tuesday initiating plutonium phase transitions with a hammer

'ning

a bit colder, soggy

cafe stroll, gmc for natter, bubbly outing
my bike - faster than god's and twice as shiny

Comments

• tlw1
    tlw1 Posts: 21,831
    Very soggy out. Nothing of note today, just hope run isn’t as soggy and cold as last nights
  • Charlie_Croker
    Charlie_Croker Posts: 1,696
    Defiantly Brrr this morning but no sign of the hurricane I was pedalling against yesterday so far

WAFH for the rest of this week so no more riding for me. Working inside so should be fine, we'll see. Breakfast room not open for another hour... twiddle thumbs
  • Stevo_666
    Stevo_666 Posts: 58,149
    Chilly walk to the station but nice to see the sun coming up on the way. Half day today and tomorrow as I'm off up to Cambridge to see Stiff Liitle Fingers with a few mates. Cider may feature :)
    "I spent most of my money on birds, booze and fast cars: the rest of it I just squandered." [George Best]
  • pinno
    pinno Posts: 51,195
    seanoconn - gruagach craic!
  • pinno
    Morning Fancy-dress freebooters

The more it snows, tiddley pom
    the colder my toes, tiddley pom...

No hurricane here thankfully, just leaden skies and snow flakes.
  • seanoconn
    seanoconn Posts: 11,318
    Pedal pedal today as I was shamed yesterday by beans riding to work in 40moh winds. Barbers later to chop boys lovely long hair off 😞
    Pinno, מלך אידיוט וחרא מכונאי
  • orraloon
    orraloon Posts: 12,607
    seanoconn said:

Barbers later to chop boys lovely long hair off 😞

Do these boys get paid or are they pressganged in?

A snow dusting dropped here, bang goes the nice sunny day forecast = get out on a bike. Gym sesh booked instead. Ho hum.
  • beansnikpoh
    beansnikpoh Posts: 1,520
    edited March 2023
    seanoconn said:

Pedal pedal today as I was shamed yesterday by beans riding to work in 40moh winds. Barbers later to chop boys lovely long hair off 😞

I was careful not to ride home into the headwind though!

It'll grow back - or why are you chopping it off - is it his request?

Penultimate day for me.
  • seanoconn

seanoconn said:

I was careful not to ride home into the headwind though!

It'll grow back - or why are you chopping it off - is it his request?

Penultimate day for me.
    Not cool anymore apparently, I think it looks cool but maybe I’m just jealous.
  • seanoconn
    Need to give the bike a wash but someone’s hidden my hose at work. I’ll find it!
  • homers_double
    homers_double Posts: 7,976
    A worrying evening last night as we had a call from mum who was waiting for an ambulance for dad as it now transpires has had a mini stroke, not a TIA but an IA...

They're currently in Italy.

Everything seems OK now but the docs are keeping him in for tests, apparently he was in a better state than my mum who spent ten minutes in the front of the ambulance doing 120kmh around the twisting lake roads with blue lights and sirens.

We might end up flying out this week but my knee appointment is Thursday so will have to see what happens today.

Other than that, nothing to report as usual as I'm laid up for the foreseeable.
    Advocate of disc brakes.
  • johngti
    johngti Posts: 2,508
    Hope your dad is OK HD. Sounds like he’s getting good care.

I’m knackered although I did flex my authority this morning and cancelled tonight’s department meeting (everyone is far too stressed chasing lazy year 13 students for work). Junior is absolutely back to normal today but can’t go to school because 48 hours is needed from the last hurl. That’s going to be 12.50-ish tomorrow morning. And then both kids are off because strikes for two days. Which they’re gutted about as you can imagine.

Anyway. School appeal letter to work on today, dog to walk after work, possible gym visit this evening.
  • pinno
    seanoconn said:

Need to give the bike a wash but someone’s hidden my hose at work. I’ll find it!

Why did you take your 'hose' to work?
    What's wrong with your 'hose'? :smiley:
  • Stevo_666

A worrying evening last night as we had a call from mum who was waiting for an ambulance for dad as it now transpires has had a mini stroke, not a TIA but an IA...

They're currently in Italy.

Everything seems OK now but the docs are keeping him in for tests, apparently he was in a better state than my mum who spent ten minutes in the front of the ambulance doing 120kmh around the twisting lake roads with blue lights and sirens.

We might end up flying out this week but my knee appointment is Thursday so will have to see what happens today.

Other than that, nothing to report as usual as I'm laid up for the foreseeable.

Fingers crossed for your Old Man HD.
    "I spent most of my money on birds, booze and fast cars: the rest of it I just squandered." [George Best]
  • homers_double
    homers_double Posts: 7,976
    edited March 2023
    Thanks fellas.
    Edit- Just spoken to him and hes feeling fine, staying in another night to wait for the test results. Mum sounds a little calmer too.
    Advocate of disc brakes.
  • webboo
    webboo Posts: 6,087
    Afternoon.
    Sorry to hear about your dad HD.
    So far today board climbed, dogs walked and a visit to mates bike shop.
  • pinno
    I am really disappointed with you lot.
    Shorty scores a hat trick yesterday at netball in a game they won 3 - 0 and you never said 'well done Shorty'.
    Today Shorty was 3rd in the cross country (1 mile), 1st girl behind 2 boys a year older than her.
    What has Shorty got to do to get some bloody recognition around here?!
  • webboo
    webboo Posts: 6,087
    Get a less gobby dad. 😝
  • pinno
    I'll ave yew web ooo !
  • orraloon
    orraloon Posts: 12,607
    Ok then. All together now: well done shortfall.

🤔 somehow something doesn't sound right...

Gym gymed, full set reps so not not going for several weeks must help. Weird weather here today: couple cm snow dropped early on, soon went, but off and on snow, hail and sleet showers. Then sun and no wind. Then more sleet. Now gone clear and still again, with -5 forecast overnight.

Thought it was springtime. Better ask the seedlings to slow down a bit.
  • pinno
    orraloon said:

Ok then. All together now: well done shortfall.

🤔 somehow something doesn't sound right...

Gym gymed, full set reps so not not going for several weeks must help. Weird weather here today: couple cm snow dropped early on, soon went, but off and on snow, hail and sleet showers. Then sun and no wind. Then more sleet. Now gone clear and still again, with -5 forecast overnight.

Thought it was springtime. Better ask the seedlings to slow down a bit.

Same here.
    Whiteout by 11pm. First hail then large snowflakes. Then sun for 2 hours and all the snow at low levels melted. Then rain. Then sunshine again (of which that was most welcome for Shorty to do her x country).
  • johngti
    johngti Posts: 2,508
    Well done Shorty!
  • pinno
    johngti said:

Well done Shorty!

Thank you. I shall pass this on to Shorty.
  • beansnikpoh
    beansnikpoh Posts: 1,520
    Well done on the achievements Shorty!

Packed for volcanos.Tried to lose 10kg on the way home. Failed. Try again tomorrow.
  • seanoconn

Well done on the achievements Shorty!

Packed for volcanos.Tried to lose 10kg on the way home. Failed. Try again tomorrow.

Carry 5 bags of spuds to work. Leave them there. Job done 👍
  • tlw1
    tlw1 Posts: 21,831
    Hope your old chap is ok HD

Awesome work shorty
  • pinno
    edited March 2023
    tlw1 said:

Hope your old chap is ok HD

Awesome work shorty

Sounds a bit more positive HD.

What an engine! She was 30+ seconds over 1 mile in chilly wind and passed a boy in the sprint to the line.
    Last week I had said to treat it as a training run: see the course, get familiar with the set up - who's there etc and get a feeling for the pace.
    She went half way and stopped. I said to keep going but said that there were 'two races'. Err, no. There was a half mile race and a 1 mile race. So a bit shame faced came home a bit disgruntled but I reminded her that's why this dummy run was worth it.
  • Stevo_666
    pinno said:

Shorty scores a hat trick yesterday at netball in a game they won 3 - 0 and you never said 'well done Shorty'.
    Today Shorty was 3rd in the cross country (1 mile), 1st girl behind 2 boys a year older than her.

Oopsie, was busy downing cider and having my eardrums destroyed last night.

Well done Shorty.
  • sungod
    sungod Posts: 16,432
    pinno said:

my bike - faster than god's and twice as shiny