Milan San Remo 2023 **Spoilers**

TheBigBean
TheBigBean Posts: 20,589
Shamelessly stolen from PTP thread

It's time for La Primavera - the longest race of the season. Though this year it starts just outside Milan in Abbiategrasso.

Profile and Route below

Startlist

Previous winners
2022 MOHORIČ Matej
2021 STUYVEN Jasper
2020 VAN AERT Wout
2019 ALAPHILIPPE Julian
2018 NIBALI Vincenzo
2017 KWIATKOWSKI Michał
2016 DÉMARE Arnaud
2015 DEGENKOLB John
2014 KRISTOFF Alexander
2013 CIOLEK Gerald

Comments

• rick_chasey
    rick_chasey Posts: 72,608
    Was it that long ago Ciolek won?!
  • andyrac
    andyrac Posts: 1,131
    The snowy 'gabba' version, with a short trip on the bus........
    All Road/ Gravel: tbcWinter: tbcMTB: tbcRoad: tbc"Look at the time...." "he's fallen like an old lady on a cruise ship..."
  • Right, who’s in for the whole thing? :smiley:
  • Mild entertainment with a joke breakaway there.
  • tailwindhome
    tailwindhome Posts: 18,932
    Nothing would make me happier today than a Sagan win.

“New York has the haircuts, London has the trousers, but Belfast has the reason!
  • mididoctors
    mididoctors Posts: 16,804
    Only 200k to go
    "If I was a 38 year old man, I definitely wouldn't be riding a bright yellow bike with Hello Kitty disc wheels, put it that way. What we're witnessing here is the world's most high profile mid-life crisis" Afx237vi Mon Jul 20, 2009 2:43 pm
  • rick_chasey
    Anyone know which way the wind is blowing?
  • rick_chasey
    Also obviously the annual advertisement for longer stages.
  • mididoctors
    Jumbo making it tiring . Break getting reeled in well early .
    "If I was a 38 year old man, I definitely wouldn't be riding a bright yellow bike with Hello Kitty disc wheels, put it that way. What we're witnessing here is the world's most high profile mid-life crisis" Afx237vi Mon Jul 20, 2009 2:43 pm
  • mididoctors

Anyone know which way the wind is blowing?

Tail wind on the coast 18kmh gusting to low 30'skmh
  • TheBigBean

Nothing would make me happier today than a Sagan win.

It feels about as likely as a Cavendish win.
  • SOMETHING JUST HAPPENED
  • SOMETHING JUST HAPPENED

A rider changed gear?
    ================
    2020 Voodoo Marasa
    2017 Cube Attain GTC Pro Disc 2016
    2016 Voodoo Wazoo
  • 43km to go. Breakaway with just 1 min.
  • mididoctors
    Jumbo look chill as fffk
  • mididoctors
    Cav off the back
  • Starting to spit riders out the back. Race is on.
  • No_Ta_Doctor
    No_Ta_Doctor Posts: 13,309

Cav off the back

I remember when we used to pay attention to how he was going on the Turchino...
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format
  • mididoctors

Cav off the back

I remember when we used to pay attention to how he was going on the Turchino...
    He could still come good for July . Struggling with illness they say
  • TheBigBean
    Watching on TV, come back from break with at least four riders on the ground
  • mididoctors
    Oufff crash!
  • mididoctors
    DSM and Bora ... Bennet
  • rick_chasey
    McEwen saying it’s a heavy tailwind on the Poggio
  • Bennett crashes.
  • mididoctors
    Tratnik on the deck
  • rick_chasey

Bennett crashes.

Tratnik
  • mididoctors
    It's fast
  • Here we go part 1
  • mididoctors
    Ineos trying to hold the pace