wednesday as the tabby purrs

'ning

sunnysunny

ride around, cafes, shopping, bask
my bike - faster than god's and twice as shiny

Comments

• tlw1
    tlw1 Posts: 21,875
    Run with hounds and now hybrid commute (potentially with a missing member).
  • thistle_
    thistle_ Posts: 7,155
    tlw1 said:

You should be more careful where you leave your member.
  • pinno
    pinno Posts: 51,378
    Put that one in the photography thread.
    seanoconn - gruagach craic!
  • pinno
    Forecast is wrong so far. Meh.
  • Stevo_666
    Stevo_666 Posts: 58,584
    Yay, it's sunny here and will be over 20C later for a change. And the hosepipe ban has just been lifted, presumably as the reservoirs are now overflowing. This will save Mrs. 666 from wandering around the garden weighed down with watering cans so should improve her mood no end.
    "I spent most of my money on birds, booze and fast cars: the rest of it I just squandered." [George Best]
  • Stevo_666
    tlw1 said:

I hope the surgeons can reattach it.
    "I spent most of my money on birds, booze and fast cars: the rest of it I just squandered." [George Best]
  • tlw1
    tlw1 Posts: 21,875
    thistle_ said:

tlw1 said:

I found the member in a car park
  • Wheelspinner
    Wheelspinner Posts: 6,564
    Man Vs Agapanthus, Series 3, Ep 27. Much spade work later, there's a few more clumps out on the pile to dry out and burn.

I saw the garden centre actually has this weed on sale. What cretin would pay money for it??

At least it was a day off driving duty. Back on that tomorrow...
    Open One+ BMC TE29 Seven 622SL On One Scandal Cervelo RS
  • veronese68
    veronese68 Posts: 27,337
    Afternoon folks,
    Should have been quite a pleasant wobble into the office with a strange light in the sky, too many idiots about though. Unsurprisingly the number of idiots didn't decrease when I got to work.
    Just walked down to Sainsbury's to get some scoff. Noticed an old boy walking with a stick, said hello and asked if he was ok as I passed. On the return leg he hadn't got much further and was leaning against a fence. I stopped, as did a woman pushing a pram. He insisted he'd be fine and was just taking a break. We thought we'd best wait with him, caught him before he fell and sat him gently on the ground. Called an ambulance and the woman went into the care home right next to where we were to get a chair. I stayed with him for a while but after a few from the care home said they'd keep an eye on him I left. The bloke was 95 and had walked over 2.5 miles to go and help his sister with something.
    As the thread title has confirmed it is indeed Wednesday I will be going to a local hostelry later.
    tlw1 said:

thistle_ said:

tlw1 said:

Did you have it surgically re-attached?
  • webboo
    webboo Posts: 6,087
    Afternoon
    Morning session on the board followed by bike ride with grandson. I’m having to twist his arm a bit to get him away from the play station. Once he’s doing stuff he’s fine but did say he’d be happy to play on the thing all day. However if I let him use it for too long I get a b0llocking from granny.☹️
  • webboo
    webboo Posts: 6,087
    Taking of tabby’s. I’m getting eyeballed by these 2 who are of the opinion it’s 4:00 pm feeding time.
  • beansnikpoh
    beansnikpoh Posts: 1,533
    thistle_ said:

Seeing as it's so quiet today, here's a photo from yesterday's shenanigans.

Ooh, you have horses too. Where is your horse?
  • beansnikpoh

Afternoon folks,
    Should have been quite a pleasant wobble into the office with a strange light in the sky, too many idiots about though. Unsurprisingly the number of idiots didn't decrease when I got to work.
    Just walked down to Sainsbury's to get some scoff. Noticed an old boy walking with a stick, said hello and asked if he was ok as I passed. On the return leg he hadn't got much further and was leaning against a fence. I stopped, as did a woman pushing a pram. He insisted he'd be fine and was just taking a break. We thought we'd best wait with him, caught him before he fell and sat him gently on the ground. Called an ambulance and the woman went into the care home right next to where we were to get a chair. I stayed with him for a while but after a few from the care home said they'd keep an eye on him I left. The bloke was 95 and had walked over 2.5 miles to go and help his sister with something.
    As the thread title has confirmed it is indeed Wednesday I will be going to a local hostelry later.

tlw1 said:

thistle_ said:

tlw1 said:

Hope the old buffer is OK.

I've run an errand for Mrs B³, and the pub looked too inviting not to sit outside it and have a swift pint in the sun.

Haircut tomorrow, while wfh, then train down there again for the weekend.
  • veronese68

Afternoon folks,

tlw1 said:

thistle_ said:

tlw1 said:

I've run an errand for Mrs B³, and the pub looked too inviting not to sit outside it and have a swift pint in the sun.

Think he'll be ok, he was a little confused. Hardly surprising having walked all that way with a jumper and coat on in the sunshine. I know it's not properly hot, but enough to tire an old boy like that.
    Which pub is that? Don't recognise it.
  • photonic69
    photonic69 Posts: 2,426
    edited August 2023
    G'day, cobbers. Bootiful day here. Just perfick for our 26th wedding anniversary! So the wife and I went kayaking on the river and had champagne and chocolates. It was great. Never done that before. Nice.

Sometimes. Maybe. Possibly.

• beansnikpoh

Afternoon folks,

tlw1 said:

thistle_ said:

tlw1 said:

Think he'll be ok, he was a little confused. Hardly surprising having walked all that way with a jumper and coat on in the sunshine. I know it's not properly hot, but enough to tire an old boy like that.
    The Swan on the Ridgeway. Though it's named after the pond now.
  • thistle_
    edited August 2023

Yma: https://goo.gl/maps/XbYvEjM6z3JpcbVL7
  • orraloon
    orraloon Posts: 12,698
    On the start / finish zone for day 1 of the para TT. Impressive ability from guys 'n' gals. How do you do that?

Lots of chats with peeps various. from local Doonhamers to err, lets engage google translate.

And bonus i-spy: got lift back home from team member staying at his m-i-l's further west, we pull out onto road giving enough time for rider a-coming... further down road at the lights it's oh hello, it's Dame Sarah S. Hi ya.
  • seanoconn
    seanoconn Posts: 11,430

Afternoon folks,

tlw1 said:

thistle_ said:

tlw1 said:

Drive past that every time I take the car to work.

We’re in direct competition tonight @beansnikpoh, Cov currently 1 up against Wimbledon.
    Pinno, מלך אידיוט וחרא מכונאי
  • veronese68

Afternoon folks,

tlw1 said:

thistle_ said:

tlw1 said:

Looks very different to back in the day. I once was met by about 30 rozzers as I opened the door to walk out. They looked as surprised as I was. The one at the front asked if I had any drugs, when I said no he replied "alright, phuck off quick then"
    So I did.
  • Stevo_666
    edited August 2023

G'day, cobbers. Bootiful day here. Just perfick for our 26th wedding anniversary! So the wife and I went kayaking on the river and had champagne and chocolates. It was great. Never done that before. Nice.

That reminds me, I'd better not forget our next wedding anniversary as its our 25th. Christ that males me feel old. They say that marriage is a bit like a game of cards - it starts with Hearts and Diamonds, and ends with Clubs and Spades :)

Anyhow, managed a good little pedal after work this evening, tried a new climb up the North Downs Ridge.
  • pinno
    thistle_ said:

Yeah, great.

• thistle_
    pinno said:

Yeah, great.

This one any better?
    https://r.mtdv.me/thistle
  • beansnikpoh
    thistle_ said:

pinno said:

Yeah, great.

This one any better?
    I just got Rick rolled.
  • beansnikpoh
    thistle_ said:

Deepest darkest snowdonia. Lush. Are you on hols thistle?
  • Stevo_666
    thistle_ said:

pinno said:

Yeah, great.

This one any better?
    Been a while since anyone did that...
  • beansnikpoh
    seanoconn said:

Afternoon folks,

tlw1 said:

thistle_ said:

tlw1 said:

Drive past that every time I take the car to work.

We’re in direct competition tonight @beansnikpoh, Cov currently 1 up against Wimbledon.
    Looks like Wimbledon won with a couple of late goals.

I've lived in Wimbledon since 1999, which is longer than I ever lived in Cov. I can't see me switching allegiance though.
  • thistle_

thistle_ said:

Deepest darkest snowdonia. Lush. Are you on hols thistle?
    Nah just had a day off so popped out down the road.