ride cafe wfh bubbly outing with chance of puppodums
my bike - faster than god's and twice as shiny

Comments

• pinno
    pinno Posts: 51,195
    edited March 2023
    Morning dunderheaded Ethelreds

Frosty frosty bright brrr.
    ...hang on, must go and get Tricky moving...
    seanoconn - gruagach craic!
  • pinno
    Right, what was I saying?

Oh yeah, not a lot.

Laters.
  • beansnikpoh
    beansnikpoh Posts: 1,520
    Wfh today, I thought it would snow. I'll pop down and go on the static bike later and do 45 mins of intervals with some perky young thing telling me I'm great.
  • tlw1
    tlw1 Posts: 21,831
    Skipped hybrid commute because of currently unfounded weather concerns.

Probably running in the dark woods later, may try some speed work as the body seems to be holding up to the higher mileage
  • homers_double
    homers_double Posts: 7,976
    WFW with a splinted leg sat on a box under my desk.

Other than that, vegetable soup for lunch will be my most exciting update.
    Advocate of disc brakes.
  • johngti
    johngti Posts: 2,508
    Morning. Two lessons, tutor group, now got my break time coffee. Off to do some planning then more teaching. Meeting an unhappy parent at 3.45. Going to go to the gym with the missus this evening. Not an exciting day. Maybe my new cycling shoes will arrive
  • Stevo_666
    Stevo_666 Posts: 58,149
    Binned riding in due to nasty looking sleety forecast for today and it was just a bit dull and cold. Hey ho. Tempted to ride tomorrow, but that will the cue for the weather to get more miserable than a Man U fan.

Dealing with idiots from a timezone 9 hours ahead done. Now to get on with some real work, hopefully.
    "I spent most of my money on birds, booze and fast cars: the rest of it I just squandered." [George Best]
  • webboo
    webboo Posts: 6,087
    Afternoon
    Nice and sunny here so I was tempted to go for a ride but I will wait for tomorrows review with the consultant. So dogs walked, turbo turboed. Apparently I now have to wait in for a delivery which seems to be for the son in law who’s out in Brunei. It would have been nice to asked if I was going to be in.
  • johngti
    In an exciting twist for the day, my shoes have been delivered. This means that from now until when I get home, I can get dizzy with excitement at the thought of trying them on, fully ignoring the strong probability that they will not fit properly until my hopes are cruelly dashed by the harsh reality of online shopping.
  • webboo
    webboo said:

Afternoon
    Nice and sunny here so I was tempted to go for a ride but I will wait for tomorrows review with the consultant. So dogs walked, turbo turboed. Apparently I now have to wait in for a delivery which seems to be for the son in law who’s out in Brunei. It would have been nice to asked if I was going to be in.

It turns out the delivery is Son in laws is his Sargent mess dress uniform. I wonder if I will be allowed to wear it.
  • pinno
    webboo said:

Afternoon

Just write 'return to sender' on it and post it back.
  • pinno
    johngti said:

In an exciting twist for the day, my shoes have been delivered.

Cycling shoes? Yes, a PITA ordering shoes online.
  • johngti
    pinno said:

johngti said:

Yep. Related to the comment a few days ago re being more patronising when offering advice. I’m still quite excited to see if they fit though. Just got a meeting with a parent to get through first!
  • webboo
    pinno said:

webboo said:

Afternoon

No it’s been delivered because the tailor is in the UK and the army won’t pay for it be delivered to Brunei. This because despite him being promoted to Sargent the post he went out to in Brunei is a corporals post.
    I did start to type an explanation about this but realised I was going on a bit and that’s your job.
  • veronese68
    veronese68 Posts: 27,249
    Afternoon folks,
    Sat in a hospital room waiting for the old dear to be discharged. She called me at 2:30 to say she'd be ready to go soon so I should head over. Just fell asleep in the armchair for a bit because it's bloody warm in here. No need for an electric blanket.
    That shoe comment wasn't patronising Mr GTi, well deserved I'd say.
    Hope the leg heals fast HD, your Strava will be as dull as mine for a while now.
    It did sleet for a while at ours, glad I wasn't out in it. Now just grey and dull, but that's Tooting for you.
  • pinno
    edited March 2023
    webboo said:

pinno said:

webboo said:

Afternoon

No it’s been delivered because the tailor is in the UK and the army won’t pay for it be delivered to Brunei. This because despite him being promoted to Sargent the post he went out to in Brunei is a corporals post.
    I did start to type an explanation about this but realised I was going on a bit and that’s your job.
    If you don't give me enough information, I can't do my job properly.
    There's only so much I can make up as I go along.

It's a good job i'm freelance.
  • pinno
    johngti said:

pinno said:

johngti said:

Yep. Related to the comment a few days ago re being more patronising when offering advice. I’m still quite excited to see if they fit though. Just got a meeting with a parent to get through first!
    I know there was some patronising going on but what exactly was it? (did I miss something?).
  • johngti
    pinno said:

johngti said:

pinno said:

johngti said:

I know there was some patronising going on but what exactly was it? (did I miss something?).
    Just something along the lines of “your feet are different to other feet so don’t ask how shoes fit”. Like, obviously my feet are different but if absolutely everyone says “yeah fam, had to go a size bigger than normal” then it’s a starting point innit. No need to talk to me like I’m an idiot what knows nowt.

Just that.

Anyway, went for 44.5 rather than the usual 44 and they’re very comfortable. So all good.
  • veronese68
    veronese68 Posts: 27,249
    The guy thinks he knows everything and has no sense of humour whatsoever, I really can't be doing with people like that.
  • pinno
    edited March 2023

The guy thinks he knows everything and has no sense of humour whatsoever, I really can't be doing with people like that.

You can't talk about gti like that.
  • pinno
    :smile:
  • johngti
    pinno said:

You can't talk about gti like that.
    😞
  • Stevo_666
    pinno said:

Freelance what? :)
    "I spent most of my money on birds, booze and fast cars: the rest of it I just squandered." [George Best]
  • orraloon
    orraloon Posts: 12,607
    Stevo_666 said:

pinno said:

I'm free to do what I want any old time
    I said I'm free to do what I want any old time

• pinno
    Stevo_666 said:

pinno said:

You really aren't keeping up at the back.
    webboo said:

pinno said:

webboo said:

Afternoon

• Stevo_666
    pinno said:

Stevo_666 said:

pinno said:

webboo said:

pinno said:

webboo said:

Afternoon

Still, don't see the connection but whatever.
  • pinno
    Stevo_666 said:

pinno said:

Stevo_666 said:

pinno said:

webboo said:

pinno said:

webboo said:

Afternoon

Still, don't see the connection but whatever.
    Webboo: I did start to type an explanation about this but realised I was going on a bit and that’s your job.

Me: If you don't give me enough information, I can't do my job properly.
    There's only so much I can make up as I go along.

In other words; Webboo is not my employer. Going on a bit is entirely through choice not contract.