friday and the ubiquity of 4π

'ning

brrr, but dry

ride cafes wfh laze
my bike - faster than god's and twice as shiny

Comments

• Moaning,

Brrr it is, not even 10C on the mercury here but dry (for now)

Last day this week of WFW so the chippy will be visited. Hopefully the rain will appear in-between my journeys. Plenty of bands on this weekend down at one of my locals so lots of beer and cider are expected to be consumed.

• seanoconn
    seanoconn Posts: 11,428
    Last day, pack and put away all our garden activities in 30 degree heat should be fun. Then off to Krakow airport for 21:15 flight. Wifey will be sad but kids are ready to go home.
    Pinno, מלך אידיוט וחרא מכונאי
  • pinno
    pinno Posts: 51,373
    seanoconn said:

Last day, pack and put away all our garden activities in 30 degree heat should be fun. Then off to Krakow airport for 21:15 flight. Wifey will be sad but kids are ready to go home.

You'll need another holiday to get over this one.
    seanoconn - gruagach craic!
  • pinno
    Morning Bougainvilleas

A tad dull and windy.
    I wonder how 'Loon is. He hasn't posted for a while.
    I'll give him a call.

Vuelta tomorrow - yay!
    In Scorchio - boo!
  • tlw1
    tlw1 Posts: 21,874
    Enjoy your last day Seanoconn

Gentle run with hounds this morning, rather cold.

Work stuff and then we are having a dinner party later, should be a giggle
  • Stevo_666
    Stevo_666 Posts: 58,573
    seanoconn said:

Seano, Just show her that clip of Prigozhins plane to get her in the mood for flying o:)
    "I spent most of my money on birds, booze and fast cars: the rest of it I just squandered." [George Best]
  • Stevo_666
    edited August 2023
    Its a fun bike day today, so I'm off down to Bedgebury in a couple of hours for a spot of off roading. Weather looking good and not too hot. May need to rehydrate with cider later on.
    "I spent most of my money on birds, booze and fast cars: the rest of it I just squandered." [George Best]
  • homers_double
    homers_double Posts: 8,030
    Just booked a long weekend with the small kids at a fishing lodge, now time to spend money on more stuff I don't actually need!
    TFIF!
    Advocate of disc brakes.
  • orraloon
    orraloon Posts: 12,696
    Day #8 of my v bad eye world, eye clinic check #7 done, stabilising, the antibiotics are working, the internal pus has gone but 'kin debris left behind by the wee bacterial barstewards. Still in close watch mode, given on call mobile numbers just in case for this long weekend.

Going to take some time for this to pan out, hopefully positively. So enjoy your bike rides peeps, I'll no be out for a while 😢
  • veronese68
    veronese68 Posts: 27,336
    Afternoon folks,
    WFH today so no wobbling, seem to have picked up a hacking cough which is dull. Thankfully don't feel too bad otherwise. Tested positive for the plague a few weeks ago, but no symptoms, now have symptoms but testing negative so it's some other random lurgy. Lots going on this weekend so I hope it passes.
    That all sounds rather grim 'loon, at lease it sounds like its heading in the right direction. Can you self medicate with liquid cure-all?
    Hope the trip back goes smoothly Seano, at least you have the weekend to drown your sorrows. I need another holiday.
    Onward and upward...
  • seanoconn
    seanoconn Posts: 11,428
    Stevo_666 said:

seanoconn said:

Seano, Just show her that clip of Prigozhins plane to get her in the mood for flying o:)
    Hopefully no one on our flight has previous beef with Vlad.
    Pinno, מלך אידיוט וחרא מכונאי
  • tlw1
    tlw1 Posts: 21,874
    seanoconn said:

Stevo_666 said:

seanoconn said:

Hopefully no one on our flight has previous beef with Vlad.
    😂 hhhhmmmmm we could start a rumour
  • Stevo_666
    Good bit of MTB'ing done, legs tired. Strifey has decided she can't be bothered to cook tonight so take away it is. Yay :)
  • veronese68
    veronese68 Posts: 27,336
    Take away makes sense, we took ourselves away and had pizza in the pub with a few drinks 😁
  • webboo
    webboo Posts: 6,087
    Evening
    Just driven through probably every set of road works in Belgium, Luxembourg and a couple in France to arrive in a very wet alpine setting. Apparently it supposed to rain everyday for the next 2 weeks. Not likely to get homesick then.
  • pinno
    Get stuck in Boo. It's only rain.
  • Stevo_666

Take away makes sense, we took ourselves away and had pizza in the pub with a few drinks 😁

I don't tell her, but sometimes it's nice to have a change from her cooking >:)