tuesday when the smack begins to flow

'ning

soggy start

cafe stroll wfh laze bubbly
my bike - faster than god's and twice as shiny

Comments

• tlw1
    tlw1 Posts: 21,888
    Yep soggy here too, so no hybrid commute.

Thankfully I got out on my bike for a gentle spin with a pal last night and then a very gentle run.

Hopefully time for a gentle run later
  • pinno
    pinno Posts: 51,463
    Morning Picaroons

Dull and meh.
    Much to and fro and MOT today (a real MOT on an actual car) not some check up at a poncey Harley street outlet in a Saville Row outfit.

May pedal if the grey stuff doesn't yield.
    seanoconn - gruagach craic!
  • Stevo_666
    Stevo_666 Posts: 58,747
    Proper torrential downpour with all the light and sound effects this morning, now passed. Just as well, given I had to get to the cave to do some work. Fencing bloke round later to finish off from last week, otherwise not much to report in deepest darkest Kent.
    "I spent most of my money on birds, booze and fast cars: the rest of it I just squandered." [George Best]
  • veronese68
    veronese68 Posts: 27,367
    Morning folks,
    Bright and sunny here, might go to the bar for coffee soon as we have to pick up a few supplies. Mainly of the liquid variety.
    Other than that, much lounging
  • homers_double
    homers_double Posts: 8,049
    Busy week continues... Managed to palm off a site visit so I can order a ten tonne coil of steel and the multiple extras that goes alongside.
    Need to search out a minion as well.
    No riding on the cards today and most definitely no running.
    Advocate of disc brakes.
  • sungod
    sungod Posts: 16,595
    monsoon ended just in time for cafe stroll

almost new tub cruelly torn open on a chunk of glass, grrr, at least the wheel wasn't damaged, it's getting hard to find replacements in the uk, may have to ask a euro chum to smuggle some in for me, or take a trip and bring back a case full

on the plus side, i noticed jlc upped my watch 2k since last month, timed that right

feels like almost time for another stroll
    my bike - faster than god's and twice as shiny
  • webboo
    webboo Posts: 6,087
    Afternoon
    It seems this rain has caused the slugs to appear. I’ve picked over 300 off the lawn in the last 2 days which has caused my lower back to complain. Took the dogs out before it persisted down as I don’t think daughter dearest would be too chuffed to be handed back 2 grubby hounds. Just started flashing and banging here, chances there will be a power cut soon. Good job I wasn’t planning to ride today.
  • orraloon
    orraloon Posts: 12,740
    Hot sun back after a grey morning, with a wee drop or 2 of the wet stuff. No flash bangs at all, though tomorrow may be different.

First early potatoes lifted, thought I'd take a sample and given the drought conditions this past month they're looking good, baby sized so spot on for earlies.

Roofers cracking on, front elevation pretty much all retiled now bar the small cross-gable section, pleased with progress.
  • pinno
    pinno Posts: 51,463
    webboo said:

Afternoon
    It seems this rain has caused the slugs to appear. I’ve picked over 300 off the lawn in the last 2 days which has caused my lower back to complain. Took the dogs out before it persisted down as I don’t think daughter dearest would be too chuffed to be handed back 2 grubby hounds. Just started flashing and banging here, chances there will be a power cut soon. Good job I wasn’t planning to ride today.

Slug pellets?
    seanoconn - gruagach craic!
  • webboo
    webboo Posts: 6,087
    pinno said:

webboo said:

Afternoon

Slug pellets?
    Slug pellets end up in the water table which is not a good thing I believe. Also they encourage slugs from other gardens to come in to yours to eat them . Then there’s the birds eating the poisoned slugs.
    Also if you do the beer trap that also encourages slugs from the next village/ town to move to your garden.
  • beansnikpoh
    beansnikpoh Posts: 1,533
    New office has good air con, 5 mins from borough market, subsidised food, great views of the City, Tower of London, Tower Bridge, secure bike parking, showers, but nowhere to store clothes or bike kit.
  • veronese68
    veronese68 Posts: 27,367
    Hang smelly kit in the office, they’ll soon sort something
  • Wheelspinner
    Wheelspinner Posts: 6,571

Hang smelly kit in the office, they’ll soon sort something

Or just stay wearing the cycle gear instead of getting changed.
    Open One+ BMC TE29 Seven 622SL On One Scandal Cervelo RS
  • Stevo_666
    Stevo_666 Posts: 58,747

New office has good air con, 5 mins from borough market, subsidised food, great views of the City, Tower of London, Tower Bridge, secure bike parking, showers, but nowhere to store clothes or bike kit.

Sounds a bit short sighted of them - what's the plan now?
    "I spent most of my money on birds, booze and fast cars: the rest of it I just squandered." [George Best]
  • beansnikpoh
    beansnikpoh Posts: 1,533
    Drape it over the bike I think. I'm sure I can find somewhere to keep a pair of shoes and trousers, so I won't have to lug them in every day.