friday leaning out of the door with an m60

'ning

cooler but dry

ride cafes wfh/kfh bubbly
my bike - faster than god's and twice as shiny

Comments

• tlw1
    tlw1 Posts: 21,889
    Wet out there which isn’t ideal, wanted a hot race as I suffer less than most with the heat

Check back pack, drop bags and then load the van and sometime after lunch head to Welsh wales.

Might take the rugrats out for lunch first as it’s our anniversary
  • pinno
    pinno Posts: 51,466
    Morning buccaneers

Soggy. Meh. Going to the bistro in the other sticks.
    (regular one is shut just just for this week)

Cows in the field. Double meh.
    No walk for Beansy and me.

Sorry about your uncle V. Must be hard on your Mum but; a very good innings indeed and still riding a bike to the end.
    seanoconn - gruagach craic!
  • veronese68
    veronese68 Posts: 27,368
    Morning folks,
    Day of packing and waiting for updates on arrival of the old dear and date of funeral. They normally do them pretty quickly over here, but I may have to extend my stay in Verona by a couple of days.
    Storms predicted for this afternoon which will make leaving easier.
    Happy anniversary TLW, it's ours tomorrow but I don't think we'll be celebrating this one.
  • beansnikpoh
    beansnikpoh Posts: 1,533
    Wfh today. Then preparing for a dads and daughters camp on Saturday. Me not really being a social animal, this will be a pain in my @rse, but mini really wanted to go.
  • homers_double
    homers_double Posts: 8,050
    Morning internet friends, another day of being alone in the office but an early finish at 2 beckons followed by a quick shopping trip afterwards.
    Rent-a-dog walk later to calm the little fecker down after she attacked the Amazon man yesterday. It's all on Ring so quite amusing watching a grown man dance around and run away from a miniature Dachshund.

Obviously I haven't downloaded the clip and sent it to everyone :D
    Advocate of disc brakes.
  • pinno
    We want the clip.
  • orraloon
    orraloon Posts: 12,742
    Did the Amazon bloke drop the package? Might explain my dropitis today, though don't have a pooch... insert scratch chin emoji which is difficult to find on a Windows laptop keyboard. Things multiple have obeyed gravity, despite the theories of the like of banned man manc33 and the like.

Mizzling wet. Last day of June. Is that summer done then?

Roofers team working away on tiling, they'll get well damp.

Carry on with the admin...
  • homers_double
    I can't upload a clip like an image and don't use photobucket etc anymore.
    Advocate of disc brakes.
  • orraloon
    orraloon Posts: 12,742
    After multiple missed calls this week, leave phone inside go outside, got an assessor coming Monday to do the independent review of The Project for PVs, battery, insulation (upgrades required), gas boiler, air / hybrid heat source et al. Cool. Will be good to get some actual numbers to work over.
  • Stevo_666
    Stevo_666 Posts: 58,756
    Busy day for a Friday, though part of it was headed out to procure a new watch strap from someone after the stealer asked for an obscene amount of money. Now on the downslope towards the weekend, cider and bike rides.
    "I spent most of my money on birds, booze and fast cars: the rest of it I just squandered." [George Best]
  • webboo
    webboo Posts: 6,087
    Afternoon
    Slug patrol only bagged 76 this morning, maybe the threat of being sent to Rwanda is working.
    Session on board done with a struggle. Not sure what do next as the weather is a bit iffy for doing outside things.
  • pinno
    Rwanda?! Send them to:

Conservative party headquarters
    4 Matthew Parker Street
    London
    SW1H 9HQ
  • homers_double
    Finished for the day and what happens? The heavens open.
    Advocate of disc brakes.
  • photonic69
    photonic69 Posts: 2,468

Finished for the day and what happens? The heavens open.

Should have checks @Pross 's super reliable weather forecasts then!
    Pross said:

How the online weather predictions (modeling) from the MET and BBC (whoever they use now) is generally different. I look at both in the hope that when they both match there's a little more certainty.

I call them "weather lies". For all the billions of pounds they spend on satellites, computer modelling and AI they might as well get a bag of weird shaped bones and stones and chuck them onto the floor covered in goat's skin and take a wild guess.
    They're right far more often than they're wrong. The ability to get temperatures correct within a degree or two most of the time is quite impressive. Predicting the location and severity of showers is obviously particularly challenging but the forecasters make a point of saying that these days.

Sometimes. Maybe. Possibly.

• webboo
    pinno said:

Rwanda?! Send them to:

4 Matthew Parker Street
    London
    SW1H 9HQ

With the cat pooh or not.
  • veronese68
    veronese68 Posts: 27,368
    With, just adds to the pile of excrement that's already there
    Car is loaded, apart from what we need for tonight. Out for dinner tonight. Head north in the morning.
    Funeral on Tuesday, that's a pain in the butt. EPO not happy driving all the way back, so I'm driving them as far as Charleroi, near Brussels, then flying back to Verona and back to the UK on Wednesday. Not the end to the holiday I'd planned.
  • sungod
    sungod Posts: 16,599
    hope all goes ok v, had similar a few years ago
    my bike - faster than god's and twice as shiny
  • pinno
    webboo said:

pinno said:

Rwanda?! Send them to:

4 Matthew Parker Street
    London
    SW1H 9HQ

Is that a silly question?
  • webboo
    pinno said:

webboo said:

pinno said:

Rwanda?! Send them to:

4 Matthew Parker Street
    London
    SW1H 9HQ

Is that a silly question?
    Given one can be arrested for innocent protests. I was wondering whether slugs sent through post would be classed a protest but combined with cat Pooh does that come under terrorism.