'ning

smidge less nippy, but gloomygrey start

ride cafes laze
my bike - faster than god's and twice as shiny

Comments

• pinno
    pinno Posts: 51,373
    Morning crème d'emplâtre à la graisse de hérisson

Bit cloudy and slightly disappointing, cool.
    Must try out new Rapha* clobber.
    Vuelta later. Hopefully Jumbo will squash Remco.

*Not normally my goto but cheaper than the Castelli equivalent.
    seanoconn - gruagach craic!
  • Stevo_666
    Stevo_666 Posts: 58,573
    Not been up long :) Got a few things on the cards but no hurry, may grab lunch in town at some point. At least no more biblical downpours due like we got yesterday afternoon.
    "I spent most of my money on birds, booze and fast cars: the rest of it I just squandered." [George Best]
  • tlw1
    tlw1 Posts: 21,874
    Chilled start, house has been tidied ready for a royal visit from my parents tomorrow and then we realised the kids are having a party tonight whilst we are away at a wedding 🙄

Run soon followed by a ride to the old town so I’ve got a bike to pick the car up on Sunday
  • pinno
    tlw1 said:

Chilled start, house has been tidied ready for a royal visit from my parents tomorrow and then we realised the kids are having a party tonight whilst we are away at a wedding 🙄

Run soon followed by a ride to the old town so I’ve got a bike to pick the car up on Sunday

Old town = Dudley?
  • Stevo_666
    oxoman said:

Mr T your not a Dudley boy are you.

When someone says 'Dudley' for some reason it makes me think of Timothy Spall saying it.
    "I spent most of my money on birds, booze and fast cars: the rest of it I just squandered." [George Best]
  • pinno
    Stevo_666 said:

oxoman said:

Mr T your not a Dudley boy are you.

When someone says 'Dudley' for some reason it makes me think of Timothy Spall saying it.
    Yeah - 'Doodlay'.
  • I was born in Bromsgrove, then lived in Kidderminster for my first couple of years. Not that I remember.

Carnival day in Porlock. Lots of floats and general silliness.

• Stevo_666

I was born in Bromsgrove, then lived in Kidderminster for my first couple of years. Not that I remember.

Carnival day in Porlock. Lots of floats and general silliness.

WTF is that?
  • seanoconn
    seanoconn Posts: 11,428
    @Stevo_666
    Remember I mentioned my air con was broken and has been for the past 6 weeks. I had an appointment booked to fix it but their diagnostic tool stopped working so I cancelled. Well….. turns out it was just switched off 😗 and is working fine.
    Pinno, מלך אידיוט וחרא מכונאי
  • Stevo_666
    seanoconn said:

@Stevo_666
    Remember I mentioned my air con was broken and has been for the past 6 weeks. I had an appointment booked to fix it but their diagnostic tool stopped working so I cancelled. Well….. turns out it was just switched off 😗 and is working fine.

Ta Seano, I put the wife's car in to get a new condenser fitted as the old one was knackered and leaking. Was fine on the way home on Thursday but by yesterday it went back to blowing warm air. So back it goes next week...
  • Stevo_666 said:

seanoconn said:

@Stevo_666

Ta Seano, I put the wife's car in to get a new condenser fitted as the old one was knackered and leaking. Was fine on the way home on Thursday but by yesterday it went back to blowing warm air. So back it goes next week...

Sounds like they skipped the pressure testing and simply gassed it up. It's always worth giving a system a 24h pressure test.
    Also it might be worth investing in a mesh grill to place in front of the condenser, to protect it from stones etc.
  • Stevo_666

Stevo_666 said:

seanoconn said:

@Stevo_666

Sounds like they skipped the pressure testing and simply gassed it up. It's always worth giving a system a 24h pressure test.
    Also it might be worth investing in a mesh grill to place in front of the condenser, to protect it from stones etc.
    I'll find out next week I guess. The condenser looks pretty well protected by the front bumper in that particular car, mind. Could have been age as its nearly 8 yo.
  • pinno

Stevo_666 said:

seanoconn said:

@Stevo_666

A local garage does nitrogen testing. They did that after I fitted 2 condensers to the 911 and then gassed it.
  • tlw1
    tlw1 Posts: 21,874
    pinno said:

tlw1 said:

Old town = Dudley?
    Market Drayton - similar 😂