bit cooler, but should be dry

ride up and down cafes laze bubbly
my bike - faster than god's and twice as shiny

Comments

• Charlie_Croker
    Charlie_Croker Posts: 1,696
    Moaning,

Bright and blue

Got hangover of sorts from rugby Saturday, going down to the boat today after a cuppa to carry on with required repairs, cider in clubhouse later
  • Stevo_666
    Stevo_666 Posts: 58,164
    Chill this morning while Mrs. 666 is out and about, then a ride around the lanes with a mate this afternoon. Bike has been washed and checked. Good timing for the ride, as today looks like the last dry day for a week or so.
    "I spent most of my money on birds, booze and fast cars: the rest of it I just squandered." [George Best]
  • homers_double
    homers_double Posts: 7,977
    Currently stood on corner looking like a high class hooker in a high viz.
    marshalling for our clubs local 5k road race.
    Free bacon butty after so all good
    Advocate of disc brakes.
  • pinno
    pinno Posts: 51,195
    oxoman said:

Morning all. Usual mothers day stuff going on whilst I panic trying to stop central heating system blowing up. Woke to slight leak on radiator and spotted pressure gauge for them on boiler was off the scale. 🤔 somethings passing pressure through. Can I get my plumber can I fuxx. So no heating at moment although I've released the pressure. May just get a run or ride but will see. Was sunny out but gone grey like my temper. Arghhh

Silly question; have you bled the system recently?
    seanoconn - gruagach craic!
  • pinno
    Wash taxi
    Drive taxi
    Go mini shop
    Drive taxi.

Those Italians are annoying for their Saturday monuments. They should all be on a Sunday. Then I would have something to look forward to instead of highlights.
  • beansnikpoh
    beansnikpoh Posts: 1,520
    Lying by the pool, admiring my tan/burn lines.
  • webboo
    webboo Posts: 6,087
    pinno said:

Wash taxi
    Drive taxi
    Go mini shop
    Drive taxi.

Those Italians are annoying for their Saturday monuments. They should all be on a Sunday. Then I would have something to look forward to instead of highlights.

There’s been a womens race in Italy today, well it’s on Eurosport this afternoon and there’s a French race as well.
  • webboo
    webboo Posts: 6,087
    Afternoon.
    Bike ridden again today, managed 50 miles felt reasonably good despite experimenting with dead lifts yesterday. Tomorrow might be another story as this afternoons post ride dog walk was a bit slow.
  • Stevo_666
    Managed 37.9k and 687m of climbing this afternoon, not bad for a couple of old crocks. Now chilling with a cup of tea and 2 sleepy hounds while Mrs. 666 potters in her potting shed.
    "I spent most of my money on birds, booze and fast cars: the rest of it I just squandered." [George Best]
  • veronese68
    veronese68 Posts: 27,252
    Afternoon folks,
    Traditional slow start was enjoyed. Went to the old dear's to wish her a happy mother's day and do some stuff. Sorted a few bits out then sat her down to go over her finances. She's been avoiding the subject since selling the house. Think we got somewhere, she has a remarkable talent for spending money. Some family members being subsidised rather heavily. Not my place to say anything, but very difficult when I see them with a new car or phone.
    Didn't manage to ride a bike at all.
    Think I might have a beer tonight.
  • orraloon
    orraloon Posts: 12,608
    PoA's in place V68? Situations can develop into bad ones. When my old man was on the decline, my brother and I managed his finances remotely, but with open visibility to each other so no dodgies. Not that either of us fall into the dodgy category. We never in fact activated the PoA's as that means a total PITA with bank acct procedures, we just kept his online accesses working.

A gardening day today, is spring a-comin'?
  • veronese68
    veronese68 Posts: 27,252
    orraloon said:

PoA's in place V68? Situations can develop into bad ones.

Not yet, but have said they need to be done. Will probably manage finances as you did, but may need the medical one as history of dementia in her family.
    Her brother rang whilst we were there and he was saying they don't have any cousins left after losing two in the last couple of weeks. It's quite odd, mum has no cousins left but still has both her brother and sister. She's 80 and they are 90 and 88 respectively.
  • homers_double
    homers_double Posts: 7,977
    Mother’s Day dinner at the older child’s house today, currently two san Miguel’s deep. Pretty good for me…
    Advocate of disc brakes.
  • Stevo_666
    edited March 2023

Afternoon folks,
    Traditional slow start was enjoyed. Went to the old dear's to wish her a happy mother's day and do some stuff. Sorted a few bits out then sat her down to go over her finances. She's been avoiding the subject since selling the house. Think we got somewhere, she has a remarkable talent for spending money. Some family members being subsidised rather heavily. Not my place to say anything, but very difficult when I see them with a new car or phone.

Not that surprising tbh. I've heard quite a few stories about bickering, sneakiness and greed amongst family members when it comes to elderly relatives, money and inheritances.

It was quite handy being an only child as I could only argue with myself about that sort of stuff.
  • orraloon
    orraloon Posts: 12,608
    Spring must be a-comin'. Just realised that I've not fired up the woodburner tonight, for the first time since end of September. It's been a well cozy thang.

Now where's me sunglasses? 😎🤔
  • pinno
    oxoman said:

Afternoon folks,

I feel for you V, I had similiar issues whilst looking after my Grans affairs with my cousins. Sadly they did take advantage and it took a POA to get control and sort her out, the hard part was she refused to let me take action against them. Good luck.

Yep. My sister abused her P of A with my father.
    I didn't have a P of A with Mum but I had access to her bank accounts and card etc etc and I kept a record and transparency. No one questioned it.
  • pinno
    webboo said:

pinno said:

Wash taxi
    Drive taxi
    Go mini shop
    Drive taxi.

There’s been a womens race in Italy today, well it’s on Eurosport this afternoon and there’s a French race as well.
    I shall watch tomorrow as I ran out of time because I decided to clean and strip the rear wheel hub and freewheel on the summer bike in anticipation of better weather. If you have ever done a campag hub and freewheel, you would know what a slight faff it is. Made worse by 5 sparkly ceramic bearings going West when Beans jumped on the table which startled me and I dropped a race on to the bearings.
    Then an hour looking for them. I recovered 3 but luckily had spares, Spare ceramic bearings?! Yep, that's another story.
    Bike is sweet; Did a ceramic coat on the paintwork too.
    Ha for all that: forecast rain all week.
    That's 'Loons fault.