friday wake! for the sun, who scatter'd into flight the stars before him from the field of night

'ning

sunny, scorchio

ride cafes bask
my bike - faster than god's and twice as shiny

Comments

• tlw1
    tlw1 Posts: 21,875
    Run, work and then pub

A shit sandwich of a triathlon
  • Moaning,

Cloudy warmish, don’t expect rain...

Last day of WFW today, it’s Friday so the chippy will require a visit at dinnertime. Ride out tonight for a change and have mucho beers
  • sungod
    sungod Posts: 16,561
    stopped at yaiza for coffee, already 29c :D
  • Stevo_666
    Stevo_666 Posts: 58,584
    Off up to town shortly to watch Kent v Surrey at The Oval. It's also a good excuse to drink beer with a couple of old uni mates. Curry will be consumed afterwards at place we used to go years ago. Forecast says warm and dry so should be a good day B)
    "I spent most of my money on birds, booze and fast cars: the rest of it I just squandered." [George Best]
  • pinno
    pinno Posts: 51,378
    edited August 2023
    Actual real sun in the sky.
    Stuff to do then pedal.
    Then stuff to do after pedal.

Sh!t duathlon club sandwich on meter repeat..
    seanoconn - gruagach craic!
  • veronese68
    veronese68 Posts: 27,337
    Morning folks,
    WFH today so a little quieter than the rest of the week has been. Just dropped the EPO off at the hospital for a CT scan on her ticker. Will have to go back and collect her in an hour or so. Much nonsense to deal with, thankfully big boss is heading back to the US tomorrow so that eliminates one source of stupid questions, or at least turns the sound down on that one.
    Lad's made it to Mexico, I'm sure they'll have a great time. I hadn't realised Quintana Roo is a place in Mexico until now. Guessed those weird triathlon bikes were Australian or something. My ignorance knows no bounds.
    Saw some idiot riding on the path in Richmond Park last night on a gravel bikes with those weird sprung forks that cost more than my bike. Locked up as he was approaching a group of walkers scaring the bejeesus out of them. rime example of the sort of tool that puts me off riding in the park.
    Pub later with the EPO, hopefully siting outside in the sun as it does seem rather nice out. Plenty of time for that to change of course.
  • sungod
    sungod Posts: 16,561
    reminded me of a hazy dawn over the hills of vietnam, but grey instead of green

¡ay caramba! no wind, that can only mean

here comes the calima, muy scorchio

• webboo
    webboo Posts: 6,087
    Evening
    The sun came out and it was hot but it was windy ever so windy. Did 68 miles but was rather fu(ked afterwards so needed a bit of nanna nap. Had to go out to buy some alcohol recovery drinks as when Mrs W went in to town earlier she conveniently forgot to take any money.
  • orraloon
    orraloon Posts: 12,698
    Couple of start line pics from this morning. These people are seriously hardcore. 👍

• Stevo_666
    Stevo_666 Posts: 58,584
    edited August 2023
    Not a bad day at the cricket. Kent won, a fair bit of cider was consumed and a lot of bollox talked. We were up in the Gods so had a good view and plenty of sunshine.

"I spent most of my money on birds, booze and fast cars: the rest of it I just squandered." [George Best]
  • beansnikpoh
    beansnikpoh Posts: 1,533
    sungod said:

¡ay caramba! no wind, that can only mean

here comes the calima, muy scorchio

That second pic is a rarity.
  • beansnikpoh
    beansnikpoh Posts: 1,533
    edited August 2023
    Eaten bits of fish. Cold and smoked at lunch, hot and battered at dinner. Bit of a dog walk, then pub with the neighbours.
  • pinno
    pinno Posts: 51,378

sungod said:

That second pic looks like an Island off Hawaii.
    FTFY
    seanoconn - gruagach craic!