wednesday on the roof with christine

'ning

cafe stroll, wfh, laze, more bubbly
my bike - faster than god's and twice as shiny

Comments

• tlw1
    tlw1 Posts: 21,831
    I try to not wish my life away but Jesus wish this week was over.

Yesterday work was shoot but managed a ride with a pal and then a walk with another so had a giggle.

Later is a run and a swim
  • seanoconn
    seanoconn Posts: 11,318
    Decidedly soggy ride in but not unpleasant. Cozy waterproof cocoon lasted for a few miles before the water soaked through my shoes. New car day tomorrow so will have a choice whether to pedal in the rain 🌧️ 🤔
    Pinno, מלך אידיוט וחרא מכונאי
  • tlw1
    seanoconn said:

Decidedly soggy ride in but not unpleasant. Cozy waterproof cocoon lasted for a few miles before the water soaked through my shoes. New car day tomorrow so will have a choice whether to pedal in the rain 🌧️ 🤔

Pics of new motor?
  • seanoconn
    tlw1 said:

seanoconn said:

Pics of new motor?
    10k budget so nothing too exciting. Not a fan of chunky SUV’s and nobody seems to want saloons anymore so managed to get a fair deal.

Lots of gadgets and a TLW1 style heated steering wheel was a must. 👍 😂

• tlw1
    seanoconn said:

tlw1 said:

seanoconn said:

Pics of new motor?
    10k budget so nothing too exciting. Not a fan of chunky SUV’s and nobody seems to want saloons anymore so managed to get a fair deal.

Bargain!

I do love my heated steering wheel
  • pinno
    pinno Posts: 51,196
    This is not good Seano.
    You've toughened up.
    You've got fitter.
    You have braved the elements.
    You become a proper communter doing the hard miles.

...and now you're going to chuck it all away with the slightest whiff of drizzle or a gentle puff of wind.
    seanoconn - gruagach craic!
  • pinno
    Morning troglodytes, bashi bazouks, iconoclasts and coelacanths.

Bright, cooler. Bleedin teachers strike innit so finding stuff for the DW's to do.
    Trying to get Microsoft office on to my new 17.3" laptop. Ith very nithe.
  • beansnikpoh
    beansnikpoh Posts: 1,521
    seanoconn said:

tlw1 said:

seanoconn said:

Pics of new motor?

Looks like a lot of car for £10k. I think that's what Mrs B3 sprang for the mini. That does not have a heated steering wheel.

I left the bike at work last night, due to going for dinner. Umbrella, train, wet feet this morning. Riding back tonight though.
  • Stressy morning because of small kids but I can now manage stairs after a session with a thurra gun.
    Work stuff today, a bit of shopping at lunch hopefully followed by a run tonight.
    Advocate of disc brakes.
  • early morning core strength exercises in front of a Quick step Wolfpack video… then a brutal 40 minute session on the turbo… it’s not even 10 AM and I am done for the day. Open day at Uni later, telling kids why they should come to our Department rather than another thay have shortlisted. Students increasingly shy and hiding behind their parents… when I was their age I was travelling Europe with an Inter rail ticket and sleeping rough half the time to save money… something has changed… 😁
    left the forum March 2023
  • Stevo_666
    Stevo_666 Posts: 58,166
    edited February 2023
    seanoconn said:

tlw1 said:

seanoconn said:

Pics of new motor?

Does it have an ejector seat for when Mrs, Seano starts back seat driving? :smile: Looks quite sleek.
    "I spent most of my money on birds, booze and fast cars: the rest of it I just squandered." [George Best]
  • Stevo_666
    Morning Peeps,

Day in the cave after 2 days up in town on the trot. Still feeling feeling snotty and bunged up but much tax to be mitigated so better down some more coffee and press on.
    "I spent most of my money on birds, booze and fast cars: the rest of it I just squandered." [George Best]
  • It certainly has, and most defiantly not for the best.

At my sons age (19) I'd gutted my girlfriends (now wife) house and mostly rewired it myself.
    He struggles to put wet towels on a radiator.
    Advocate of disc brakes.
  • seanoconn
    pinno said:

This is not good Seano.
    You've toughened up.
    You've got fitter.
    You have braved the elements.
    You become a proper communter doing the hard miles.

...and now you're going to chuck it all away with the slightest whiff of drizzle or a gentle puff of wind.

I’ve been trying to eat more to counteract the extra fitness.
  • seanoconn
    Stevo_666 said:

seanoconn said:

tlw1 said:

seanoconn said:

Pics of new motor?

Does it have an ejector seat for when Mrs, Seano starts back seat driving? :smile: Look quite sleek.
    I wish. I’m a pretty chilled safe driver and having the missus gripping the seats and stamping an imaginary brake every time I make a manoeuvre does get irritating.

Anyway, you should see her on a plane!
  • Stevo_666
    seanoconn said:

Stevo_666 said:

seanoconn said:

tlw1 said:

seanoconn said:

Pics of new motor?

Does it have an ejector seat for when Mrs, Seano starts back seat driving? :smile: Look quite sleek.
    I wish. I’m a pretty chilled safe driver and having the missus gripping the seats and stamping an imaginary brake every time I make a manoeuvre does get irritating.

Anyway, you should see her on a plane!
    I guess skydiving is off the menu as an anniversary treat then.
  • pinno

when I was their age I was travelling Europe with an Inter rail ticket and sleeping rough half the time to save money… 😁

Yep, that was me.
    The previous year at 17, I went off to Germany via Paris by Eurolines bus on my jimmy todd.

• seanoconn
    oxoman said:

Morning all. Usual stuff happening. Like the car, yoda certainly come on along way. A few years ago that would have been an expensive skip. The younger generations have become risk averse due to elf and safety. At 14 I was with mates wild camping around Snowdonia during the summer months.

Yep the Skoda sign is a bit confusing. It’s a Vauxhall.

When I was as school, “your dad drives a Skoda/Lada” were among the usual playground insults.
  • pinno
    What do you call a Skoda with a sunroof?
    - A skip
    What's the difference between a Skoda and a sheep?
    - It's less embarrassing coming out of the back of a sheep.
    Why has a Skoda got a heated rear windscreen?
    - So you can keep your hands warm when you push it.

• oxoman said:

Morning all. Usual stuff happening. Like the car, yoda certainly come on along way. A few years ago that would have been an expensive skip. The younger generations have become risk averse due to elf and safety. At 14 I was with mates wild camping around Snowdonia during the summer months.

There is that, but they don't even seem to have an appetite for independence. They just want a room with a bed to lie on and chat on tik tok... we wanted everything
    left the forum March 2023
  • veronese68
    veronese68 Posts: 27,252
    Christine, the strawberry girl?
    Afternoon folks, another delightful day in the orifice. Not quite as bunged up as I have been the last few days, unfortunately this means my nose is running like a tap.
    Good luck with the open day Ugo, the lad completely changed his mind after doing the open days. Bath went from first choice to off the list and Birmingham went from back up to first choice. He's not your average kid by any stretch, spoke to people and worked it out for himself asking us for a bit of guidance occasionally. At 18 he was working on a dairy farm in NZ for 4 months before travelling NZ, Oz and SE Asia. The girl wanted to travel but her plans were scuppered by the pandemic, between that and her chronic fatigue she's had a tough time of it. The difference between the two really is night and day.
    Car looks good Seano, certainly rather that than an SUV.
  • webboo
    webboo Posts: 6,087
    Afternoon
    Exercises done, dogs walked then out for a coffee with a mate. Followed by longest walk since the op, legs now rather stiff.
  • orraloon
    orraloon Posts: 12,612
    pinno said:

- A skip

Oi, lego-boy, don't be dissing the Octavia SE Tech estate like wot I got, into which I can insert my bike without removing a wheel.

Wednesday on the rock garden with the volunteers and trainees team: luvverly day with actual sunny sunshine. Knacked now, coffee then a beer then a glass of wine then slumbers beckon.
  • beansnikpoh
    beansnikpoh Posts: 1,521
    orraloon said:

pinno said:

- A skip

Oi, lego-boy, don't be dissing the Octavia SE Tech estate like wot I got, into which I can insert my bike without removing a wheel.

Wednesday on the rock garden with the volunteers and trainees team: luvverly day with actual sunny sunshine. Knacked now, coffee then a beer then a glass of wine then slumbers beckon.
    I think I can actually ride my bike in the boot of the tank, though pulling a wheelie might be a bit tight.
  • pinno
    orraloon said:

pinno said:

- A skip

Keep up at the back big yin. I was recalling old Skoda jokes.
    And yes, they have come a long way. I was an inch away from buying an Octavia. The only downside is depreciation of the marque for some reason.

• sungod
    sungod Posts: 16,434
    oxoman said:

seanoconn said:

oxoman said:

When I was as school, “your dad drives a Skoda/Lada” were among the usual playground insults.
    🤔😖😳DOH. Oopsie my bad.
    the vauxhall owners, they dream of skoda
    my bike - faster than god's and twice as shiny
  • Stevo_666
    sungod said:

oxoman said:

seanoconn said:

oxoman said:

🤔😖😳DOH. Oopsie my bad.
    Maybe Seano was trying to pretend his Vauxhall was a Skoda to get extra street cred :smile:
  • pinno
    sungod said:

oxoman said:

seanoconn said:

oxoman said:

🤔😖😳DOH. Oopsie my bad.
    Someone's part x'd Seano's Vauxhall for a Skoda.
  • seanoconn
    pinno said:

sungod said:

oxoman said:

seanoconn said:

oxoman said:

🤔😖😳DOH. Oopsie my bad.
    Someone's part x'd Seano's Vauxhall for a Skoda.
    Bingo. Skoda Kodiaq in fact. One of the better looking SUV’s.
  • seanoconn
    Similar spec Skoda Superb, age and mileage, 5 grand more than the Vauxhall.