friday anisotropic spacetime effects in quantum pineapples

'ning

brrr

ride, gmc foray, cafe, wfh, bubbly
my bike - faster than god's and twice as shiny

Comments

• Moaning,

Not quite as Brrr as yesterday and dry at the min but showers in the forecast...

Didn’t get a ride in last night due to arriving home later than anticipated – too many vehicles on the road, like driving in a constant drive-thro. Back to WFW today, No prospect of a ride today either, darts and a beer later as it’s poets day :)
  • Stevo_666
    Stevo_666 Posts: 58,167
    Decent sleep for a change as the snot monster seems to be relaxing his grip. Back in a slightly chilly cave for the day. Would have worked in the house but we still have the decorators in.
    "I spent most of my money on birds, booze and fast cars: the rest of it I just squandered." [George Best]
  • tlw1
    tlw1 Posts: 21,831
    Chilled start as family still away.

Work snizzle then unsure, trying to have a recovery week but got restless legs.

Ale later obviously
  • pinno
    pinno Posts: 51,196
    Haven't you got heating in that 'cave' Stevo?

Yep, windy brr.
    Mrs P had fun in the wind with the whirly gig. Then gave up.
    I discovered the insert in the ground had rusted up but - pulled out of the little concrete pile I made for it with my own bare hands waaaay back in '63* quite easily.

Find a tube... oh looky, the x cm I chopped off a 350mm carbon seatpost. Perfect.

*Some poetic license might have been used.

On another tack; both Vittoria Corsa 2.0 graphene's are dying.
    Do I make the swap to the 330 tpi Conti 5000's...?
    Decisions, decisions.
    seanoconn - gruagach craic!
  • Stevo_666
    pinno said:

Haven't you got heating in that 'cave' Stevo?

Yep, got a couple of wall mounted electric rads but tend to use a portable electric fan heater as I can stick it under my swivel chair and get the full benefit. Not cheap on cold days mind, as this is just a tarted up garage separate from the house with cr@p insulation.
    "I spent most of my money on birds, booze and fast cars: the rest of it I just squandered." [George Best]
  • webboo
    webboo Posts: 6,087
    Morning.
    Feeling a bit sore this morning, made the mistake of turning over in bed last night and my new hip wasn’t happy. Later will travelling to Borrowdale and much eating and drinking.
  • veronese68
    veronese68 Posts: 27,252
    Morning folks,
    wfh today so an easy gravity assisted commute down the stairs. Feels a bit brrr, not that I've been outside. EPO has given me the birthday present I bought her to try, it's rather good. It's a rechargeable heat pad thing that goes on an office chair, only on the lowest setting but remarkably toasty and cheap to run. Problem is I don't want to give it back to her now. Stevo should get one to ease his old bones when in the cave.
    Good to see the tradition of POETS day being kept alive Mr Croker, I try but only get an extra half hour and head to the pub at 5. Female child is coming up for the weekend and should meet us there which will be nice.
    Oh joy, another meeting sheduled, onwards and upwards...
  • WFW, probably a slightly earlier than usual bail to go shopping for some new trainers.
    Pack for skiing, sort bike and running stuff out for Saturdays training session followed by one or three G&T's.
    Advocate of disc brakes.
  • It's what us mere mortals have to do to prop up the aging (ie Pinno) population.
    Advocate of disc brakes.
  • Stevo_666

EPO has given me the birthday present I bought her to try, it's rather good. It's a rechargeable heat pad thing that goes on an office chair, only on the lowest setting but remarkably toasty and cheap to run. Problem is I don't want to give it back to her now. Stevo should get one to ease his old bones when in the cave.

I can always nip out and use the heated seats in The Panzer.

• orraloon
    orraloon Posts: 12,612
    An actual bike ride! First in 3 weeks, due to weather and other stuff to do. Forecast said sunny spells and indeed 'twas.

Couple of pics from today to cheer up the desk jockeys.

• veronese68
    That looks alright 'loon, I always imagine Sweatland as looking more like this

• veronese68
    Stevo_666 said:

EPO has given me the birthday present I bought her to try, it's rather good. It's a rechargeable heat pad thing that goes on an office chair, only on the lowest setting but remarkably toasty and cheap to run. Problem is I don't want to give it back to her now. Stevo should get one to ease his old bones when in the cave.

I can always nip out and use the heated seats in The Panzer.

Good idea, it ran out of charge so I had to do wihout for a while, back up and running now. If I get a heated mouse it will be the equivalent of TLW's heated steering wheel
  • beansnikpoh
    beansnikpoh Posts: 1,521
    Lovely short ride on brand new rubber on front and rear, clean and lubed chain, fettled gears, tweaked brake levers.

Longer one tomorrow a.m. I hope.
  • pinno
    orraloon said:

An actual bike ride! First in 3 weeks, due to weather and other stuff to do. Forecast said sunny spells and indeed 'twas.

Loch Ken?
  • pinno

Lovely short ride on brand new rubber on front and rear, clean and lubed chain, fettled gears, tweaked brake levers.

Longer one tomorrow a.m. I hope.

I need new rubber. Heck.
  • pinno
    edited February 2023

It's what us mere mortals have to do to prop up the aging (ie Pinno) population.

Oi ! Oxoman, VN68, Stevo, SG, WS, 'Loon and Webboo are all older than me. That's 420 years between them.
  • veronese68
    pinno said:

It's what us mere mortals have to do to prop up the aging (ie Pinno) population.

Oi ! Oxoman, VN68, Stevo, SG, WS, 'Loon and Webboo are all older than me. That's 420 years between them.
    But we're young at heart 😁
  • pinno
    What yer sayin' ?

• Stevo_666
    pinno said:

Most of us have hips that are older than yours :)
  • pinno
    Stevo_666 said:

pinno said:

Nah nah nah nah.
    Let me see.. Webboo is 1, the rest of you 12... 13 hips. That's £8k per hip. Financial ticking time bomb the lot of you.
  • Stevo_666
    pinno said:

Stevo_666 said:

pinno said:

Nah nah nah nah.
    Let me see.. Webboo is 1, the rest of you 12... 13 hips. That's £8k per hip. Financial ticking time bomb the lot of you.
    That's the spirit - Pensionaz With Attitude :)
  • orraloon
    orraloon Posts: 12,612
    pinno said:

orraloon said:

Loch Ken?
    Nah, ye ken that wisnae Loch Ken. Down on the coast, Almorness Point opp Rockcliffe, Horse Isles Bay. Lovely spot, reach the end of the estate house tarmac access road (Scotland innit) then 1-2km of woodland gravel. Cars need to be left further back before the road end, which means proper walkers (or bikelists) rather than fatso littering gadgies.
  • pinno
    orraloon said:

Nah, ye ken that wisnae Loch Ken. Down on the coast, Almorness Point opp Rockcliffe, Horse Isles Bay. Lovely spot, reach the end of the estate house tarmac access road (Scotland innit) then 1-2km of woodland gravel. Cars need to be left further back before the road end, which means proper walkers (or bikelists) rather than fatso littering gadgies.

Didn't know you could get access that way.

• Stevo_666
    Wonder who decided to call a Lake Ken?
  • pinno
    'Cos Loch Stevo just doesn't work.
  • sungod
    sungod Posts: 16,435
    oxoman said:

Speak for yourself Mr P, my hips are in full working order. 💪

meet too, just a few screws, hollow titanium ones to save weight of course
    my bike - faster than god's and twice as shiny
  • Stevo_666
    pinno said:

'Cos Loch Stevo just doesn't work.

How about Loch Jimmy then. So when you and Loon visit, you can say 'CU Jimmy'...