'ning

rather nippy

ride to gmc unless it's snowy icy, chat with chum, bail, wfh, bubbly
my bike - faster than god's and twice as shiny

Comments

• veronese68
    veronese68 Posts: 27,249
    Morning folks,
    Woken up in Wombledon as keeping an eye on the old dear, there is white stuff on the ground and falling out of the sky. I don't think this is normal but it's a long time since I've woken up in Wombledon.
    Going to WFOD for a bit, once she's up and sorted I have to head into the office.
    Have a good day everyone
  • pinno
    pinno Posts: 51,195
    Morning Kleptomaniacs

Brr sunny bright again (but 2 deg less than yesterday morning and tomorrow is going to be even more brr with white stuff).
    Will assess a pedal when the sun hits the frost.

Have you seen snow in Wombledon before VN?
    I bet it improves the look of the place.
    Can you see @seanoconn 's place?

Laters.
    seanoconn - gruagach craic!
  • tlw1
    tlw1 Posts: 21,831
    Long hound walked cut short as elder hound was hobbling slightly, means I got an hour of todays run runned.

WFH without the catering division, imagine I will eat more and drink less Earl grey.

Later is a run with local running club, looking at the WhatsApp messages it might be on my own
  • pinno
    I know why that hound is hobbling - you've not given him enough ale.
    'Cos that's key here innit? The more beer you drink, the more you can run.
  • sungod
    sungod Posts: 16,432
    sleetysoggy ride, no grey mush, just puddles

on the plus side, fewer people out there to get in my way
    my bike - faster than god's and twice as shiny
  • tlw1
    pinno said:

I’m not sharing my ale
  • Stevo_666
    Stevo_666 Posts: 58,151
    edited March 2023
    Trip to the office called off as trains up the spout at the first sign of snow. Though to be fair, a delivery van tried and failed to make it up the steepish bit at the entrance to our close. Pity, as it had Mrs. 666's new potting shed on the back. Even more so for the delivery drivers as they got up at 2:30am to deliver it from oop North.

So it's wfh today.
    "I spent most of my money on birds, booze and fast cars: the rest of it I just squandered." [George Best]
  • homers_double
    homers_double Posts: 7,976
    WFW today, some lads are coming in for interviews but I'm not sitting in.
    What exciting things can I plan for later, oh err nothing.
    Advocate of disc brakes.
  • pinno
    tlw1 said:

pinno said:

I’m not sharing my ale
    That's neglect.
  • pinno
    Stevo_666 said:

Trip to the office called off as trains up the spout at the first sign of snow. Though to be fair, a delivery van tried and failed to make it up the steepish bit at the entrance to our close. Pity, as it had Mrs. 666's new potting shed on the back. Even more so for the delivery drivers as they got up at 2:30am to deliver it from oop North.

So it's wfh today.

Is there any chance the boys from oop North delivered it to a receiving depot (along with, err a shed load of other stuff for delivery) and then the boys at the receiving depot were meant to deliver the shed?
    I can't see how a they make a profit out of driving all that way in the wee hours just to deliver the shed unless it's some fancy titanium one.
  • Stevo_666
    pinno said:

Stevo_666 said:

So it's wfh today.

Is there any chance the boys from oop North delivered it to a receiving depot (along with, err a shed load of other stuff for delivery) and then the boys at the receiving depot were meant to deliver the shed?
    I can't see how a they make a profit out of driving all that way in the wee hours just to deliver the shed unless it's some fancy titanium one.
    Not sure, they said they'd reschedule but not sure where they're stashing it in the meantime.
    "I spent most of my money on birds, booze and fast cars: the rest of it I just squandered." [George Best]
  • Stevo_666
    Anyhow, happy international Women's Day :)

• johngti
    johngti Posts: 2,508
    Morning. Busy morning of teaching. Great tutor session which ended up with me having to tell an arrogant 15yo off for failing to wind his neck in. Forgot my coffee this morning so this is my first chance to get a brew down. Nice class next for a double.
  • johngti
    johngti Posts: 2,508
    oxoman said:

Morning Slackers. WFW as usual, copped out on the ride in as running tonight. No snow here yet but supposedly getting a few flakes sometime today. Johngti ffs get a grip of your self, coffee is always first then rip the arrogant little 💩 a new arrishole for fun whilst high on caffeine.

Worst thing is, I’d made one to take with me first thing and left it on the kitchen counter. Again.
  • pinno
    johngti said:

Morning. Busy morning of teaching. Great tutor session which ended up with me having to tell an arrogant 15yo off for failing to wind his neck in. Forgot my coffee this morning so this is my first chance to get a brew down. Nice class next for a double.

Chuck your old cycling shoes at him.
  • veronese68
    veronese68 Posts: 27,249
    johngti said:

oxoman said:

Morning Slackers. WFW as usual, copped out on the ride in as running tonight. No snow here yet but supposedly getting a few flakes sometime today. Johngti ffs get a grip of your self, coffee is always first then rip the arrogant little 💩 a new arrishole for fun whilst high on caffeine.

Worst thing is, I’d made one to take with me first thing and left it on the kitchen counter. Again.
    Schoolboy error 😂
  • orraloon
    orraloon Posts: 12,608
    A good day with the volunteer squad in The Gardens, sunny but well nippy so physical work a good thing. We made a big difference tackling an area of old border and lawn which had been neglected for years, so the shrubs had gone into mega dead wood mode, the ash self sets were big and the brambles had gone rampant. Good job.

No snows round these parts as yet. Looks like will get a dusting tomorrow night. Spring, where are you?

Time for a glass, a nibble or 2, chill, races catch up.
  • pinno
    ...'well nippy'...

lol
  • pinno
    orraloon said:

...races catch up.

You'll fall asleep.

• Was supposed to snow here at 2pm. Went out at 10:30am to avoid it, blizzard by 11am! -1 degree all the way.

Managed 60km, had an issue with the rear wheel.

Detour to coffee shop as owner keeps tool there, fixed bike, coffee and cake and back home.

Finished with an additional 90mins on the turbo because there is clearly something wrong with me 😂
  • Stevo_666
    oxoman said:

Just got back in from club run and I've finally found the snow. Very fine and sticking as its -1 and falling. Roads are treacherous. Now enjoying finest espresso.

Doesn't coffee keep you awake drinking it this late on in the day Oxo? I prefer coffee in the morning and cider in the evening :)
  • tlw1
    Got to say gave the car a load of stick in the snow and it belaboured exceptionally well
  • pinno
    tlw1 said:

Got to say gave the car a load of stick in the snow and it belaboured exceptionally well

An empty car park?
    There's nothing like an empty car park in the snow.

#hereinlieshope
  • seanoconn
    seanoconn Posts: 11,318
    tlw1 said:

Belaboured? Is that one of the new words the cool kids are saying these days? Because I need to be kept in the loop. Ya feel me my G?
    Pinno, מלך אידיוט וחרא מכונאי
  • seanoconn

Was supposed to snow here at 2pm. Went out at 10:30am to avoid it, blizzard by 11am! -1 degree all the way.

Managed 60km, had an issue with the rear wheel.

Detour to coffee shop as owner keeps tool there, fixed bike, coffee and cake and back home.

Finished with an additional 90mins on the turbo because there is clearly something wrong with me 😂

Deffo something wrong with you cycling 60k yesterday and wanting more!
  • seanoconn
    Currently on the sofa bed downstairs as two upstairs are taking turns with the old Gastroenteritis. It does sound pretty. Hope no one’s pooped on my bed.
  • seanoconn
    pinno said:

orraloon said:

...races catch up.

You'll fall asleep.

Was a bit dull. Even the duel between the big two didn’t live up to expectations.
  • pinno
    seanoconn said:

pinno said:

orraloon said:

...races catch up.

You'll fall asleep.

Was a bit dull. Even the duel between the big two didn’t live up to expectations.
    Jumbo Visma mixed things up a bit in the cross wind which gave us a breif moment of excitement but in the end, it all came back together anyway,

Anyway - wherethefukaveywebin @seanoconn ?
  • seanoconn
    pinno said:

seanoconn said:

pinno said:

orraloon said:

...races catch up.

You'll fall asleep.

Jumbo Visma mixed things up a bit in the cross wind which gave us a breif moment of excitement but in the end, it all came back together anyway,

Anyway - wherethefukaveywebin @seanoconn ?
    Mooching about. Not got much planned today so can increase the level of bollox posted 👍
  • tlw1
    pinno said:

tlw1 said:

An empty car park?
    There's nothing like an empty car park in the snow.

#hereinlieshope
    Some and then the exit - 4 wheel drive and Michelin cross climate tyres kind of spoils the fun