thursday this is your correspondent, running out of tape

'ning

gloomygrey, soggy and the modulometer has bent its needle

cafes, wfh, bubbly outing
my bike - faster than god's and twice as shiny

Comments

• seanoconn
    seanoconn Posts: 11,318
    Put sofa bed away. Avoid Gastroenteritis pair. Lazy car ride to work. coffee followed by work avoidance.
    Pinno, מלך אידיוט וחרא מכונאי
  • Stevo_666
    Stevo_666 Posts: 58,151
    Grey and soggy but at least the snow has melted. On the train again as didn't fancy riding, will try for a break in the weather sometime.

Lots of meetings today :/
    "I spent most of my money on birds, booze and fast cars: the rest of it I just squandered." [George Best]
  • johngti
    johngti Posts: 2,508
    Morning. I remembered my coffee!!
  • pinno
    pinno Posts: 51,195
    Morning Artichokes

Wot no hard frost?
    It's clouded over. No sign of snow. Boo!
    That means I have no excuse but to go to the land far away meeting.

Laters.
    seanoconn - gruagach craic!
  • seanoconn
    johngti said:

Morning. I remembered my coffee!!

Don’t forget your coffee!
  • seanoconn
    sungod said:

'ning

Had enough of this gloom, we need a sacrifice. What/who would you prefer SG?
  • tlw1
    tlw1 Posts: 21,831

Snowed for my entire hound walk. That bad I’ve even put the heating on 😳

Work stuff, another cold run later (yesterdays were a horrible couple of hours I will never get back), then pub for the start of a mates 50th
  • sungod
    sungod Posts: 16,432
    seanoconn said:

sungod said:

'ning

Had enough of this gloom, we need a sacrifice. What/who would you prefer SG?
    at the moment i'd begin with insurance companies
    my bike - faster than god's and twice as shiny
  • homers_double
    homers_double Posts: 7,976
    I have a teams with one of those in half an hour, fukcing stupid workforce.

Light snow here but not wanting to get the skis out in the local park.

Going to pester the fracture clinic soon as well as see what travel insurance co says about an impending paid up trip to Paris and my chunky knee.
    Advocate of disc brakes.
  • beansnikpoh
    beansnikpoh Posts: 1,520
    Unpleasantly sweaty hour of intervals on the static bike, now sitting on my arris staring at a screen. This time next week I should be coming into land at Tenerife South, where the current temperature seems to be 24/25 degrees, and bright sunshine. That should be an antidote for the never ending gloom.
  • webboo
    webboo Posts: 6,087
    Morning
    Walked the dogs in the drizzly sleet. One wasn’t happy at all to go out. A bit stretching done, getting a bit more mobility back.
    Saw consultant yesterday. He was very impressed with my progress and discharged me, with a few caveats about riding in icy conditions and jumping off high rocks.
    He was also impressed with my suit as was the nurse with my beard and moustache.
    Rest of today will a session on the board, a drive for first time in 6 weeks and one of the cats to the vet.
  • seanoconn
    webboo said:

Morning
    Walked the dogs in the drizzly sleet. One wasn’t happy at all to go out. A bit stretching done, getting a bit more mobility back.
    Saw consultant yesterday. He was very impressed with my progress and discharged me, with a few caveats about riding in icy conditions and jumping off high rocks.
    He was also impressed with my suit as was the nurse with my beard and moustache.
    Rest of today will a session on the board, a drive for first time in 6 weeks and one of the cats to the vet.

You wore a suit to the hospital?
    Isn’t it a beard or moustache?
    Both shoes and socks going on ok now?
  • seanoconn

Unpleasantly sweaty hour of intervals on the static bike, now sitting on my arris staring at a screen. This time next week I should be coming into land at Tenerife South, where the current temperature seems to be 24/25 degrees, and bright sunshine. That should be an antidote for the never ending gloom.

On the plus side the pretty peloton lady says you’re doing great 👍

Hmmm, warm weather. I’m not sure I can remember what that is.
  • webboo
    seanoconn said:

webboo said:

Morning

I like to wear a suit when I go most places, however the missus often objects as she the feels underdressed.
    I have a beard with a handlebar moustache.
    Socks go on with a bit of struggle I have kneel down on the floor to get new hip side one started.
    I can get my rock climbing shoes on much easier than pre op. Mind they are size 6 and half and my normal shoes are 8’s.
  • seanoconn
    webboo said:

seanoconn said:

webboo said:

Morning

I like to wear a suit when I go most places, however the missus often objects as she the feels underdressed.
    Socks go on with a bit of struggle I have kneel down on the floor to get new hip side one started.
    I can get my rock climbing shoes on much easier than pre op. Mind they are size 6 and half and my normal shoes are 8’s.
    Handlebar moustache, nice one 👍 Had one for a bit about 5 years ago. Had a special moustache comb, oil and wax and then gave up once I’d bought all the kit, like most of my hobbies.

Your consultant might frown upon the rock climbing at the moment.
  • drhaggis
    drhaggis Posts: 1,150
    Cycled to work today, like every thursday. I'm not sure if I'm relieved that the night hadn't been as bad as expected, or pissed to see pretty much no snow around. Hot shower at the office was a boon.
  • beansnikpoh
    beansnikpoh Posts: 1,520
    seanoconn said:

On the plus side the pretty peloton lady says you’re doing great 👍

Hmmm, warm weather. I’m not sure I can remember what that is.
    At the moment I am using "power zone" workouts with Christine d'Ercole, who is an age group world champ track cyclist, and has the thighs to match. There are more conventionally attractive class leaders.

I'll let you know how the warmth feels, though seeing as I'm climbing a dirty great big volcano, i probably won't welcome it.
  • Wheelspinner
    Wheelspinner Posts: 6,551
    Finished install of the new rear shocks. Only mild damage to a few of the extremities, so that's a win. Drives much better.

Other stuff.
    Open One+ BMC TE29 Seven 622SL On One Scandal Cervelo RS
  • pinno
    webboo said:

Morning

Nothing about sky diving or bungee jumping though.

• webboo
    seanoconn said:

webboo said:

seanoconn said:

webboo said:

Morning

Handlebar moustache, nice one 👍 Had one for a bit about 5 years ago. Had a special moustache comb, oil and wax and then gave up once I’d bought all the kit, like most of my hobbies.

Your consultant might frown upon the rock climbing at the moment.
    I didn’t tell him that I’d had a couple of goes on my home wall. The wife grassed me up about using the turbo but he said that was fine.
  • webboo
    pinno said:

webboo said:

Morning

Nothing about sky diving or bungee jumping though.

Strangely he didn’t rule those out.
  • pinno
    Webboo:

• webboo
    pinno said:

Webboo:

I have more of a beard than that and I don’t do really old school on the bike. It’s hard enough without wearing and riding stuff my grandad would have used.
  • pinno
    Sure but that's now the image of you that comes into my head.
  • veronese68
    veronese68 Posts: 27,249
    Evening folks,
    Busy day of fending off stupidity in the orifice, have to go in again tomorrow which does not please me. I'll get out early in the hope of making it to the pub with the EPO before too many of the great unwashed.
    I'll now picture webboo like that as well, I know that spot in the picture well. Leaving the main square in Gaiole, not far from a mate's place. There's a good pizzeria near there.
    Finally contacted the quacks yesterday after over 4 weeks of being snotty asking if it was worth seeing them, also asked about the leg as still not quite right. They have booked me a physio session at 2.45 on Monday and an appointment with a GP at 3.30. I'm impressed with that, someone actually thought about it when booking me in.
  • pinno

I'll now picture webboo like that as well, I know that spot in the picture well. Leaving the main square in Gaiole, not far from a mate's place. There's a good pizzeria near there.

Part of L'eroica route?

• veronese68
    veronese68 Posts: 27,249
    pinno said:

Part of L'eroica route?

Yes, leaving the main square at the start
  • pinno

pinno said:

Part of L'eroica route?

Yes, leaving the main square at the start
    Do I get Brownie points?
  • Stevo_666
    Stevo_666 Posts: 58,151
    Bit knackered now, bloody busy day but at least got all the minions annual appraisals done so tomorrow will be a bit more chilled. Its cider o'clock now.
    "I spent most of my money on birds, booze and fast cars: the rest of it I just squandered." [George Best]
  • webboo
    This is how I really look.
    Although I’ve shaved off the body hair.