brrr

ride watching out for signs of ice, cafes, lazing and bubbly
my bike - faster than god's and twice as shiny

Comments

• Stevo_666
    Stevo_666 Posts: 58,167
    oxoman said:

Morning you merry icicles.
    Running because elf and safety have cancelled today's planned Gravel X. So OH has hijacked me to accompany her at crufts, not looking forward to it. Hopefully ride later or tomorrow. Enjoy the wkend All.

I'd actually quite like to go to Crufts, just to see what it's really like. My two might be in with a shout of winning the 'best daft cross breed' category :)
    "I spent most of my money on birds, booze and fast cars: the rest of it I just squandered." [George Best]
  • Stevo_666
    Although instead we'll just take the hounds for a walk. Looks like the frost is disappearing. Then will try to squeeze in a bike ride before the rain comes back.

Will watch MOTD tonight to see what their new format is like.
    "I spent most of my money on birds, booze and fast cars: the rest of it I just squandered." [George Best]
  • johngti
    johngti Posts: 2,508
    Stevo_666 said:

Although instead we'll just take the hounds for a walk. Looks like the frost is disappearing. Then will try to squeeze in a bike ride before the rain comes back.

Looks like it’ll be matches with no commentary or punditry! That’ll be fun.

• johngti
    johngti Posts: 2,508
    Morning. Couple of non-negotiables today. Got to dig up a bunch of paperwork to register GTi junior with his secondary school, need to service my bike (after digging it out of the shed), will watch Wales get beaten by Italy, try cleats on the new shoes, and generally chillax for the rest of the day.
  • pinno
    pinno Posts: 51,196
    Brr cloudy grey. The deep 40cm snow never materialised. The -4 deg c never materialised. Liars, liars, liars.

Today will be a few chores, then food, wine and song*. (not a lot of song TBH).

*Sex, drugs and rock n roll is a bit knackering.
    seanoconn - gruagach craic!
  • veronese68
    veronese68 Posts: 27,252
    Morning folks,
    Traditional slow start is being enjoyed. EPO is ok, tired after last night for all the wrong reasons. So the planned outing for today has been cancelled. This suits me. The lad is here for the old dear's birthday tomorrow but preparing the Golf for MOT then sale today, so I can help and guide him if I'm around.
    Have a good day everyone
  • tlw1
    tlw1 Posts: 21,831
    Decent night out last night in the old town catching up with friends, so and cold ride back. Should be running now but went for a long walk/snowball fight with youngest.

Food, maybe run and then if time fun bikes with a pal followed by his birthday party in the pub, starting at 4………
  • webboo
    webboo Posts: 6,087
    Morning.
    Today will be lifting some weights and watching some people on bikes. I wonder if Carlton will express solidarity with Mr Lineker and refuse to commentate today.
  • pinno
    webboo said:

Morning.
    Today will be lifting some weights and watching some people on bikes. I wonder if Carlton will express solidarity with Mr Lineker and refuse to commentate today.

You are hoping. C'mon, do you really prefer Mr really really over the top Hatch?
  • homers_double
    homers_double Posts: 7,977
    webboo said:

Morning.

Paris Nice? No he's there in avengance.
    Loads of snow still about here which makes walking around difficult for me at the minute. Currently checking out options for an Italian trip in July, ferry or tunnel...
    Also deffered IM to 2024 whilst I'm at it and withdrawn from the DEVA in Chester :/

Advocate of disc brakes.
  • pinno
    Paris-Nice = dull
    Tirreno adriatico = slightly more interesting. At least also you have on hand Robbie McEwan who can fill in during the quiet spells with some humour.
  • pinno

webboo said:

Morning.

Paris Nice? No he's there in avengance.
    Loads of snow still about here which makes walking around difficult for me at the minute. Currently checking out options for an Italian trip in July, ferry or tunnel...
    Also deffered IM to 2024 whilst I'm at it and withdrawn from the DEVA in Chester :/
    That cannot feel good.
    (Whatever doesn't kill you makes you stronger :smiley: )

• webboo
    pinno said:

webboo said:

Morning.

You are hoping. C'mon, do you really prefer Mr really really over the top Hatch?
    It was an attempt at a bit of humour, of course I prefer Carlton to Mr Pronunciation.
    Listening to Hatch is like reading Stevo’s post on here.
  • pinno
    webboo said:

pinno said:

webboo said:

Morning.

It was an attempt at a bit of humour, of course I prefer Carlton to Mr Pronunciation.
    I couldn't agree more.
  • seanoconn
    seanoconn Posts: 11,318
    Had to collect a parcel for a client wrongly delivered to Putney Rowing club Had a chat with some of the Oxford crew. Nice helpful bunch of good looking giants.
    Pinno, מלך אידיוט וחרא מכונאי
  • seanoconn
    Stevo_666 said:

oxoman said:

Morning you merry icicles.
    Running because elf and safety have cancelled today's planned Gravel X. So OH has hijacked me to accompany her at crufts, not looking forward to it. Hopefully ride later or tomorrow. Enjoy the wkend All.

I'd actually quite like to go to Crufts, just to see what it's really like. My two might be in with a shout of winning the 'best daft cross breed' category :)
    I think you’d be in with a shout Stevo. You have pretty good posture 👍
  • seanoconn
    edited March 2023
    Stevo_666 said:

Just games no pundits by the sound of it. Not sure how the BBC will resolve this.

Edit, as John GTI already said.
  • Stevo_666
    seanoconn said:

Stevo_666 said:

Just games no pundits by the sound of it. Not sure how the BBC will resolve this.

Edit, as John GTI already said.
    I have the answer...

• Stevo_666
    pinno said:

webboo said:

pinno said:

webboo said:

Morning.

I couldn't agree more.
    You'll have to explain that one.
  • seanoconn
    pinno said:

webboo said:

pinno said:

webboo said:

Morning.

I couldn't agree more.
    Ooh, is it have a pop at Stevo day? I’m in 👍
  • Stevo_666
    seanoconn said:

pinno said:

webboo said:

pinno said:

webboo said:

Morning.

I couldn't agree more.
    Ooh, is it have a pop at Stevo day? I’m in 👍
    If they are I hadn't noticed as I don't know what the **** webbo is on about :smile:
  • pinno
    edited March 2023
    Stevo_666 said:

pinno said:

webboo said:

pinno said:

webboo said:

Morning.

I couldn't agree more.
    Hatch grates.

Anyhoo, as Tory party chairman in waiting, you've a lot to answer for before you even get the role.
  • Stevo_666
    johngti said:

Stevo_666 said:

Looks like it’ll be matches with no commentary or punditry! That’ll be fun.

Some radio stations charge a fee for their premium channel which does away with the chit chat in between songs. We're getting it on MOTD for free :smile:
  • Stevo_666
    pinno said:

Stevo_666 said:

pinno said:

webboo said:

pinno said:

webboo said:

Morning.

I couldn't agree more.
    Hatch grates.

Anyhoo, as Tory party chairman in waiting, you've a lot to answer for before you even get the role.
    I'd better post more when Webbo is around then o:)
  • orraloon
    orraloon Posts: 12,612
    pinno said:

...Hatch grates....

Disagree. Wittermouth gnarly Kirby is a sonic PITA and PITE. Rob Hatch's base accent is Lancastrian, get him native on The Cycling Podcast, he tries to get local language pronunciation correct. If he makes errors, he does accept and correct, unlike Wittermouth who needs someone hardcore enough as McEwen to keep him reined in. Kelly and Smith obvs get seriously pixxed off with him.
  • pinno
    Smith is monotone. Sometimes Smith nails it on the head but the rest if the time, he struggles to say interesting stuff to fill the time.
    Dan Lloyd as lead commentator is dull as ditch water.
    Blythe is good.
    Kelly is okay.
    I'll take Kirby's wittering over Hatch's wholly ludicrous over pronunciation of proper nouns and his "...we'll be remembering this in years to come [yeah, the stage where you really over did it]... this will go down in the history books...[yes, I will remember the stage. I won't remember who won but i'll remember this was the stage where you went silly]..."

We can agree to disagree. :smile:
  • webboo
    Stevo_666 said:

pinno said:

Stevo_666 said:

pinno said:

webboo said:

pinno said:

webboo said:

Morning.

I couldn't agree more.
    Hatch grates.

The Mrs Doyle of Bikeradar. “ I’ll go on, l’ll go on, I’ll go on, I’ll, go on, I’ll go on, I’ll go on
  • Stevo_666
    webboo said:

Stevo_666 said:

pinno said:

Stevo_666 said:

pinno said:

webboo said:

pinno said:

webboo said:

Morning.

I couldn't agree more.
    Hatch grates.

The Mrs Doyle of Bikeradar. “ I’ll go on, l’ll go on, I’ll go on, I’ll, go on, I’ll go on, I’ll go on
    Don't read my posts them if they bother you. Dead easy.
  • sungod
    sungod Posts: 16,434
    webboo said:

Stevo_666 said:

pinno said:

Stevo_666 said:

pinno said:

webboo said:

pinno said:

webboo said:

Morning.

I couldn't agree more.
    Hatch grates.

i won't, when i'm gone, i want sungod's undead, to the chorus of https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LflLL7AH-eo i have the original vinyl for the service
    my bike - faster than god's and twice as shiny
  • pinno
    Stevo_666 said:

webboo said:

Stevo_666 said:

pinno said:

Stevo_666 said:

pinno said:

webboo said:

pinno said:

webboo said:

Morning.

I couldn't agree more.
    Hatch grates.

Don't read my posts them if they bother you. Dead easy.
    You bit.

Tonight's Bike radar scores (without punditry and commentary):

Webboo 1, Stevo 0