tuesday with just a smidge of truffle

'ning

mmm warm, near-scorchio later, great days

ride, early foray into gmc, cafe, cafe, wfh/bask, laze
my bike - faster than god's and twice as shiny

Comments

• tlw1
    tlw1 Posts: 21,874
    Walk hounds and then a gentle run (too warm to run with them), work snizzle and then a ride with friends, might even get the summer bike out 😳
  • Fog!

Back to WFW today unfortunately, lovely day yesterday basking
  • Stevo_666
    Stevo_666 Posts: 58,573
    Still almost dark when I got up - gods way of telling you it's too bl00dy early. Bit misty out there again but we're headed to sweatsville today (and I don't mean Scotland).

Meetings galore in the office await...
    "I spent most of my money on birds, booze and fast cars: the rest of it I just squandered." [George Best]
  • pinno
    pinno Posts: 51,371
    Morning les catachrèse

Same weather as yesterday.
    Difference today is no needles and delayed coffee.
    Pedal soon, work later.
    seanoconn - gruagach craic!
  • Managed an hour on the bike this morning but it was chilly and windy so stayed in the valley.
    Warming up now, might get a swim at lunch depending if I can shift a few minor jobs.

Advocate of disc brakes.
  • orraloon
    orraloon Posts: 12,696
    Looks like I've had a visit from Shaun, pressies left for me on the garden path. Sheeps are back in the fields next door and there is a gap in the hedge / fence line, now with a pallet propped across it. Upside is Shaun didn't fancy the flavours of the leaves in the raised bed.
  • pinno
    What a ride; barely any wind, warm...
    Mill pond.

• Cracker of a day. Forecast wind didn't eventuate, but blue skies did.

Burnt a couple piles of stuff to get rid, then had a bask before lunch. Bike ride on trainer thing this arvo, longest I've done in years.

Open One+ BMC TE29 Seven 622SL On One Scandal Cervelo RS
  • pinno said:

Mill pond.

Any fish in there?
    Advocate of disc brakes.
  • pinno

pinno said:

Mill pond.

Any fish in there?
    Yep. It's part of the local district angling association for coarse fishing (ruined). However, the current algae issue means there has been a ban on it. It will be back to normal soon.
  • sungod
    sungod Posts: 16,558
    https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-london-66719320

i'm baffled by...

"...shopkeepers involved said the man had begun harming himself to try to get them to release his alleged accomplice, which they subsequently did..."

i'd be singing 'gouge away' and let the scumbag finish himself off

my bike - faster than god's and twice as shiny
  • veronese68
    veronese68 Posts: 27,336
    edited September 2023
    Evening folks,
    To coin a Stevoism that was ACOAD.
    Started badly when my beautiful assistant told me she's accepted a job offer and will be handing her notice in as soon as she gets the paperwork. I've been telling the directors for over a year that she will walk if they don't do something proactive to keep her and that the will really struggle to find anyone as good as her.
    Then we all got dragged into a meeting and I ended up shouting at the useless twunt that is our ops director. He's a nasty little man and a bully. He was kicking off and I said enough and told him what the team actually did with a system that didn't work and no support from him. The MD heard me and when we'd finished called us all into his office, rowed back significantly on what we'd been told and said he knew how hard it's been for us and that he'd tell OLC* to wind his neck in.
    That was all before 10am 🙄
    Lovely ride to and fro with the added Ben that the EPO had put some beers in the fridge knowing I'd fancy a drink.

*OLC = 'orrible little c#nt
  • Stevo_666

Evening folks,
    Started badly when my beautiful assistant told me she's accepted a job offer and will be handing her notice in as soon as she gets the paperwork. I've been telling the directors for over a year that she will walk if they don't do something proactive to keep her and that the will really struggle to find anyone as good as her.
    Then we all got dragged into a meeting and I ended up shouting at the useless twunt that is our ops director. He's a nasty little man and a bully. He was kicking off and I said enough and told him what the team actually did with a system that didn't work and no support from him. The MD heard me and when we'd finished called us all into his office, rowed back significantly on what we'd been told and said he knew how hard it's been for us and that he'd tell OLC* to wind his neck in.
    Lovely ride to and fro with the added Ben that the EPO had put some beers in the fridge knowing I'd fancy a drink.

Credit to Kevin Bl00dy Wilson where its due...

But that sounds like an appropriate description, especially the bit about losing a good looking assistant :smile:

If it makes you feel any better, our Group FC came back to work today after taking a month off to sort his affairs out after being diagnosed with Motor Neurone Disease. Even saying stuff like 'how are you doing' is a bit sensitive given he and we all know that he's a dead man walking :(
    "I spent most of my money on birds, booze and fast cars: the rest of it I just squandered." [George Best]
  • Evening folks,

I can't imagine you shouting mate. Work must be super shyte.

What a lovely EPO!
  • veronese68
    Cheers chaps, I am prone to speaking my mind if something isn't right. The funniest bit was when he said it was a bit of a stretch for me to say I was speaking on behalf of the whole team. He asked what they thought and got a unanimous reply that I spoke for all of them.
    Altogether nicer thing, took this picture on my wobble home last week. I'd stopped for the deer slightly further away and the other walked right in front of me. Not sure if it will show after compression on the site but the mother is feeding the fawn on the right of the path.
  • seanoconn
    seanoconn Posts: 11,428

Evening folks,

What a lovely EPO!
    Have you not met V!? 😂 I can imagine a few C words thrown about too 👍
    Pinno, מלך אידיוט וחרא מכונאי
  • pinno
    ...and people wonder why I hated working in offices.
  • tlw1
    tlw1 Posts: 21,874
    seanoconn said:

Evening folks,

What a lovely EPO!
    He is Italian 😂
  • Stevo_666
    seanoconn said:

Evening folks,

What a lovely EPO!
    I think that was only when he met you and me Seano :smile:
  • veronese68
    Stevo_666 said:

seanoconn said:

Evening folks,

What a lovely EPO!
    I think that was only when he met you and me Seano :smile:
    Language definitely varies according to the occasion 😂
    One of the girls did say she was impressed I managed to keep it so professional whilst shouting angrily.