saturday here hare here

'ning

brrr, back to freezing

all along the watchtower ride cafes voodoo chile slight return bubbly
my bike - faster than god's and twice as shiny

Comments

• Stevo_666
    Stevo_666 Posts: 58,167
    Got a few bits n pieces to fo then we've got our former neighbours from Beckenham coming round. Later on is undecided but may try for a bike ride if I get the time.
    "I spent most of my money on birds, booze and fast cars: the rest of it I just squandered." [George Best]
  • pinno
    pinno Posts: 51,196
    Sun!

First thing t'was frosty but it's getting burnt off now.
    Once I get the DW's out the door, i'll go pedal.
    seanoconn - gruagach craic!
  • beansnikpoh
    beansnikpoh Posts: 1,521
    Mid length ride rid. 60 km or so. Bloody cold and cross-headwind homeward leg. Brrr. The only recovery food I can find is a bag of scratchings.
  • Third in a row of unusually hot and humid for us. Was low 30s, still and sticky. After a particularly good hamburger for lunch, I had a snooze for a couple of hours till the cool change blew through.

Civilised.
    Open One+ BMC TE29 Seven 622SL On One Scandal Cervelo RS
  • pinno
    Chilly ride but tail wind section with the sun on my back was lovely.

Found some vanilla ice cream and hand mixed it with 2 scoops of protein powder to make an ace recovery shake.
    [You can stuff your four sprung pork scratchings technik].
  • beansnikpoh
    beansnikpoh Posts: 1,521
    I didn't have the scratchings. That would be too grim. I had a glass of milk with chocolate powder.
  • tlw1
    tlw1 Posts: 21,831
    Gentle start after an evening of excess, then reasonable run followed by a local 5k race - winner winner chicken dinner.

New bike picked up, about to go for a little ride then pub for the rugby followed by town with friends
  • veronese68
    veronese68 Posts: 27,252
    Afternoon folks,
    Slowish start was enjoyed, then took the old dear shopping for a glass splashback. Unsurprisingly a complete waste of time. Was going to do a bit of pottering but got distracted watching Ireland/Italy, a better match than the scores would indicate. Now England/Wales with a brew.
  • pinno
    tlw1 said:

Gentle start after an evening of excess, then reasonable run followed by a local 5k race - winner winner chicken dinner.

Well done!

[Although running is silly]

• tlw1
    pinno said:

tlw1 said:

Well done!

Unless you win?
  • pinno
    tlw1 said:

pinno said:

tlw1 said:

Well done!

Unless you win?
    Yeah, ok.
  • veronese68
    tlw1 said:

pinno said:

tlw1 said:

Well done!

Unless you win?
    Still silly, just makes you the silliest surely 😝
  • pinno

tlw1 said:

pinno said:

tlw1 said:

Well done!

Unless you win?
    Logical.
  • Stevo_666
    I think running is a bit theoretical for me, Pinno and V68. We should leave those who can to enjoy it while they still have their original knee and hip joints :)
    "I spent most of my money on birds, booze and fast cars: the rest of it I just squandered." [George Best]
  • I would just f^^king *love* to be able to still run, even slowly. Much as I like riding my bikes (or did, anyway)... I've never had anywhere near the same endorphin trip from riding that I used to get out on a reasonably loooooong fast run.

It's more than 30 years ago now but I can still recall vividly the feeling one day I did a 16km out and back fairly flat trail run through fresh mountain air in a forest... and negative split it, came home to finish in a tick over 57 minutes. Felt effortless, like I could have turned round and done it again on the spot, just an awesome buzz.

And another time, a Christmas Day, on my own as was usual, went running in the rain, 27 deg C, and just floated through a bit over 30km around the city foreshore in Sydney, pretty much oblivious to the rest of the world.

I'm sure @tlw1 knows that vibe.

I love riding, always have, but running is an addiction.

Open One+ BMC TE29 Seven 622SL On One Scandal Cervelo RS
  • tlw1

tlw1 said:

pinno said:

tlw1 said:

Well done!

Unless you win?
    I was running for less time in the race than everyone else
  • tlw1

I would just f^^king *love* to be able to still run, even slowly. Much as I like riding my bikes (or did, anyway)... I've never had anywhere near the same endorphin trip from riding that I used to get out on a reasonably loooooong fast run.

It's more than 30 years ago now but I can still recall vividly the feeling one day I did a 16km out and back fairly flat trail run through fresh mountain air in a forest... and negative split it, came home to finish in a tick over 57 minutes. Felt effortless, like I could have turned round and done it again on the spot, just an awesome buzz.

And another time, a Christmas Day, on my own as was usual, went running in the rain, 27 deg C, and just floated through a bit over 30km around the city foreshore in Sydney, pretty much oblivious to the rest of the world.

100% so many runs are hard work and then something switches and it feels like you are gliding
  • veronese68
    tlw1 said:

pinno said:

tlw1 said:

Well done!

Unless you win?
    tlw1 said:

tlw1 said:

pinno said:

tlw1 said:

Well done!

Unless you win?
    I was running for less time in the race than everyone else
    Good point well made 😂
    I used to be able to run for miles when I were a lad, not fast over a short distance but could keep going. Everyone in the 6th form had to do the house cross country, my mates that were in the rugby team laughed at how slow I was beforehand. They all took off too fast, on the long draggy hill back I passed every one of them easily. Top 3 made up the school team next 2 were reserves. I came 7th out of 300, so second of those that didn't have to do it again which suited me.
  • Stevo_666
    tlw1 said:

I would just f^^king *love* to be able to still run, even slowly. Much as I like riding my bikes (or did, anyway)... I've never had anywhere near the same endorphin trip from riding that I used to get out on a reasonably loooooong fast run.

100% so many runs are hard work and then something switches and it feels like you are gliding
    For me, that's when I switch to a bike :p