:

There are basement changing rooms and showers, but they are exclusive to the big law firm who are the main tenant in the building.

Maybe you need to make some friends they're and get a pass.
    You might just need to sleep with the boss or something.
    I reckon if I get in with the facilities guys they might give me access.
  • pinno
    Stevo_666 said:

Stevo_666 said:

It's not like we need it, as there are 4 rads in the lounge, but would be nice and less messy that the open fire that's there but currently unused and sealed with an iron plate to stop the draughts.

Only problem is, there's a nice ornate wooden mantelpiece round the fireplace which Mrs. 666 really likes and would probably warp if we started using it.
    Building regs say it should be at least 18" from the burner. My oak mantlepieces haven't warped. I would go cassette, inset convection type. Do some reseach.

They can be quite magnificent:

• seanoconn
    seanoconn Posts: 11,448

Ah bollux. Working late and my ride home will be in the dark and p!ssing rain. No rain shell or overshoes. Going to be a damp one. Just peachy

Was it peachy? Donโ€™t mind the rain if Iโ€™m prepared. Sucks to get caught out. Although evening rain was forecast! ๐Ÿ˜‰
    Pinno, ืžืœืš ืื™ื“ื™ื•ื˜ ื•ื—ืจื ืžื›ื•ื ืื™
  • It wonโ€™t warp, we put a solid oak beam above ours and itโ€™s fine
    Advocate of disc brakes.
  • Stevo_666
    pinno said:

Stevo_666 said:

Stevo_666 said:

Building regs say it should be at least 18" from the burner. My oak mantlepieces haven't warped. I would go cassette, inset convection type. Do some reseach.

They can be quite magnificent:

Yup, time to do a spot of research and get the tape measure out. Ta for that.