saturday on a wave of phase

'ning

cold and gloomy grey, but not as cold and gloomygrey as it's going to be

ride up and down, cafes, bubbly
my bike - faster than god's and twice as shiny

Comments

• tlw1
    tlw1 Posts: 21,859
    Hounds, longish run, town with family for a meal and maybe escape to the pub later as he wants his mates over
  • pinno
    pinno Posts: 51,315
    Going to get colder so they say.

Methinks the only practical pedal today wot with various conflicting activities the DW's are doing, is on the plastic road.

Are you doing the silly 4hr run tomorrow TLW?
    seanoconn - gruagach craic!
  • Stevo_666
    Stevo_666 Posts: 58,406
    Usual Saturday stuff, with a bike ride featuring later. Best get one in before it starts raining and sleeting next week. Meanwhile, the hounds need stirring.

"I spent most of my money on birds, booze and fast cars: the rest of it I just squandered." [George Best]
  • johngti
    johngti Posts: 2,508
    Hello. Third day. Not going to complain about anything or bring problems to the table.

Plans for the day - watch Picard, go and collect Mrs GTi from the shop, lunch, few bits of coursework to mark, take the dog out, give the bike a service and put the granny gears on it ready for a ride next weekend. Definitely the last weekend of coursework marking. That’s been a blooming marathon.
  • Wheelspinner
    Wheelspinner Posts: 6,559
    Another day of gravel shovelling. Almost done at least, just a bit left to finish off in the morning.

Not much else achieved for the day. Grrrr.

Open One+ BMC TE29 Seven 622SL On One Scandal Cervelo RS
  • pinno
    johngti said:

Hello. Third day. Not going to complain about anything or bring problems to the table.

What?

• johngti
    pinno said:

johngti said:

What?

I have a habit of coming here to complain thereby consistently missing the point for which I apologise and bring the everyday minutiae of my life instead.
  • pinno
    johngti said:

pinno said:

johngti said:

What?

I have a habit of coming here to complain thereby consistently missing the point for which I apologise and bring the everyday minutiae of my life instead.
    Fair enough but sometimes this place is bereft of action (gory or otherwise) and it livens the place up.
  • veronese68
    veronese68 Posts: 27,294
    johngti said:

pinno said:

johngti said:

What?

Complaining, moaning and venting can help a person deal with the minutiae of life. Don't feel bad about it, it's certainly more interesting than the drudgery of me going to work and complaining about stupid questions.
  • pinno

johngti said:

pinno said:

johngti said:

What?

Complaining, moaning and venting can help a person deal with the minutiae of life. Don't feel bad about it, it's certainly more interesting than the drudgery of me going to work and complaining about stupid questions.
    1. being knocked off and 2. falling off - you've contributed.
  • Stevo_666
    edited March 2023
    johngti said:

Plans for the day - watch Picard, go and collect Mrs GTi from the shop, lunch, few bits of coursework to mark, take the dog out, give the bike a service and put the granny gears on it ready for a ride next weekend. Definitely the last weekend of coursework marking. That’s been a blooming marathon.

That's what we're here for - think of Pinno as your agony uncle. Actually, don't do that :)

Riding a bike, eh? :p Hope the forecast improves as it looks a bit soggy ne t weekend, although we all know how unreliable forecasts a week out can be.
    "I spent most of my money on birds, booze and fast cars: the rest of it I just squandered." [George Best]
  • Stevo_666
    Walked the hounds, we got talking to a few other owners as you do when the hounds stop to sniff each others arisses and chase around. One woman asked what breed ours was, so told her they were a cross between a cocker spaniel and a poodle (Cockerpoo). Asked her the same question and she explained her dog was a cross between a Shih Tzu and a Poodle. We both smiled :)
  • veronese68
    pinno said:

johngti said:

pinno said:

johngti said:

What?

1. being knocked off and 2. falling off - you've contributed.
    Great contributions, make you lot feel better about yourselves through my misfortune and incompetence 🤣

• veronese68
    Back to standard posting form.
    Traditional slow start was enjoyed, now debating what to do this afternoon. No kids around this weekend, female child got back to Brighton without any problems this time. Had a nice evening out with the EPO and a couple of friends last night, after a few in a local hostelry we went to a new Italian that's opened locally. Good basic scoff, just what we wanted.
  • beansnikpoh
    beansnikpoh Posts: 1,532
    A sh1tpoo, or a pootzu?

Rode up and down. Most enjoyable. Bleak on the tops, lush descents into the valleys.

• homers_double
    homers_double Posts: 8,001
    Well that didn’t end wel..,

Advocate of disc brakes.
  • homers_double

Advocate of disc brakes.
  • johngti
    Stevo_666 said:

Walked the hounds, we got talking to a few other owners as you do when the hounds stop to sniff each others arisses and chase around. One woman asked what breed ours was, so told her they were a cross between a cocker spaniel and a poodle (Cockerpoo). Asked her the same question and she explained her dog was a cross between a Shih Tzu and a Poodle. We both smiled :)

Ours is a proper destructive little bugger. Not that you’d know looking at him gazing wistfully in the direction the missus is in…fair to say the name suits him

• Stevo_666

:# What happened HD?
  • orraloon
    orraloon Posts: 12,667

Uh oh. Another contributor upcoming for the rehab threads?
  • Stevo_666
    johngti said:

Stevo_666 said:

Ours is a proper destructive little censored . Not that you’d know looking at him gazing wistfully in the direction the missus is in…fair to say the name suits him

More dogproofing of the house needed then?
  • johngti
    Stevo_666 said:

johngti said:

Stevo_666 said:

Ours is a proper destructive little censored . Not that you’d know looking at him gazing wistfully in the direction the missus is in…fair to say the name suits him

We remove all cushions from the sofas on the odd occasions when he’s going to be on his own, remote controls get put up out of reach, we’ve fitted enclosed cupboards instead of open bookcases, shoes and bags are never left around, and he gets left with a Kong full of paste and calming chews as well as a huge variety of toys. And I still come home wondering which item that it hasn’t occurred to us to move he’s suddenly decided to take an interest in while we were out!

On the other hand, he does love a good cuddle.
  • johngti
    Oh yeah. Cat flap. That’s the other thing he’s taken a liking to for destruction purposes!! The sodding cat flap! We’re on the third since December now.
  • johngti

Hope it’s not too bad HD
  • Stevo_666
    johngti said:

Stevo_666 said:

johngti said:

Stevo_666 said:

We remove all cushions from the sofas on the odd occasions when he’s going to be on his own, remote controls get put up out of reach, we’ve fitted enclosed cupboards instead of open bookcases, shoes and bags are never left around, and he gets left with a Kong full of paste and calming chews as well as a huge variety of toys. And I still come home wondering which item that it hasn’t occurred to us to move he’s suddenly decided to take an interest in while we were out!

On the other hand, he does love a good cuddle.
    Ah, OK. Ours don't do that apart from maybe nicking the odd sock but then they don't usually chew them. Keeping one of them inside the fenced area of the garden is our occasional challenge.
  • veronese68

Well that didn’t end wel..,

Oh dear, hope it's not too serious. I'd prefer not to have any company in the injuries department.
    I've just been out to the garage and was contemplating cleaning the green bike, but with forecast bad weather I just did the chain. It's nearly worn to .75 so I'll replace the chain and give the bike a good service when it warms up a little.
    Decided to change the coils on the car instead, wrong ones so put the old ones back and made a cup of tea.
  • pinno
    HD... calling HD... @homers_double... crzzz... what happened, what happened. Over?
    [Only a day since posting that 110 kph strava].
  • pinno

Another one for the caption comp..
  • webboo
    webboo Posts: 6,087
    Afternoon.
    Any plans I had for today were scuppered by helping the missus remove nails from the old garden fence, then sawing it in to pieces that would fit in the fire pit. That she nipped out to buy while I was removing the nails.
    I did ask if you are just burning the wood in fire pit why do you need to take the nails out. The reply was because she wanted them out, the look was you could end with being nailed to something if you are not careful. 😂
  • homers_double
    Pulled a collateral ligament apparently. I can weight bear but twisting is a no go…
    Back at the hotel
    Now after some food and a beer, hopefully a few weeks off should sort it but I’ll see.
    IM is not looking good :(
    Advocate of disc brakes.