nippy again, even less sunny

ride cafes vuelta mountains laze
my bike - faster than god's and twice as shiny

Comments

• pinno
    pinno Posts: 51,371
    Morning Blue Blistering Bell-Bottomed Balderdash's

Cool, grey.
    Squeezed in a pedal yesterday evening and it was... cool and grey.

Today the usual taxi run plus chores.
    It's a bank holiday in Scotland but it's not a bank holiday. Banks are shut and Royal snail isn't delivering but schools, shops and other facilities are all open as normal.
    seanoconn - gruagach craic!
  • tlw1
    tlw1 Posts: 21,874
    Great party last night and perhaps shouldn’t have then gone out after it finished 🙄

Long (ish) run to pick up the car with a pal and then cycle back home and I assume a chilled day, with a bit of pub in it
  • Stevo_666
    Stevo_666 Posts: 58,569
    Need to do a work call this morning as there's no bank holiday in the Kingdom of Far Far Away, but agreed to do it today as there's something in it for me. Followed by quick trip to Tesco then a bike ride with a mate in the afternoon.
    "I spent most of my money on birds, booze and fast cars: the rest of it I just squandered." [George Best]
  • veronese68
    veronese68 Posts: 27,334
    Afternoon folks,
    Slow start was enjoyed, been sorting stuff after a heavy afternoon yesterday. Miraculously we didn't get rained on. Should probably do something. Maybe a cup of rosie.
  • Stevo_666
    edited August 2023
    Managed a sneaky little 50k up into North Kent so will be rewarding myself with vino or cider this evening and getting one of my 5 a day at the same time. CBA with going into the office tomorrow.
    "I spent most of my money on birds, booze and fast cars: the rest of it I just squandered." [George Best]
  • orraloon
    orraloon Posts: 12,696
    👍 Oxo. That Ridgeway pf will be Flint. I know him. Good you got finished on the KAW.
  • tlw1
    Well done Oxo
  • seanoconn
    seanoconn Posts: 11,428
    oxoman said:

Evening all managed to survive to live another day. Hi-light of the day was actually finishing the
    Lo-light was getting a visit from the ridgeway puncture fairy. Luckily managed to seal it without it splattering me. Now to have some beer and soak some sore bits 🥺😳

Well done oxo. Trans-Cambrian way next weekend?
    Pinno, מלך אידיוט וחרא מכונאי
  • tlw1
    seanoconn said:

oxoman said:

Evening all managed to survive to live another day. Hi-light of the day was actually finishing the
    Lo-light was getting a visit from the ridgeway puncture fairy. Luckily managed to seal it without it splattering me. Now to have some beer and soak some sore bits 🥺😳

I really fancy that - a bike radar special would be a giggle
  • seanoconn
    tlw1 said:

seanoconn said:

oxoman said:

I really fancy that - a bike radar special would be a giggle
    We can share a tent 😃🤗
  • beansnikpoh
    beansnikpoh Posts: 1,533
    Listening to the Bridge Over Troubled Water album, half cut, high volume. Why don't you write me? Wa la la.

I might p1ss out of the window into the stream, because it's the countryside.

Royston chubby cünt Vasey Brown can fcuk right off, as can all the tragic tw@ts who sail with him.
  • beansnikpoh
    Stevo_666 said:

Need to do a work call this morning as there's no bank holiday in the Kingdom of Far Far Away, but agreed to do it today as there's something in it for me. Followed by quick trip to Tesco then a bike ride with a mate in the afternoon.

Did they cancel your trip over there? Or were you plotting that today?
  • beansnikpoh
    Decided against defiling the stream, turned up K.467 instead. Not very rebellious. Would have been back in 1785.
  • seanoconn

Listening to the Bridge Over Troubled Water album, half cut, high volume. Why don't you write me? Wa la la.

Royston chubby cünt Vasey Brown can fcuk right off, as can all the tragic Stevo like tw@ts who sail with him.

FTFY 😂

I do enjoy a tipsy beans 😃
  • beansnikpoh
    seanoconn said:

Royston chubby cünt Vasey Brown can fcuk right off, as can all the tragic Stevo like tw@ts who sail with him.

FTFY 😂

I think Stevo was on the wind up though wasn't he?
  • tlw1
    Which half Oxo?

Seanoconn - there must be hotels on the route? Can’t carry tents, etc and the amount of booze we will need
  • seanoconn
    tlw1 said:

Which half Oxo?

Seanoconn - there must be hotels on the route? Can’t carry tents, etc and the amount of booze we will need

I can handle rejection, I’m absolutely fine, no problem, no problem at all. Yes, booze of course 😢
  • seanoconn

seanoconn said:

FTFY 😂

If by wind up you mean he was voicing his love of RCB out loud, then yes, he was on the wind up. Pretending to like RCB for a wind up? No he wasn’t. Stevo is the actual devil.
  • tlw1
    seanoconn said:

tlw1 said:

Which half Oxo?

I can handle rejection, I’m absolutely fine, no problem, no problem at all. Yes, booze of course 😢
    Rejection? I offered you an upgrade 😂
  • Stevo_666

Stevo_666 said:

Did they cancel your trip over there? Or were you plotting that today?
    Trying to plot it. Back end of October is the proposal, apparently they don't like to be in the office much in Summer as its too hot/humid and the office air con is pants...
  • Stevo_666
    seanoconn said:

seanoconn said:

FTFY 😂

If by wind up you mean he was voicing his love of RCB out loud, then yes, he was on the wind up. Pretending to like RCB for a wind up? No he wasn’t. Stevo is the actual devil.
    It's pretty obvious FFS, I mean I even have '666' in my username >:)
  • seanoconn
    tlw1 said:

seanoconn said:

tlw1 said:

Which half Oxo?

Took me a while to catch on. A hotel room is much more romantic, 😃
  • seanoconn
    Stevo_666 said:

seanoconn said:

seanoconn said:

FTFY 😂

It's pretty obvious FFS, I mean I even have '666' in my username >:)
    Better the devil you know 👍
  • veronese68
    veronese68 Posts: 27,334
    seanoconn said:

tlw1 said:

seanoconn said:

tlw1 said:

Which half Oxo?

A hotel room and the booze to lower your standards.
    Actually, beyond having a pulse could your standards get any lower?
  • Stevo_666

seanoconn said:

tlw1 said:

seanoconn said:

tlw1 said:

Which half Oxo?

I didn't realise that a pulse was one of his criteria :D
  • seanoconn

seanoconn said:

tlw1 said:

seanoconn said:

tlw1 said:

Which half Oxo?

Hey now come on, I wouldn’t describe tkw1 as lowering standards. Naughty.