Zwift Play-save your time and cash

Eagerly, I purchased this add on to my set up. The concept looks very good but after four uses it cannot hold a secure connection to Zwift. It must have dropped a signal forty times now. I've followed the recommendations to turn off other BLE devices to mitigate interference, checked Companion for updates but to no avail. I have read a review that reports similarly in the bike 'press' and unless things improve quickly, it's going back.

You may find yours works perfectly well but just a heads up.

Thanks

Comments

• N0bodyOfTheGoat
    N0bodyOfTheGoat Posts: 5,851
    Does the Zwift Play use one Bluettoth connection per road bike hoods controller, or one connection in total?

Umming and arrghing on this, I use Zwift a fair bit, but spending £99 on a device that will only ever work on Zwift or other turbo apps decide not to support, is making me wary.

Given I still have my ~14 month old Saris H3 still set up for my 3x9 hybrid, I either need to switch setup to my 2x11 road bike, or get a pair of "bar end drop bars" for my hybrid... Think of the amazing aero gains when I take the drop bar equipped hybrid outside, pootling along at 12mph! :o:D
    ================
    2020 Voodoo Marasa
    2017 Cube Attain GTC Pro Disc 2016
    2016 Voodoo Wazoo
  • kbmack
    kbmack Posts: 73
    'Zwift Play wirelessly connects to the Zwift App via Bluetooth. Zwift Play requires two Bluetooth connections, one per controller. Compatible with drop handlebars only'. From Zwift.