sunday stations of the crass

'ning

bit nippier

more ride more cafes more decadence
my bike - faster than god's and twice as shiny

Comments

• seanoconn
    seanoconn Posts: 11,318
    Morning. Kids football, way too early, followed by entertaining of children, football/basketball then will have to think of something for dinner.
    Pinno, מלך אידיוט וחרא מכונאי
  • pinno
    pinno Posts: 51,195
    Morning Pestilential pachyderms

It's dull again.
    Chores...
    The DW's to swimming taxi duty.
    (although the DTW is sounding rough and might miss out).
    Stud.io.
    seanoconn - gruagach craic!
  • Stevo_666
    Stevo_666 Posts: 58,162
    Still producing unfeasibly large amounts of snot so may try to flush it out with a bike ride this afternoon. But not before I've been dragged to the local garden centre...
    "I spent most of my money on birds, booze and fast cars: the rest of it I just squandered." [George Best]
  • webboo
    webboo Posts: 6,087
    Morning.
    Exercises done, dogs walked. I might dabble with the turbo again at some point. Then there’s the cycling to watch and I didn’t manage to watch all yesterdays races.
  • tlw1
    tlw1 Posts: 21,831
    Chilled start after a night of excess at a pals.

Current wife has been trying to out sprint me up the hills on her new cheat bike, I won but there wasn’t much in it

Later is more biking and cleaning up the race bike for sale, as I need the room for the new bike

Obviously followed by the pub
  • veronese68
    veronese68 Posts: 27,252
    Afternoon folks,
    Not quite as traditional slow start as usual as it's the EPO's birthday. Keeping her happy is the main priority for today. Leg is a little achy after the short walk yesterday which is tedious, need to do a bit more I suspect. Also still bunged up.
    How did HD get on I wonder, silly idea if you ask me.
  • Stevo_666
    Must be spring already as I went for a pedal and had to remove a layer half way up the North Downs Ridge (got to the top and a bloke coming the other way shouted 'well done' :) ) Then near the end saw a bloke mowing his lawn.
    "I spent most of my money on birds, booze and fast cars: the rest of it I just squandered." [George Best]
  • @V68

Pretty good to be honest, I’ll never win anything or set records alight but there you go.
    Advocate of disc brakes.
  • webboo
    webboo Posts: 6,087

@V68

Pretty good to be honest, I’ll never win anything or set records alight but there you go.

I presume you stopped for lunch mid race. :D
  • tlw1
    tlw1 Posts: 21,831
    Awesome- well done HD
  • veronese68
    veronese68 Posts: 27,252
    edited February 2023
    Well done HD, still think it's a silly idea 😂
    If you'd run the other way you'd have passed my grandparents old flat, it's 'kin bleak and desolate along that seafront in winter.
  • beansnikpoh
    beansnikpoh Posts: 1,520
    Went for a walk by the seas, drove back. Google said do the M5/M4 due to congestion on A303. Put the pricey petrol in the tank. Started at 430 miles remaining for a full tank according to the display. Drove 190 miles pretty carefully, arrived home with the display saying 420 miles remaining for just under 3/4 tank. The cheap unleaded definitely gets used up quicker. Or the indicator is b0llocks.
  • Stevo_666

Went for a walk by the seas, drove back. Google said do the M5/M4 due to congestion on A303. Put the pricey petrol in the tank. Started at 430 miles remaining for a full tank according to the display. Drove 190 miles pretty carefully, arrived home with the display saying 420 miles remaining for just under 3/4 tank. The cheap unleaded definitely gets used up quicker. Or the indicator is b0llocks.

Long motorway journey - average mpg goes up - trip computer estimates how far you get on the rest of the tank based on your average mpg, which can sometimes go up even as you're burning fuel. Happens on mine sometimes.
  • Thanks chaps (and webboo), yes the steak sandwich at mile 6 went down a treat.

Yes it was bleak.
    Advocate of disc brakes.
  • pinno
    pinno Posts: 51,195

Well done HD, still think it's a silly idea 😂

T'was exactly what I was going to say.

seanoconn - gruagach craic!