friday keeping cover in denuded scrub

'ning

mild with soggy

ride, cafe, wfh, early bail, bubbly
my bike - faster than god's and twice as shiny

Comments

• beansnikpoh
    beansnikpoh Posts: 1,520
    Trying to climb the volcano today. Will be a long day in the saddle.
  • pinno
    pinno Posts: 51,195
    Morning raggle taggle ruminants

Soggy. That's all I can say.
    Sod it, may pedal anyhoo.
    seanoconn - gruagach craic!
  • pinno

I hope this isn't going to simply be some functional jaunt bereft of poetic prose and conversations with the tabby.
    If it is, you may as well have stayed at home and Herne hillerested in a pair of quilted overalls. and woolly hat.
  • tlw1
    tlw1 Posts: 21,831
    Waved goodbye to the wife who is off to London village for the start of her birthday celebrations (it’s on the 27th ffs).

Work snizzle, maybe a quick run, then gym or swim with youngest and dinner out whilst eldest is having a party here.

Later is the pub with pals to avoid drunk 18yr olds, early ish finish as off to Cody y brenin tomorrow pacing some friends on the half marathon route
  • veronese68
    veronese68 Posts: 27,249
    Morning folks,
    Morning of WFH but not really feeling it, off to a neighbour's funeral this afternoon. Lived over the road from the old boy for 27 years, that's half my life!
    Enjoy the ride B³.
    Roll on the weekend
  • Stevo_666
    Stevo_666 Posts: 58,157

I forgot, are you in Tenerife or Lanzagrote?
    "I spent most of my money on birds, booze and fast cars: the rest of it I just squandered." [George Best]
  • Stevo_666
    Working in the house for a bit as I've got my pension advisor coming round later. May venture down to the cave in the afternoon. Work is getting silly busy so I need to do a bit more Teflon desking. At least Mrs. 666 seems happy as her new potting shed turned up the other day. Hopefully when the weather improves she'll be using a lot o:)

Roll on this evening...
    "I spent most of my money on birds, booze and fast cars: the rest of it I just squandered." [George Best]
  • tlw1
    tlw1 Posts: 21,831
    Stevo_666 said:

Alsager
  • beansnikpoh
    Stevo_666 said:

Tenerife. Change of plan. Masca Valley today. Volcano tomorrow.
  • seanoconn
    seanoconn Posts: 11,318

Stevo_666 said:

Tenerife. Change of plan. Masca Valley today. Volcano tomorrow.
    Enjoy the smooth tarmac 👍
    Pinno, מלך אידיוט וחרא מכונאי
  • seanoconn
    Happy St Patrick’s day! ☘️☘️☘️
  • pinno
    edited March 2023
    seanoconn said:

Happy St Patrick’s day! ☘️☘️☘️

1/4 qtr of me will justify a Guinness or 2.

The other 3./4 qtrs can join in in an act of inner cosmopolitanism.
  • homers_double
    homers_double Posts: 7,976
    Everyone seems to find a bit of Irish in their family tree today, crock of shi7e if you ask me.
    Managed to drive to work today, first time behind the wheel in three weeks.
    Not much to do later, probably a dip in the hot tub followed by a bag of frozen peas.
    Advocate of disc brakes.
  • seanoconn
    I actually can’t drink Guinness or lager without a drop blackcurrant or raspberry syrup.
  • Stevo_666
    seanoconn said:

I actually can’t drink Guinness or lager without a drop blackcurrant or raspberry syrup.

Is that an Irish cocktail?
  • Munsford0
    Munsford0 Posts: 606
    seanoconn said:

Are you twelve?
  • pinno

Everyone seems to find a bit of Irish in their family tree today, crock of shi7e if you ask me.

My grandfather on my mothers side was Irish.
    My grandfather on my fathers side was Welsh.
    My grandmother on my mothers side was Belgian/French and
    My grandmother on my fathers side was well cockney innit.
  • seanoconn
    Munsford0 said:

seanoconn said:

Are you twelve?
    My taste buds are very young for their age.
  • orraloon
    orraloon Posts: 12,608
    My goodness, the sun broke through and it turned warm, showing 13 vs 3 or whatever it was yesterday. Just had a sit down outside enjoying it; memories of summer. Is it time to ditch the thermals?

A first time visit to the big homestyle bakery's on site shop, didn't know it was there 😳, what one learns. Now well stocked up with treats various. Mmm mmm mmm.

Bike x2 been fettled but think I'll just do a trainer sesh before opening the bar.
  • pinno
    orraloon said:

My goodness, the sun broke through and it turned warm, showing 13 vs 3 or whatever it was yesterday. Just had a sit down outside enjoying it; memories of summer. Is it time to ditch the thermals?

N'er cast a clout till May is out.

9 deg c here and drizzle.
    So I did 2 hours on the rollers.

• webboo
    webboo Posts: 6,087
    Afternoon
    Like a early spring day round here. I had to take my gloves off when out riding today. 45 miles ridden but feel I’ve had a good kicking now. I might have to resort to drugs and alcohol to aid my recovery.
  • pinno
    webboo said:

Afternoon
    Like a early spring day round here. I had to take my gloves off when out riding today. 45 miles ridden but feel I’ve had a good kicking now. I might have to resort to drugs and alcohol to aid my recovery.

That's pretty good for the time since you had your hip op.
    How many weeks is that?
  • webboo
    Just over 7 weeks. However it’s probably 3 or 4 months since I was riding what I call normally. So it going to be a bit of bring to get back to where I was but at least the weather seems be going in the right direction.
    The wife has just asked me if I fancy a drink 🥃
  • pinno
    Drugs and alcohol. You said it.
  • orraloon
    https://youtu.be/BCaPTNhwK-4

Enjoy webboo. 😉

(Hmmm, retry posting after 'held for moderation'. Do I need to be a spambot to post stuff on here?)
  • webboo
    I admired Ian Dury but I was never keen on his music but thanks for the sentiment.
    However the evening is not going to well The missus bought a meal deal from M&S but forgot one of the items so ended paying full price the items. Now she’s put them in the oven the wrong way round I.e. the one that needed 20 mins went in for 40 mins. So it might be beans on toast.
    The wine is fine though.
  • seanoconn
    webboo said:

I admired Ian Dury but I was never keen on his music but thanks for the sentiment.
    However the evening is not going to well The missus bought a meal deal from M&S but forgot one of the items so ended paying full price the items. Now she’s put them in the oven the wrong way round I.e. the one that needed 20 mins went in for 40 mins. So it might be beans on toast.
    The wine is fine though.

Thoughts are with you and your meal deal webbo 😞
  • orraloon
    I could have linked to 'Plaistow Patricia' but hey, gotta be woke innat these days.

Ooh matron, I'm offended. 🤭

I loved 'New Boots and Panties!!'
  • webboo
    Currently I’m into Niteworks ( from the Isle of Skye) and I’ve just across Peat and Diesel from Stornaway.
  • beansnikpoh
    Over 2,500m of climbing. I'm nearly broken. Lovely final descent though, which took away all the pain.