*SOLD* Mason Definition Frameset - 56cm

alwaystimetotorque
alwaystimetotorque Posts: 226
edited October 2023 in Bike parts for sale
For sale is my Mason Definition frame and forks in size 56cm.

It is in overall excellent condition with a couple of minor scratches from cables around the headtube and some paint loss which has been touched up on the chainstay where there was some chain suck. There is also a slight mark where the front mech clamp was positioned.

Internal cable routing for mechanical or electronic gears as well as hydro discs.

I have owned this frame from new and has been used predominantly as my winter bike with full guards and pannier set up. For what it is worth the frame has covered around 13,500 miles and is free from any signs of corrosion.

Included is the Mason carbon seatpost and clamp as well as the original frame plugs/parts, a bottle of touch up paint, a set a of mason bar end plugs and a spare rear mech hanger.

I'm looking for £650 shipped in original box to UK mainland only or collection is possible from Cheshire area. Shipping to anywhere else may be possible but buyer will pay for shipping and be responsible for any import duties/tax/costs etc.

The frame is also on a well known web based site.

Only selling as I have decided to now use my Fairlight Strael as a winter bike.

Comments

• mrb123
    mrb123 Posts: 4,624
    Good luck with the sale - too small for me unfortunately.

May I ask for your feedback on this and the Strael? They're two options at the top of my shortlist for a new 4 season road build. Have got an Ultegra hydro groupset ready to go.

Looking for something that is a fun, racey feeling bike that won't make me long for my carbon summer bike. Any advice or opinions between the two of them? Feel free to PM if you'd rather.
  • I have a Strael and this caught my eye as I was wondering about swapping it out but the mason geometry wouldn't work. The Strael (in it's regular sizes) has very racey geometry, last time I checked it was the same as the then current specialized Tarmac.

That said I find my 56R way too twitchy and unstable. I could barely ride it one handed before I installed an angled headset to provide some extra stability. I've had many bikes in the past, my last was a Scott Foil, which I had no problems riding no handed to put jackets, caps, gloves etc... on while on the move, so I don't think it's me. I can also still do all of this on my other two bikes, though they're also on the more stable end of the geometry spectrum.

I test rode the Strael but they only had a 54r which has a very different trail figure to the 56r so maybe the experience is size-specific
  • I have a Strael and this caught my eye as I was wondering about swapping it out but the mason geometry wouldn't work. The Strael (in it's regular sizes) has very racey geometry, last time I checked it was the same as the then current specialized Tarmac.

That said I find my 56R way too twitchy and unstable. I could barely ride it one handed before I installed an angled headset to provide some extra stability. I've had many bikes in the past, my last was a Scott Foil, which I had no problems riding no handed to put jackets, caps, gloves etc... on while on the move, so I don't think it's me. I can also still do all of this on my other two bikes, though they're also on the more stable end of the geometry spectrum.

I test rode the Strael but they only had a 54r which has a very different trail figure to the 56r so maybe the experience is size-specific

I've responded before on this Joey as have others with the same response that the Strael isn't at all twitchy. The trail difference is only 6mm between the 54R and 56R which I wouldn't describe as 'very different'.

I have a 56R and have no issues with this. Anyway, this is a for sale thread...
  • Well, 6mm when it comes to trail is pretty big. Anyway, I did genuinely come here to see about buying this bike, I saw someone asking for feedback on the back I own, I provided some feedback. I'm sorry that aggrieved you so much. I'll avoid commenting further on your classified thread.