monday may cause ennui

'ning

probability of soggy oscillating wildy

cafe stroll, wfh, more tax avoidance, replenish strategic bubbly reserves, laze
my bike - faster than god's and twice as shiny

Comments

• johngti
    johngti Posts: 2,508
    Morning. After a decent weekend, junior was up vomiting at 1-ish this morning. Mrs GTi has a massive, life affecting phobia about this so is in full on panic mode. I’m having to take the day off, he’s asleep on the sofa bless him.

So today, it’s new mattress, duvet, sheets and pillows for him because there’s no question of cleaning stuff and keeping it.

I have to say, cleaning vom from a high sleeper bed is a fun experience!
  • tlw1
    tlw1 Posts: 21,831
    Fun times gti 🤮

Hounds / work / running but rather tired so might rest
  • seanoconn
    seanoconn Posts: 11,318
    johngti said:

Morning. After a decent weekend, junior was up vomiting at 1-ish this morning. Mrs GTi has a massive, life affecting phobia about this so is in full on panic mode. I’m having to take the day off, he’s asleep on the sofa bless him.

So today, it’s new mattress, duvet, sheets and pillows for him because there’s no question of cleaning stuff and keeping it.

We had two with that last week. Fortunately wifey is a good vom cleaner.
    Pinno, מלך אידיוט וחרא מכונאי
  • johngti
    I think it’s something he ate. He’s chucked up once, in an impressive amount, but is reporting no further issues or dodgy gut feeling. Fingers crossed
  • Stevo_666
    Stevo_666 Posts: 58,157
    johngti said:

Reminds me of the time many moons ago on a skiing holiday when it was a case of sharing a room in a chalet with bunk beds. After a rather heavy night, mate on the top bunk decided he was going to heave and was making a few noises. Mate on the bottom bunk stuck his head out to see what was wrong and got a face full :o:D
    "I spent most of my money on birds, booze and fast cars: the rest of it I just squandered." [George Best]
  • beansnikpoh
    beansnikpoh Posts: 1,520
    Wheeeee. No need to pedal this morning - a few wheel wrenching gusts at side streets, but it aint no thing. Not cycling back tonight - leaving dinner, hopefully the wind will have abated by tomorrow evening.
  • pinno
    pinno Posts: 51,195

Wheeeee. No need to pedal this morning - a few wheel wrenching gusts at side streets, but it aint no thing. Not cycling back tonight - leaving dinner, hopefully the wind will be blowing in the other direction by tomorrow evening.

FTFY
    The answer my friend, is blowing in the wind.

seanoconn - gruagach craic!
  • pinno
    Stevo_666 said:

johngti said:

Reminds me of the time many moons ago on a skiing holiday when it was a case of sharing a room in a chalet with bunk beds. After a rather heavy night, mate on the top bunk decided he was going to heave and was making a few noises. Mate on the bottom bunk stuck his head out to see what was wrong and got a face full :o:D
    Rather shamefully, with a belly full of red wine, lager and baguette, I did this in a youth hostel in San Sebastian.
    The guy underneath was this obsessive compulsive yank who packed 7 pristine white T shirts and 3 pairs of jeans. He would meticulously fold them everyday.
    The slop landed on him and on his T shirts... I was an inch away from getting a beating but the (almost resident SA surfers) saved me and thought this was hilarious.
    They were clapping and cheering when I walked red faced and hungover into the breakfast area.
    I had to pay a fine and leave.
  • pinno
    johngti said:

Well you are silly: there are things called 'mattress protectors'.
    We have always used them.
  • pinno
    Not much happening apart from solicitor calls and wind.
    It's also breezy outside.
  • Stevo_666
    Anyhow, morning all. Stayed off the bike and took the train in as it's a minions leaving drinks tonight. Will pedal later in the week when I'm back from my little mid-week trip to the Norther Shires.
    "I spent most of my money on birds, booze and fast cars: the rest of it I just squandered." [George Best]
  • webboo
    webboo Posts: 6,087
    Morning
    Feel a bit weary after yesterdays ride. Might need to up my game once this weeks cr@ppy weather passes, just finished the cleaning. Might take the dogs for a walk to undo my good work re the clean floors.
    Cycling viewing wise it’s pretty poor, Tour of Taiwan not the most exciting race going..
  • veronese68
    veronese68 Posts: 27,249
    Morning folks,
    WFH so I had an easy gravity assisted commute down the stairs, definitely a bit blowy out there today. Got physio and quack's appointment this afternoon, hopefully will get me sorted a little better. Enjoyed responding to a stupid question earlier, asked for clarification on something, got a very terse reply saying the answer to my question was in the subject of the email. Even though I wasn't in the orifice I think I heard the penny drop from here as a grovelling email followed a few moments later correcting the mistake in the subject of the email.
    Thankfully no signs of vomitting around here.
  • johngti
    pinno said:

johngti said:

Yep there are. But don’t underestimate Mrs GTi’s phobia. She’d be chucking it out anyway. Junior looks like nothing at happened now, watching kids TV. And I’m avoiding a conversation about how he could still be infectious. I try to avoid feeding (🤣) the worst of it
  • seanoconn
    johngti said:

pinno said:

johngti said:

Yep there are. But don’t underestimate Mrs GTi’s phobia. She’d be chucking it out anyway. Junior looks like nothing at happened now, watching kids TV. And I’m avoiding a conversation about how he could still be infectious. I try to avoid feeding (🤣) the worst of it
    Is it only a vomit phobia? Or do other things/fluids set the phobia off?
  • homers_double
    homers_double Posts: 7,976
    Currently sat on my backside as per the last week. Had a decent outing to the shops yesterday and didn't knock anything over with y crutches.
    Nothing exciting to report but I have come up with a theory which was formulated whilst watching Gogglebox on Friday.

There was a snippet of a swingers party on there which made heavy references to pineapples and people of this persuasion.
    And someone on here has a thing about said spike topped fruit...
    Advocate of disc brakes.
  • johngti
    seanoconn said:

johngti said:

pinno said:

johngti said:

Is it only a vomit phobia? Or do other things/fluids set the phobia off?
    Just vomiting. Emetophobia or something. I keep telling her to get some counselling or CBT for it because there are times where it absolutely rules our lives
  • veronese68
    I bet Seano is relieved for you if his concerns are what I think they were.
    I'm now sat in the waiting room having seen the physio, doc next. Been given some exercises to do, follow up in a fortnight. Let's see what the quack has to say, suspect not much to be done but stopping the EPO fretting about me will be good.
  • seanoconn

I'm now sat in the waiting room having seen the physio, doc next. Been given some exercises to do, follow up in a fortnight. Let's see what the quack has to say, suspect not much to be done but stopping the EPO fretting about me will be good.

👍😂
  • johngti
    oxoman said:

johngti said:

pinno said:

johngti said:

What you need is the
    little-un to puke on your bike and in the car when you fancy a new one.
    Now there’s a thought…!
  • pinno

Exactly what I thought. My conclusion is that seano is wired a bit funny.
  • pinno
    Shorty did a netball competition today.
    Seems there are far too many rules to netball.

First game her school team 1 won, 1 - 0. (keeping up?).
    Second game they won 3-0 and Shorty scored all 3 as well as passing to a team mate to shoot when it was easier for her to have a go.

Say 'Well done Shorty'.
  • Stevo_666

Finbarr O'Conn strikes again :)

That said, Mrs. 666 has just asked me to buy her some soup on the way home as she's not feeling well...
  • pinno
    Stevo_666 said:

That said, Mrs. 666 has just asked me to buy her some soup on the way home as she's not feeling well...
    She definitely doesn't trust your cooking (if you actually offered),
  • veronese68
    pinno said:

I blame his schooling
  • pinno

pinno said:

I blame his schooling
    Not his parents?
  • Stevo_666
    pinno said:

Stevo_666 said:

She definitely doesn't trust your cooking (if you actually offered),
    I wasn't offered the option. At least she hasn't got gut rot, just dose of the lurgy.
  • veronese68
    pinno said:

pinno said:

I blame his schooling
    Not his parents?
    I've heard about the people that went to his school, you'd be appalled to hear some of the stories.
  • Stevo_666

pinno said:

pinno said:

I blame his schooling
    Not his parents?
    I've heard about the people that went to his school, you'd be appalled to hear some of the stories.
    Is this the school that had priests running the place?
  • seanoconn

pinno said:

pinno said:

I blame his schooling
    Not his parents?
    The college old boys of the 80’s were the catalyst. The poor innocent boys of the 90’s had no chance.