monday pineapples as emergent phenomena of gluon flux tube breaking

'ning

brrr

ride, nip into gmc, cafe, see what replaces dilbert in the paper, wfh, laze, bubbly
my bike - faster than god's and twice as shiny

Comments

• pinno
    pinno Posts: 51,195
    Morning Jackanapes

Bit cloudy overnight so less brr.

DW's to school for 1 day than 2 off then 2 on.
    Damn strikes.
    Shouldn't have voted Brexit.
    You'd think the £350 million per week the NHS is getting could be spread out a little bit more.

seanoconn - gruagach craic!
  • beansnikpoh
    beansnikpoh Posts: 1,520
    sungod said:

see what replaces dilbert in the paper

I saw that over the weekend. I didn't realise that the cartoonist was such a frother.

Brrr indeed. Got to use my new CO2 inflator. 99.9% sure that no glass or similar caused the flat - the brand new tyre seemed uncut, and I found nothing. It was the same inner tube that I kept unscrewing the valve core from last week while trying to pump it up, so I suspect it was that. V impressed with the speed of inflation, less so with the frostbitten hand.

Mrs B3 has started doing the NYT crossword online - is that one that you do sometimes @sungod?
  • webboo
    webboo Posts: 6,087
    Morning
    A bit damp here. I might have to do a few chores to earn my keep today then I may attempt some weights and things. I also appear to have about 10 bike races to watch.
  • tlw1
    tlw1 Posts: 21,831
    Work meh
  • pinno

sungod said:

I saw that over the weekend. I didn't realise that the cartoonist was such a frother.

Brrr indeed. Got to use my new CO2 inflator. 99.9% sure that no glass or similar caused the flat - the brand new tyre seemed uncut, and I found nothing. It was the same inner tube that I kept unscrewing the valve core from last week while trying to pump it up, so I suspect it was that. V impressed with the speed of inflation, less so with the frostbitten hand.
    Yep, wrap a glove or mitt around it before releasing.

• sungod
    sungod Posts: 16,433

sungod said:

Mrs B3 has started doing the NYT crossword online - is that one that you do sometimes @sungod?
    yep, though paper not the interweb, it's not hard, the big sunday one can be good

co2 can slip through butyl tubes much faster than air, might need inflating again in a day or two

best to tighten valve cores with pliers or metal core tool, new ones are often loosely fitted
    my bike - faster than god's and twice as shiny
  • pinno
    Some guy wrote about the difference between Co2 and Air in latex or butyl rubber.
    Not academic though interesting but he didn't write a conclusion.

https://patents.google.com/patent/WO1990007474A1/en
  • Stevo_666
    Stevo_666 Posts: 58,162
    Pre 6am start here but at least it's not pitch black any more when I get up. Bit chillier than expected based on the need to scrape ice off the windscreen and ears losing a bit of sensation part way into the ride. A hot shower, couple of coffees and a pasty has sorted that out though.
    "I spent most of my money on birds, booze and fast cars: the rest of it I just squandered." [George Best]
  • tlw1
    tlw1 Posts: 21,831
    Stevo_666 said:

Pre 6am start here but at least it's not pitch black any more when I get up. Bit chillier than expected based on the need to scrape ice off the windscreen and ears losing a bit of sensation part way into the ride. A hot shower, couple of coffees and a pasty has sorted that out though.

You must be able to heat yours from the app?
  • seanoconn
    seanoconn Posts: 11,318
    tlw1 said:

Stevo_666 said:

No app but heated screens, mirrors, seats and steering wheel makes a nice change from 10 mins scrapping and defrosting 😃
    Pinno, מלך אידיוט וחרא מכונאי
  • seanoconn
    seanoconn Posts: 11,318
    pinno said:

Some guy wrote about the difference between Co2 and Air in latex or butyl rubber.
    Not academic though interesting but he didn't write a conclusion.

https://patents.google.com/patent/WO1990007474A1/en

The method of producing ceramic products using a sludge of sewage treatment as a starting material was interesting. 🤬
    Pinno, מלך אידיוט וחרא מכונאי
  • beansnikpoh
    seanoconn said:

tlw1 said:

Stevo_666 said:

No app but heated screens, mirrors, seats and steering wheel makes a nice change from 10 mins scrapping and defrosting 😃
    See, you'd have been on the bicycle before you got the new warmed up car.

Heated front screens are great though - that's the one thing missing on the tank.
  • Stevo_666
    edited February 2023
    tlw1 said:

Stevo_666 said:

Nope, got to put the engine on the old fashioned way and get the blower going on the screen. Doesn't take long for the V8 to warm up luckily, although I'm probably not popular with the neighbours.
    "I spent most of my money on birds, booze and fast cars: the rest of it I just squandered." [George Best]
  • veronese68
    veronese68 Posts: 27,252
    Afternoon folks,
    Back in the orifice, deep joy. I had a choice between a small car and no heated screen or a bigger car with a heated screen. Went for the small one as even if I include the windscreen there's less glass area than just the side windows of the other one. Not a hard frost thankfully. Bicycle is betterer as there are no windows to scrape, shame about the slipperiness and gravity aspect I suffered.
    Much stupidity being fended off as usual. Onwards and upwards...
  • beansnikpoh
    Lovely tailwind home. Big plate of lemony-chickeney pasta. Bottle of proper job. Dog snoozing on the rug. Last of Us about to go on.
  • Stevo_666
    edited February 2023
    Just watching The Last of Us now with a large glass of plonk after a decent ride back.

Had a new joiner and a resignation today so modestly eventful as days in the office go. New joiner is rather attractive (in a milfy sort of way) and the leaver is an ugly bloke so we've improved the department :)
  • orraloon
    orraloon Posts: 12,608
    Thin cloud layer and nippy north wind but... hello to the greenish glow on the northern horizon. Not quite, well not all in the same league as some of the aurora pics from last night that lucky peeps have been posting but... Tick. 👍
  • pinno
    Dressed up like Michelin man and went out for a pedal.
    First decent long ride this year. Warmed up a little and was away in my own world.
    On the way back I was planning: shower, stretch, eat. Looked at the time on my compooter... 2.36pm and thought 'it's not been adjusted since the clocks went back, that gives me an hour and 1 hr 15 mins before picking up the DW's'.
    Then I saw Mrs P standing where she gets the bus sometimes. There's no buses until 2,40pm. Uh oh, I had adjusted the computer. Quick change of footwear and off in the car lickety split.