wednesday strolling on the mean free path

'ning

rather nippy

cafe stroll, wfh, do some smiting with great vengeance and furious anger, bubbly
my bike - faster than god's and twice as shiny

Comments

• Charlie_Croker
    Charlie_Croker Posts: 1,696
    Moaning,

Double Brrrr

Frost evident outside and the heating’s not yet come on, breakfast room not open for over an hour, no bike, I’m doomed

Still WAFH so more of the same to look forward to haha

• tlw1
    tlw1 Posts: 21,831
    Nice but cold walk this morning

Not got any meetings booked in today, sure that will change

Run later, though a bit tired
  • Stevo_666
    Stevo_666 Posts: 58,166
    Ears still ringing a bit after last night, but all's well.

Had a brief foray forward to the mosh pit and managed to stay upright.

Headed back into town from the bleak fenlands shortly.
    "I spent most of my money on birds, booze and fast cars: the rest of it I just squandered." [George Best]
  • webboo
    webboo Posts: 6,087
    Morning
    Todays planned ride looking doubtful due to return of winter, ice on the birdbath. It might a case of walk the dogs to assess the Lie of the land or just resorting to the turbo which I was hoping to avoid using again till autumn.
  • homers_double
    homers_double Posts: 7,977
    Oh to sit upon the turbo of death... TBH it's probably on my list of stuff for physio, sit on it whilst watching TV for an hour gently spinning.

Restless night, lots on my mind and a knee with a mind of it's own.
    Advocate of disc brakes.
  • pinno
    pinno Posts: 51,196
    Morning blundering barbecued blisters

Brr, hard frost and forecast is that the temp is to rise to 12/13 deg in the next 24 hrs. Bonkers weather.
    seanoconn - gruagach craic!
  • pinno
    More hammer action SG?

4 mins 17 seconds in:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yJJlkClvSkc
  • Wheelspinner
    Wheelspinner Posts: 6,551

Oh to sit upon the turbo of death... TBH it's probably on my list of stuff for physio, sit on it whilst watching TV for an hour gently spinning.

Restless night, lots on my mind and a knee with a mind of it's own.

How’s your Dad doing?
    Open One+ BMC TE29 Seven 622SL On One Scandal Cervelo RS
  • johngti
    johngti Posts: 2,508
    Morning. Shoot night’s sleep. Feeling well rubbish. Made it in to work but think I’ll be heading home soon. Need to sleep. Headmaster needs to get a wriggle on and check his emails to give me permission to go
  • Munsford0
    Munsford0 Posts: 606
    ^ you not on strike then? Only half our teachers in, and only year 11 kids, so it's all a bit like 28 days later...

Still, I needed some quiet* time with the laser cutter which some helpful soul has buggered up by failing to adjust it to the thickness of the material being cut and then leaving it unattended. Lucky we didn't have a barbecue. Helpfully the supplier is popping a replacement for the melted part in the post FOC!

*swearing quite loudly actually...
  • johngti
    Munsford0 said:

^ you not on strike then? Only half our teachers in, and only year 11 kids, so it's all a bit like 28 days later...

Nope. NASUWT innit
  • Munsford0
    Munsford0 Posts: 606
    Ah. Some of our supposed to be striking teachers are in cos they don't want to lose the pay. As a technician I'm in anyway so I get to play with all the machinery without the inconvenience of having to do stuff for students. And it's better than being stuck at home
  • veronese68
    veronese68 Posts: 27,252
    Afternoon folks,
    Another busy day in the orifice shovelling excrement for all I'm worth. One of my cousins came to visit last night, haven't seen him in over a year so was good to catch up.
    Well done Shorty and hope all is as well as can be with your old man HD. Has Mr GTi caught the bug off junior, will the kids clear up after him because Mrs GTi sure as hell won't.
    Wednesday means I should be going to the boozer, need to go and see the old dear first.
    onwards and upwards...
  • homers_double
    He seems to be fine thank you, being kept in another night for observations.
    Advocate of disc brakes.
  • pinno

He seems to be fine thank you, being kept in another night for observations.

Observing the nurses?
  • homers_double
    edited March 2023
    I couldn’t say but he sent a pic of the view from his hospital window

Advocate of disc brakes.
  • homers_double
    He must have been lying down…
    Advocate of disc brakes.
  • orraloon
    orraloon Posts: 12,612
    No strolling para mi on paths mean or not. Heavy workgroup day of big overgrowth cutting back in The Gardens. Started off c-c-cold so lots of hand saw action was good, then the wet stuff started back at lunchtime. Soggy and muddy work gear now in the washing machine, time to get the stove fired up and thaw out a bit. An alcopop or 2 beckoning.
  • pinno

Lovely view.
  • johngti

Afternoon folks,
    Another busy day in the orifice shovelling excrement for all I'm worth. One of my cousins came to visit last night, haven't seen him in over a year so was good to catch up.
    Well done Shorty and hope all is as well as can be with your old man HD. Has Mr GTi caught the bug off junior, will the kids clear up after him because Mrs GTi sure as hell won't.
    Wednesday means I should be going to the boozer, need to go and see the old dear first.
    onwards and upwards...

Mr GTi would be cleaning up his own mess, believe me!

Glad your dad is on the mend HD
  • veronese68
    veronese68 Posts: 27,252
    pinno said:

Lovely view.
    Significantly better than the view the old dear had at St George's