'ning

less brrr but still brrr, residual sogginess

ride, cafes. laze, bubbly à le chat enragé
my bike - faster than god's and twice as shiny

Comments

• pinno
    pinno Posts: 51,195
    Soggy is a comin'.
    ...and I could say 'comin' for to carry me home' if I had a boat ready.

I hope the soggy doesn't arrive before log delivery.
    That wouldn't be fun.

I'll tune into the last 5 mins of P-N and watch most of T-A.

Laters.
    seanoconn - gruagach craic!
  • beansnikpoh
    beansnikpoh Posts: 1,520
    Groan. I went to Twickenham yesterday to witness England get hammered. I then also got hammered. I'm too old for that. Groan.

• orraloon
    orraloon Posts: 12,608
    Ride binned off, wind up, the grey is here and the rain is, as prev said above, a-comin' soon. Forecast says will rain for 24 hours +. Erse. In like a lion, out like a lamb please March.

Best get the outside fettles done avant le deluge. So get off t'interweb and get on with it. Oh, ok boss.
  • pinno
    edited March 2023
  • Stevo_666
    Stevo_666 Posts: 58,160
    Got rain on the way later plus a fair bit of wind which might bu€€er up my ride to work plans tomorrow. Chilling now, got garden stuff to do later while it's still decent out there.
    "I spent most of my money on birds, booze and fast cars: the rest of it I just squandered." [George Best]
  • veronese68
    veronese68 Posts: 27,252
    Morning folks,
    Slowish start is being enjoyed. Got to do some pottering before the old dear's birthday meal.
    That wasn't a good game to be at Twickenham for B³, a friend was at the game in Rome which wasn't any better from our point of view.
    Onwards and upwards...
  • pinno
    Rugby is a funny thing.

Arguably the Kiwi's are the best and they only have a population of 4.5m(?).
    Then the Aussies (population 17m(?)).

And a small nation of only 5.5M beat Engerland which has a population of 56m.
    It seems like if England want to play better rugby, then they need to de-populate fast.

I think people should be encouraged to get in rubber dinghies and head for Africa after crossing the channel.
  • Stevo_666
    Stevo_666 Posts: 58,160
    pinno said:

Rugby is a funny thing.

It seems like if England want to play better rugby, then they need to de-populate fast.

I think people should be encouraged to get in rubber dinghies and head for Africa after crossing the channel.

It's a religion in NZ and seems to be pretty much the only sport they play apart from a bit of cricket. When I was down there a while back my mate who emigrated there was explaining this and showed me by turning on the TV and they were showing school rugby matches.
    "I spent most of my money on birds, booze and fast cars: the rest of it I just squandered." [George Best]
  • johngti
    johngti Posts: 2,508
    Morning. I went for a bike ride!!!!! Just under 40km. Not dead. Result 😃

Bit of work to do later but otherwise no plans other than a dog walk this afternoon. Happy days.
  • Wheelspinner
    Wheelspinner Posts: 6,551
    pinno said:

Rugby is a funny thing.

Eh? More like 25+M
    Open One+ BMC TE29 Seven 622SL On One Scandal Cervelo RS
  • pinno

pinno said:

Rugby is a funny thing.

Eh? More like 25+M
    It's gone up then.
    Must be all the boat people.

I did put a question mark at 17m WS and it was only an attempt at humour.
  • pinno
    johngti said:

Death is not always instant. There may be a latency.
    Post later to confirm/deny the fact.

• seanoconn
    seanoconn Posts: 11,318
    Pancakes and maple glazed bacon for brekkie. One kids football off due to waterlogged pitch, the other still recovering from gastroenteritis. Park instead for footie and basketball. Preparing to baton down the hatches before the 50+ mph winds over the next 3 days.
    Pinno, מלך אידיוט וחרא מכונאי
  • seanoconn

Groan. I went to Twickenham yesterday to witness England get hammered. I then also got hammered. I'm too old for that. Groan.

What a Sh!t show. Preparation going well for the World Cup 😕
  • seanoconn
    edited March 2023
    johngti said:

Bit of work to do later but otherwise no plans other than a dog walk this afternoon. Happy days.

40km! That’s sound good 👍….. hang on a minute, that’s only 24 miles!
  • johngti
    seanoconn said:

johngti said:

Yeah but first 24 miles since august/September so winner winner chicken dinner!

Unless I die later @pinno - hadn’t considered latent death…
  • orraloon
    orraloon Posts: 12,608
    seanoconn said:

johngti said:

Nearer 25 miles TBF. 24.855 if one is being pernickity.
  • johngti
    orraloon said:

seanoconn said:

johngti said:

It was actually 39.9km but there’s a good chance that includes a bit of a wahoo glitch. Still claiming it though. Definitely more than a couple
  • veronese68
    pinno said:

johngti said:

Death is not always instant. There may be a latency.
    Post later to confirm/deny the fact.

Sorry to be the bearer of bad news but death will definitely follow at some stage.
  • seanoconn
    johngti said:

orraloon said:

seanoconn said:

johngti said:

It was actually 39.9km but there’s a good chance that includes a bit of a wahoo glitch. Still claiming it though. Definitely more than a couple
    Fair play. It’s more than Webbo 👍
  • webboo
    webboo Posts: 6,087
    seanoconn said:

johngti said:

orraloon said:

seanoconn said:

johngti said:

Fair play. It’s more than Webbo 👍
    Oh you of little faith.
  • webboo
    Afternoon.
    Sat watching the cycling have been for first ride since the op. A measly 32.13 miles ridden at a sedate pace with coffee stops at 15 and 24 miles.
    The first 15 was in to a block head wind which had me questioning whether cycling was always this hard. Hip was fine, lungs and other parts not so great.
    Tomorrow might be sore a£se day.
  • seanoconn
    webboo said:

Afternoon.
    Sat watching the cycling have been for first ride since the op. A measly 32.13 miles ridden at a sedate pace with coffee stops at 15 and 24 miles.
    The first 15 was in to a block head wind which had me questioning whether cycling was always this hard. Hip was fine, lungs and other parts not so great.
    Tomorrow might be sore a£se day.

What were the chances 😂
  • sungod
    sungod Posts: 16,432
    pinno said:

Rugby is a funny thing.

france, nz aus, all pineapple growers, shape of the rugby ball, it's no coincidence
    my bike - faster than god's and twice as shiny
  • Managed to beat the rain. Was feeling pretty pleased with my 112km at an avg of 28kmh into a head wind until I noticed a couple of local elite/pro guys who had done 200km at 35kmh avg 😳
  • webboo
    112km in to head wind. One way ride?
  • MidlandsGrimpeur2
    MidlandsGrimpeur2 Posts: 1,320
    edited March 2023
    To be fair, it was an out and back loop. I would say about 60% of the ride was a head wind. The rest was cross and a bit of a tail wind.

I am claiming that as mainly headwind though 😂
  • webboo

To be fair, it was an out and back loop. I would say about 60% of the ride was a head wind. The rest was cross and a bit of a tail wind.

You could have claimed the wind completely changed direction at the turn.
  • pinno
    webboo said:

Yeah, he missed a trick there.
    What is it called when the wind is not in your face?
  • veronese68
    pinno said:

webboo said:

Yeah, he missed a trick there.
    What is it called when the wind is not in your face?
    Cross wind or feeling particularly strong depending on direction