tuesday thing from another universe

'ning

cafe stroll, wfh, laze, try to summon energy to book some hols
my bike - faster than god's and twice as shiny

Comments

• Stevo_666
    Stevo_666 Posts: 58,573
    Airport drop off of junior and her mates done, having a spot of brekkie then a call with the Kingdom of Far Far Away which will probably annoy me slightly. A bit like the 5 quid Gatwick now charge you just to drop people off.

Could do with more sleep but will have to make do with coffee instead.
    "I spent most of my money on birds, booze and fast cars: the rest of it I just squandered." [George Best]
  • pinno
    pinno Posts: 51,374
    DW's start school.
    Power off at 9.30 due to some dodgy pole so a bit snookered.

£5 to drop someone off at the airport?
    You have 15 mins at Glasgow and you have to take a ticket.
    seanoconn - gruagach craic!
  • homers_double
    homers_double Posts: 8,030
    Manchester charge £5 for three minutes to drop off these days, it used to be 5 minutes.

Anyway, more rushing around today. Site visit later and a hellalong drive tomorrow.
    Advocate of disc brakes.
  • tlw1
    tlw1 Posts: 21,874
    Nice walk with hounds followed by run on tired legs.

Work stuff and maybe a swim or bikes later
  • seanoconn
    seanoconn Posts: 11,428
    Stevo_666 said:

Airport drop off of junior and her mates done, having a spot of brekkie then a call with the Kingdom of Far Far Away which will probably annoy me slightly. A bit like the 5 quid Gatwick now charge you just to drop people off.

The £5 charge has been in place for the last two or three years 😕

But thanks for reminding me to book a taxi Friday evening 😃
    Pinno, מלך אידיוט וחרא מכונאי
  • seanoconn
    seanoconn Posts: 11,428
    Helping cook dinner today. Some serious army style spud peeling punishment going on.
    Pinno, מלך אידיוט וחרא מכונאי
  • webboo
    webboo Posts: 6,087
    Morning
    Done a bit of stretching, building up to go for a ride. Because even though it’s sunny yet again it’s windy as fook.
  • Stevo_666
    seanoconn said:

Stevo_666 said:

The £5 charge has been in place for the last two or three years 😕

But thanks for reminding me to book a taxi Friday evening 😃
    Looks like it shows I've been quite successful at avoiding airport taxi duty for a couple of years :)
    "I spent most of my money on birds, booze and fast cars: the rest of it I just squandered." [George Best]
  • veronese68
    veronese68 Posts: 27,336
    Afternoon folks,
    Another day of fun in the orifice, a few more people in today. The wobble in was a little warmer and drier than yesterday, but similarly grey. There was a chance i was going to have to do an airport run on Monday which I wasn't looking forward to as my sister has booked the 7am flight for her and the old dear. Thankfully the old dear has said they'll take a cab and I won't have to get up at SG o'clock. When I've dropped my sister of before and she's offered to pay the charge i declined as if I did it at least I would know it had been done, she's rather flaky in that respect.
  • sungod
    sungod Posts: 16,559
    edited August 2023
    for lgw drop-off you're probably ok to do it at the hilton (south terminal), i often stay there, they have signs up saying they'll charge non-guests to drop off, but can't see how they can know/enforce it, probably just trying to psych people out

access road is on the east side of the hotel

go in the doors, never seen anyone there checking, straight up to level one (choice of stairs, lift, escalator), walk straight through the atrium (reception/lounge/bar area) and down the corridor to the south terminal

should be fine as long as it's not very early/late (maybe 2200-0500) as then they lock all the hotel entry points and you have to use the intercom and give your name for access
    my bike - faster than god's and twice as shiny
  • Stevo_666
    sungod said:

for lgw drop-off you're probably ok to do it at the hilton (south terminal), i often stay there, they have signs up saying they'll charge non-guests to drop off, but can't see how they can know/enforce it, probably just trying to psych people out

access road is on the east side of the hotel

go in the doors, never seen anyone there checking, straight up to level one (choice of stairs, lift, escalator), walk straight through the atrium (reception/lounge/bar area) and down the corridor to the south terminal

should be fine as long as it's not very early/late (maybe 2200-0500) as then they lock all the hotel entry points and you have to use the intercom and give your name for access

Thanks SG, will bear this in mind as an option next time.
  • Stevo_666

Afternoon folks,
    Another day of fun in the orifice, a few more people in today. The wobble in was a little warmer and drier than yesterday, but similarly grey. There was a chance i was going to have to do an airport run on Monday which I wasn't looking forward to as my sister has booked the 7am flight for her and the old dear. Thankfully the old dear has said they'll take a cab and I won't have to get up at SG o'clock. When I've dropped my sister of before and she's offered to pay the charge i declined as if I did it at least I would know it had been done, she's rather flaky in that respect.

It was bad enough for this 'doesn't do mornings very well' person to get up at 5:30 having got up before 6am the day before. Luckily it's only 30 minutes each way to and from my place in the Panzer.
  • orraloon
    orraloon Posts: 12,696
    My rumble in the eye jungle continues; consultant #4 in today's check pulled the escalation lever. Now have to get my erse up to that there Glesca for a 0900 appointment tomorrow, now likely that they will indeed drain out the gunge 'n' muck 'n' bugs, they don't have the necessary kit down these parts. What a lovely week I'm having.