wednesday simultaneity is neither here nor there

'ning

spring feels like winter

ride, wfh, meet up with eurochum for bubbly dinner
my bike - faster than god's and twice as shiny

Comments

• tlw1
    tlw1 Posts: 21,831
    Not that warm out on this mornings hybrid commute with thistle.

Work snizzle with too many meetings, bit of a ride back and then later is undecided, but may involve rest as legs are tired after a couple of runs and a bike ride yesterday
  • webboo
    webboo Posts: 6,087
    Morning
    Certainly feels like winter round here, the heating seems to be staying on for longer each day. Today will be walking the dogs if it stops raining and maybe a turbo session. Later will be the pub for a village meeting.
  • pinno
    pinno Posts: 51,195
    Bright and brr.

Me waiting around to meet plasterer bloke at rental shed #2.
    Occupant is a lazy tw@t.
    Also waiting around so that I can fix a snag at rental shed #3 with nursey's. They are doing night shifts so won't hear from them until they've had a kip.
    Will get assistance from rental shed #1 woman.

So, #1 not fun + expensive, #3 fun + cheap.
    seanoconn - gruagach craic!
  • beansnikpoh
    beansnikpoh Posts: 1,520
    Are you some kind of Rachman figure in SW Scotland Pinno?

Ridey ride into the chilly block headwind. Some dim bint rode into me at a red traffic light that I had inconsiderately stopped at. I'm sure there are more red light jumpers than there used to be.

Looking forward to the tailwind home, and some sunshine and warmth a fortnight tomorrow.
  • pinno
    pinno Posts: 51,195

Are you some kind of Rachman figure in SW Scotland Pinno?

I would be except rental yields in this part of the world aren't good.

seanoconn - gruagach craic!
  • Stevo_666
    Stevo_666 Posts: 58,149
    Dropped The Panzer off at local garage to get new brake pads fitted, rode home it promptly started raining. Sun came out after I arrived home, so expect to get more of the same when I ride over to pick it up later.

Good news I saved a good wedge by going local to get it done.
    "I spent most of my money on birds, booze and fast cars: the rest of it I just squandered." [George Best]
  • veronese68
    veronese68 Posts: 27,249
    Afternoon folks,
    Another day of fun in the orifice, except it's not much fun. As it's Wednesday I will be going to a pub later, rather closer to home tonight so I shall hobble rather than wobble. Still snotty, how long do I carry on before telling the quacks? EPO says call them, but it doesn't seem serious enough to me. But I was told if I ever got covid I had to report it as I'm in a high risk group, but didn't think I got it badly enough to warrant reporting it.
  • beansnikpoh
    beansnikpoh Posts: 1,520

Afternoon folks,
    Another day of fun in the orifice, except it's not much fun. As it's Wednesday I will be going to a pub later, rather closer to home tonight so I shall hobble rather than wobble. Still snotty, how long do I carry on before telling the quacks? EPO says call them, but it doesn't seem serious enough to me. But I was told if I ever got covid I had to report it as I'm in a high risk group, but didn't think I got it badly enough to warrant reporting it.

If you're going to work and the pub, and you're a bit snotty with no other symptoms, I don't think there's much point in going to the doctor is there? I mean, some colds linger for ages. If you were still breathless, achey, pyretic after this time then yep, get onto the doctor. However, if you're worried or (more to the point) the EPO is worried, it might be worth a reassuring trip/call anyway?
  • veronese68
    veronese68 Posts: 27,249

Afternoon folks,

if you're worried or (more to the point) the EPO is worried, it might be worth a reassuring trip/call anyway?
    I agree with the first bit, I feel well enough to go, but bad enough to leave a pub earlier than I would do normally. I know this is because I'm an idiot. The best reason for calling them is to try and facilitate a quiet life, we all know this should never be underestimated.