ride cafes wfh and pre-laze lazing
my bike - faster than god's and twice as shiny

Comments

• pinno
    pinno Posts: 51,196
    Morning Moujiks

Brr again here too.
    ...and cloudy.

Today will be mowstly running around in circles.
    After school activates mean i'll be driving around in circles too.
    I'll pedal...
    seanoconn - gruagach craic!
  • tlw1
    tlw1 Posts: 21,831
    Youngest rugrat is 16 today 😳 I celebrated with a run and a few pints with friends last night as I don’t think I will escape to the pub this weekend as apparently he is arranging birthday related stuff all weekend. Mmmmmm got a 4 hr run on Saturday too

Work snizzle and then an Indian and a film (according to the birthday schedule)
  • Stevo_666
    Stevo_666 Posts: 58,167
    Caving today. Got my annual appraisal with the boss this afternoon but should be alright. Famous last words..
    "I spent most of my money on birds, booze and fast cars: the rest of it I just squandered." [George Best]
  • veronese68
    veronese68 Posts: 27,252
    Morning folks,
    WFH today, feels cool out, not that I've actually been outside. Made a coffee for the EPO and myself just now, said we should consider changing to espresso martinis as it's Friday. Off to one of the local hostelries later for refreshments.
    Happy birthday younger TLW, although at 16 I hope he's still got some of his liver left.
    Lad's got a job interview shortly for a grad scheme, fingers crossed. Good luck later Stevo, hopefully you haven't been rumbled yet.
  • Wheelspinner
    Wheelspinner Posts: 6,551
    Really rather nice day, better than forecast for sure. Had to go out and get stuff, took a detour to have a walk along a nice long beach for a change.

Spent a couple of hours setting up new iPad for Mum, expecting phone calls about it soon.

Bit of faffing about with a load of gravel then... drinks.

Open One+ BMC TE29 Seven 622SL On One Scandal Cervelo RS
  • pinno
    Local comoonity assos. want me to be involved with objection to local planning where the cooncil has consented to 60 new social houses in the local village.
    This after they were reluctant to support me in the bid to reduce the speed limit on grounds of remaining non-partisan.

Well, they can stuff themselves and they can have fun wrestling with their nimbyism.

Apparently, the houses will be single storey for elderly and disabled.

I said: Consent on the condition that these houses won't encroach too far towards the existing (quite new ironically) private houses or else risk having your objections over turned completely.
  • webboo
    webboo Posts: 6,087
    Afternoon
    Been shopping, walked the dogs and done some stretching so far today. I’m not sure I can bothered to do anything else, other than drink some wine.
  • pinno
    Nothing beats apple crumble and ice cream for lunch.
  • johngti
    johngti Posts: 2,508
    Look! Two days in a row! Migraine this morning. That cleared by lunchtime. Which was good because I’m now sitting in a hospital waiting room having taken my father in law to get a suspected detached retina checked out. #livingthehighlife
  • pinno
    johngti said:

...to get a suspected detached retina checked out. #livingthehighlife

Ooo.

Good luck to him.
  • johngti
    Cheers Pinno - he seems pretty relaxed about it but I think they’re going to want to fix it
  • pinno
    Well, you would want it fixed too.

So barring any incidents, ailments and catastrophe's in the near future, we might not hear from you soon?
  • beansnikpoh
    beansnikpoh Posts: 1,521
    Bought 6 hoooge nets of firewood for £24. Now to try and find somewhere to put it.
  • johngti
    pinno said:

Well, you would want it fixed too.

So barring any incidents, ailments and catastrophe's in the near future, we might not hear from you soon?

I’d say so!!
  • homers_double
    homers_double Posts: 7,978
    Evening, skied pretty fast today. 110kmh max :)
    And it wasn’t a GPS glitch either

https://strava.app.link/YLiz6py3Rxb

Peroni now in the bar
    Advocate of disc brakes.
  • veronese68
    veronese68 Posts: 27,252
    Looks glorious HD, I was going to follow you on Strava, then thought I don't need to see that kind of thing :D
  • homers_double
    homers_double Posts: 7,978
    You know you want to…
    Advocate of disc brakes.
  • pinno
    oxoman said:

pinno said:

Wrong Mr P, its has to be thick custard preferably made with full fat milk.
    You can have one or the other.

Let me educate you a bit Oxo:

I make my crumble slightly tart. The combination of the sweetness of the ice cream complements the tartness. See?
    Custard has it's place, don't get me wrong. I love custard.

Let's suck in our resident chubby bloke gastronome and see what he thinks.

@beansnikpoh
  • pinno
    [ If Mrs P thinks there will not be enough milk in the morning for her Latte, custard is off. That's the default setting].
  • orraloon
    orraloon Posts: 12,612
    I was educated by this old dear in the 'every little helps' supermarket today; she was busy loading into her trolley multiple packs of the 'Ms Molly's' digestive biscuits, the low price basic in-house brand about 1/5th of the cost of McVities. Apparently (she says) these combined with butter and sugar make fantastic crumble toppings.

I leave it to the wider opinion.

(When was the last time I made a crumble? 🤔 Might just have a wee play...)
  • sungod
    sungod Posts: 16,436
    pinno said:

oxoman said:

pinno said:

I make my crumble slightly tart. The combination of the sweetness of the ice cream complements the tartness. See?

@beansnikpoh
    used to stay at a place in paris that had a mini rhubarb crumble in the café gourmand, nom
    my bike - faster than god's and twice as shiny
  • johngti
    I like cream with fruit pies/crumbles more than both custard and ice cream. And I’m not going to apologise for that.

FIL is fine btw. Turns out that he’s just getting old
  • beansnikpoh
    beansnikpoh Posts: 1,521
    edited March 2023
    pinno said:

oxoman said:

pinno said:

@beansnikpoh
    Scoff scoff scoff. Did I hear my name?

Very cold thick cream with a nice hot cinnamony apple crumble.

Vanilla ice cream or custard equal second.
  • Stevo_666

Morning folks,
    WFH today, feels cool out, not that I've actually been outside. Made a coffee for the EPO and myself just now, said we should consider changing to espresso martinis as it's Friday. Off to one of the local hostelries later for refreshments.
    Happy birthday younger TLW, although at 16 I hope he's still got some of his liver left.
    Lad's got a job interview shortly for a grad scheme, fingers crossed. Good luck later Stevo, hopefully you haven't been rumbled yet.

I think I got away with it...
    "I spent most of my money on birds, booze and fast cars: the rest of it I just squandered." [George Best]
  • Stevo_666
    edited March 2023

Evening, skied pretty fast today. 110kmh max :)
    And it wasn’t a GPS glitch either

https://strava.app.link/YLiz6py3Rxb

Peroni now in the bar

That's not a shabby speed HD. Did you have one of those Darth Vader aero helmets on?
  • Stevo_666
    johngti said:

Look! Two days in a row! Migraine this morning. That cleared by lunchtime. Which was good because I’m now sitting in a hospital waiting room having taken my father in law to get a suspected detached retina checked out. #livingthehighlife

Ouch - hope they can fix him up, GTI.
  • tlw1
    tlw1 Posts: 21,831

You know you want to…

To be fair it’s a good follow
  • pinno
    sungod said:

pinno said:

oxoman said:

pinno said:

@beansnikpoh
    used to stay at a place in paris that had a mini rhubarb crumble in the café gourmand, nom
    Ooo. longing... much longing...

• pinno
    Stevo_666 said:

johngti said:

Keep up at the back.
    johngti said:

I like cream with fruit pies/crumbles more than both custard and ice cream. And I’m not going to apologise for that.

• Stevo_666
    edited March 2023
    pinno said:

Stevo_666 said:

johngti said:

Keep up at the back.
    johngti said:

Read that after I'd posted. Have a gold star for observation :smile: