friday across the blasted heath

'ning

soggy start again

cafe stroll or two, wfh, arrange a lawyering, stock up on bubbly, bubbly
my bike - faster than god's and twice as shiny

Comments

• tlw1
    tlw1 Posts: 21,831
    More snow stuff means todays day off at Llandegla is delayed so might as well work

Later is out with friends at the old town, meant to be cycling across - might not be now
  • pinno
    pinno Posts: 51,195
    Morning Colorado potato beetles

Let it snow it snow let it snow...
    Then let it spring let it spring let it spring.

Much running around to do today.

Mooching, lurking, stalking and going on a bit positions have been ascertained.
    Given the departure of many due to Brexit, Modshit and imposters, the following positions are available:

Skulking loafer
    Persistent bullsh*tter
    Flat earther
    Gammon
    Conspiracy theorist
    Homophobe
    Devout Christian
    Devout Muslim
    Devout Buddhist

Please apply in writing.
    seanoconn - gruagach craic!
  • Stevo_666
    Stevo_666 Posts: 58,158
    pinno said:

Morning Colorado potato beetles

Let it snow it snow let it snow...
    Then let it spring let it spring let it spring.

Much running around to do today.

Mooching, lurking, stalking and going on a bit positions have been ascertained.
    Given the departure of many due to Brexit, Modshit and imposters, the following positions are available:

Skulking loafer
    Persistent bullsh*tter
    Flat earther
    Gammon
    Conspiracy theorist
    Homophobe
    Devout Christian
    Devout Muslim
    Devout Buddhist

Please apply in writing.

Pretty sure the first two are already taken :smile:
    "I spent most of my money on birds, booze and fast cars: the rest of it I just squandered." [George Best]
  • Stevo_666
    Decent catch on sleep after 3 early starts on the trot. Hiding from the rain down in the cave and catching up on work stuff that was delayed due to doing appraisal bollox. Looks like there are gaps in the rain over the weekend, so a long awaited ride around the lanes is being planned.
    "I spent most of my money on birds, booze and fast cars: the rest of it I just squandered." [George Best]
  • Stevo_666
    And it's sleeting now even though it's meant to be 9C here. Loverly.
  • seanoconn
    seanoconn Posts: 11,318
    Stevo_666 said:

Where did you get 9C from?

Sun is out for now. Roll on the weekend.
    Pinno, מלך אידיוט וחרא מכונאי
  • beansnikpoh
    beansnikpoh Posts: 1,520
    Cold and wet here, so down the garden I dutifully trotted to do the interval thing.

CLearing stuff up, doing handover documents etc. Dull really.
  • homers_double
    homers_double Posts: 7,976
    WFH today because of pesky white stuff. Normally I'd be happy to see a massive dump in the back garden but today is bitter sweet.
    Fracture clinic appointment next Thursday, until then much muttering and popping of joints.
    I suppose I'd better get on the internetz and do some deffering...
    And my mouse is playing up which is shit on a laptop for CAD etc.

Onwards to the weekend and more muttering...
    Advocate of disc brakes.
  • johngti
    johngti Posts: 2,508
    Morning. Another busy start. Finally finished some exam paper solutions so need to share those with my classes. Compèring the winter sports dinner tonight so some polishing of the script needed this afternoon. Oh and finally need to get round to completing a sixth month review for a new member of the department so that he gets made permanent.
  • johngti
    Morning. Another busy start. Finally finished some exam paper solutions so need to share those with my classes. Compèring the winter sports dinner tonight so some polishing of the script needed this afternoon. Oh and finally need to get round to completing a sixth month review for a new member of the department so that he gets made permanent.
  • Stevo_666
    seanoconn said:

Stevo_666 said:

Sun is out for now. Roll on the weekend.
    Yesterdays forecast which is a bit pants it would seem.
  • secretsam
    secretsam Posts: 5,098
    Suspected COVID, although tested negative. Sweaty AF

It's just a hill. Get over it.
  • Stevo_666

Cold and wet here, so down the garden I dutifully trotted to do the interval thing.

Have they hired your replacement yet?

Market seems to be picking up, as I've been 'tapped on the shoulder' a couple of times in the last 3 weeks.
  • orraloon
    orraloon Posts: 12,608
    Stevo_666 said:

Market seems to be picking up, as I've been 'tapped on the shoulder' a couple of times in the last 3 weeks.
    That'll be shortfall 😊

Bright, sunny with a couple cm of snow. Pretty. Need to clear the stuff at the back of the house as that is sheltered from the sun and is well icy. Better get on with, though feeling crackered for some reason.
  • veronese68
    veronese68 Posts: 27,252
    Afternoon folks,
    In the orifice on a Friday which is no good, cold and miserable out there. Busy as always with the usual nonsense.
    johngti said:

Oh and finally need to get round to completing a sixth month review for a new member of the department so that he gets made permanent.

No rush, has he been there for a year yet?
    Busy weekend coming up, so I'll start it the right way with a few beers.

• Stevo_666
    orraloon said:

Stevo_666 said:

That'll be shortfall 😊

Bright, sunny with a couple cm of snow. Pretty. Need to clear the stuff at the back of the house as that is sheltered from the sun and is well icy. Better get on with, though feeling crackered for some reason.
    Is he a recruitment consultant? :smile:
  • pinno
    seanoconn said:

Stevo_666 said:

He's skinny.

• pinno
    secretsam said:

Suspected COVID, although tested negative. Sweaty AF

Last thing you need is a sore back, sore shoulder and Covid.

I would suggest a Luton van with a ramp.
  • johngti

Afternoon folks,
    In the orifice on a Friday which is no good, cold and miserable out there. Busy as always with the usual nonsense.

johngti said:

Oh and finally need to get round to completing a sixth month review for a new member of the department so that he gets made permanent.

No rush, has he been there for a year yet?
    Busy weekend coming up, so I'll start it the right way with a few beers.

Not yet but we do a six month probation now. Used to be 12 months+
  • beansnikpoh
    beansnikpoh Posts: 1,520
    Stevo_666 said:

Yep, replacement will start 3rd April. We got a few half decent candidates.
  • webboo
    webboo Posts: 6,087
    Evening
    Lots of snow here first thing, nearly all gone now. Any plans were scuppered by having to go buy paint with the missus. Followed by a visit to friends who just back from rallying in New Zealand, arranged to meet up for a ride on Sunday if the weather plays ball.
    Rest of today will be wine and catching up on todays bike races.
  • Stevo_666
    oxoman said:

Evening all. Well we had a mini blizzard after I posted then its been sunny the rest of the day. Temps due to drop to -7 or lower overnight. Also totally gutted as Gravel X is cancelled tomorrow due to thawing snow then severe frost overnight, Dam. Looks like I'm going to mutt hell tomorrow instead. Crufts urgh.

At least you don't have an OH who insists on watching 'Dancing on ice' on the box*. Or I hope you don't.

(* Thank f*** we have 2 TVs)
  • veronese68
    Been sat in A&E with the EPO since 6, my aris' has gone numb but I don't think they classify that as a medical emergency.
    She's alright, her heart rate goes funny on occasion and she needs a minor op to fix it. Went on too long today and 111 told her to come in. Makes a change from Friday pub night.
  • Stevo_666
    oxoman said:

Stevo_666 said:

oxoman said:

Evening all. Well we had a mini blizzard after I posted then its been sunny the rest of the day. Temps due to drop to -7 or lower overnight. Also totally gutted as Gravel X is cancelled tomorrow due to thawing snow then severe frost overnight, Dam. Looks like I'm going to mutt hell tomorrow instead. Crufts urgh.

At least you don't have an OH who insists on watching 'Dancing on ice' on the box*. Or I hope you don't.

(* Thank f*** we have 2 TVs)
    :(:s:o:'(
    And strictly

Look on the bright side, it's 6 months before that bilge comes back on the box. Just praying she doesn't take a shine to 'The Masked Singer' in the meantime... :o
  • Stevo_666

Been sat in A&E with the EPO since 6, my aris' has gone numb but I don't think they classify that as a medical emergency.
    She's alright, her heart rate goes funny on occasion and she needs a minor op to fix it. Went on too long today and 111 told her to come in. Makes a change from Friday pub night.

Not good V, hope you're not there all bloody night.
  • veronese68
    Stevo_666 said:

Not good V, hope you're not there all bloody night.
    I just asked, very politely, allegedly one more ahead of her.
    Now that it's gone back to normal she's worried they won't believe her and she feels like a fraud. She showed me the readings from the heart rate thing on her phone, varied from a low of 14 to 127.
    Now steady
  • johngti
    Hope she’s OK V. They’ll take her seriously I’m sure
  • johngti
    The dinner went well, most of the jokes worked which was nice and lots of congrats afterwards. And some nice gifts off the lads whom I have coached for the last two years. Quite touched.
  • veronese68
    Yes, I'm sure they will. She's now had an ECG and chest x-ray, just waiting for the doctor.
  • veronese68
    Home now, Dr was very good, took her seriously as expected, reassured her lots, said go straight back if it happens again over the weekend and referred her urgently for a follow up on Monday.