sunday is another land

'ning

hope for sun sun sun here it comes as there was some unseasonal cloud yesterday, not been normal july/august weather

cafe stroll, pack, bask, pack, airport, lounge, bubbly bubbly flight with bubbly, stagger from baggage reclaim to hilton as can't be bothered to get driven back tonight
my bike - faster than god's and twice as shiny

Comments

• pinno
    pinno Posts: 51,374
    Ça plan pour toi SG.

A bit of sun although a bit hazy and quite mild.
    Have delayed pedal to watch the girls play footy which will give me the opportunity to stuff my face fuel up for a decent jolly.

seanoconn - gruagach craic!
  • beansnikpoh
    beansnikpoh Posts: 1,533
    Beach with dog. Lunch with Mrs B³, drive back to London.
  • Stevo_666
    Stevo_666 Posts: 58,573
    edited August 2023
    Another good lie in. Will watch the women's football final in a bit then go for a ride with a mate, got a 60k loop planned.
    "I spent most of my money on birds, booze and fast cars: the rest of it I just squandered." [George Best]
  • tlw1
    tlw1 Posts: 21,874
    Chilled start in the van and then back to run with the hounds.

Tidied van and now watching the football before a family meal out to celebrate eldest exams
  • webboo
    webboo Posts: 6,087
    Afternoon
    Nice and sunny but windy yet again. Manned up and went for a ride 80 plus miles and a few hills to prepare for next weeks holiday. Might need a nap now.
  • tlw1
    tlw1 Posts: 21,874

Well it is still the weekend
  • orraloon
    orraloon Posts: 12,696
    I'll join you in one (or more 🤔) of those tlw.

Para mi, a do nothing but wince and apply meds weekend, another set of injections this afternoon, back in tomorrow morning to get checked for signs of improvement 🤞
  • sungod
    sungod Posts: 16,559
    airport is heaving, but tabby-tuned situational awareness and agility enabled me to get from the back of the generic check-in queue to first in the business check-in as soon as the display updated, bought a baguette in case on-board is horrible, nice seat in the lounge, which is umpteen degrees cooler than departures

first bubbly sipped, plate loaded up with ropa vieja, tortilla slice, and a chorizo and queso crusty roll, nom
  • veronese68
    veronese68 Posts: 27,336
    Evening folks,
    Traditional slow start followed by getting ears lowered and much pottering. Now relaxing and thinking about a cold drink.
    At least the weather is a little more suitable for SG even if not fully scorchio.
  • sungod

Evening folks,
    Traditional slow start followed by getting ears lowered and much pottering. Now relaxing and thinking about a cold drink.
    At least the weather is a little more suitable for SG even if not fully scorchio.

i've been keeping an eye on the met office site, might fit a bask in tomorrow, purey medicinal, to stave off withdrawal symptoms, before cold turkey time
  • sungod
    tlw1 said:

Well it is still the weekend

don't fall into the trap of arbitrary boundaries

lily bollinger showed us the way...

i drink champagne when i’m happy and when i’m sad. sometimes i drink it when i’m alone. when i have company i consider it obligatory. i trifle with it if i’m not hungry and drink it when i am. otherwise, i never touch it―unless i’m thirsty
  • Stevo_666
    Stevo_666 Posts: 58,573
    Resting my legs now and contemplating some cold fermented apple juice as a recovery drink.
    "I spent most of my money on birds, booze and fast cars: the rest of it I just squandered." [George Best]
  • sungod
    trying to resist scoffing yet another pastry

just checked on expertflyer, looks like ba's ts algorithm has kept the empty seat next me blocked, 21 year old plane, g-gatr, no row 1 on starboard side, so don't think there's a bulkhead in front of me, which means bags of sprawling room with whole of row 1 to myself, huzzah!

as mrs s is back with the pussycats, i shall be watching vintage 2010 tdf mountain stages on the return as i sink into a bubbly induced state of satori, though i may switch to the henry rollins ruts benefit gig for paul fox later on
  • orraloon
    orraloon Posts: 12,696
    First glimmer (?) of poss positivity. Consultant just called me. Views from high heid yins aka the professors is that the escalation to full eyeball gel content inc the wee invasive barstewards extraction (under GA I'd hope) and replacement with antifungal shower gel or whatevs may not be necessary. Here's hoping 🤞

Been a torrid couple of days. Next check is tomorrow morning.

Anyone with queasy feelings is allowed to ignore me 😉
  • veronese68
    veronese68 Posts: 27,336
    Eyes, extraction? That doesn't sound ideal. Hope tomorrow's check is ok 'loon
  • sungod
    orraloon said:

First glimmer (?) of poss positivity. Consultant just called me. Views from high heid yins aka the professors is that the escalation to full eyeball gel content inc the wee invasive barstewards extraction (under GA I'd hope) and replacement with antifungal shower gel or whatevs may not be necessary. Here's hoping 🤞

hope it goes well

I had a scare a few years ago that turned out to be due to the jelly liquifying, seems it's yet another old age surprise
  • pinno
    orraloon said:

Good luck fella.
    At least under a GA, you won't feel or see a thing.
  • pinno
    Sacked watching the footie as the road was calling. Probably a good thing too.
    Came back mangled. Might have been the stiff wind and hills but methinks I have a low lying bug.