sunday has a discontinuity

'ning

milder brighter

ride cafes and lazing, vuelta catch up
my bike - faster than god's and twice as shiny

Comments

• pinno
    pinno Posts: 51,371
    Odd happening if you haven't seen it SG.

Bright. Breezy though. Will pedal.
    seanoconn - gruagach craic!
  • Set fair here. Clean the place, quick beach stroll, lunch and back to London.
  • Dry day, paint some decking and a spot of surface fishing at the local lake later.
    Prep bike for a pre work Monday ride.
    Advocate of disc brakes.
  • Stevo_666
    Stevo_666 Posts: 58,569
    Reasonable lie in, forecast to be warm 'n' sunny here but it's misty at the mo. Waiting for that to burn off then off out for a lunchtime ride with a mate.
    "I spent most of my money on birds, booze and fast cars: the rest of it I just squandered." [George Best]
  • tlw1
    tlw1 Posts: 21,874
    Bike ride to collect car was hard work without food, now refuelling at the dreaded Golden Arches before riding home.

Parent over later for a bbq
  • orraloon
    orraloon Posts: 12,696
    Wandered down to local park to watch a bit of the family cyclocross event, races for kids, for adults and a relay for them all. Impressive watching some of those tinies, def pre school age, cranking it out round the full course. Next gen Pidders?

Lazy afternoon, may do some garden fettling in the warmth before pro race catch ups.
  • Garden cleanup continues, slow but steady, filling the ute for a run to the tip. So far the calendar is CLEAR of taxi duty for the whole week coming up... ya-frickin-hoo!

Sunday night tired for no great reason. Been a glorious day, but wind picking up tonight, hopefully ease by tomorrow. We wanna burn stuff...

Open One+ BMC TE29 Seven 622SL On One Scandal Cervelo RS
  • seanoconn
    seanoconn Posts: 11,428
    Trip to beach, very enjoyable too. Boys caught about 50 of these bad boys

Pinno, מלך אידיוט וחרא מכונאי
  • Stevo_666
    Nice hilly 50k done, now chilling with the hounds.
    "I spent most of my money on birds, booze and fast cars: the rest of it I just squandered." [George Best]
  • pinno
    Dinner?
  • Stevo_666
    pinno said:

Dinner?

Yep, in a bit when Mrs. 666 and junior get back.
  • seanoconn
    seanoconn Posts: 11,428
    Stevo_666 said:

pinno said:

Dinner?

Think Pinno meant the crabs. 🦀
    Pinno, מלך אידיוט וחרא מכונאי
  • pinno
    seanoconn said:

Stevo_666 said:

pinno said:

Dinner?

Think Pinno meant the crabs. 🦀
    Yep.
  • veronese68
    veronese68 Posts: 27,334
    Evening folks,
    Now August has finished the weather has improved dramatically. Very nice it is too. Traditional slow start was enjoyed, followed by much pottering. Popped over to the old dear's, even though she's in Italy, to do some bits and pieces. Repaired the lad's watch strap using her jewellery making gear which was most satisfying. He's ridden up to town to stay at his gf's before starting the new job tomorrow.
    Great gig last night, mild hangover this morning.
  • tlw1
    tlw1 Posts: 21,874
    When your mate turns up at the pub with his new motor

• veronese68
    veronese68 Posts: 27,334
    That would be ulez compliant, which would be interesting 😂
  • pinno
    [On the subject of the Titanic] @sungod

The ship had her own official cat named Jenny, who was kept aboard the Titanic as a mascot and also worked to keep down the ship's population of rats and mice. Transferred over from the Titanic's sister ship Olympic, Jenny gave birth in the week before the Titanic sailed from Southampton. She normally lived in the galley, where the victualling staff fed her and her kittens on scraps from the kitchens.[8] Stewardess Violet Jessop wrote that the cat "laid her family near Jim, the scullion, whose approval she always sought and who always gave her warm devotion.