friday under the shade of a coolibah tree

'ning

gloomygrey but not nippy

cafe stroll, wfh, laze, bubbly outing
my bike - faster than god's and twice as shiny

Comments

• Hit 35C here today, and windy. Not pleasant.
    Open One+ BMC TE29 Seven 622SL On One Scandal Cervelo RS
  • Stevo_666
    Stevo_666 Posts: 58,163
    Half way down the M4 on the way to a funeral in the West Country. Weather is suitably grey and drizzly. Not family, but a good mate of mines Old Man died and he needs a bit of support.
    "I spent most of my money on birds, booze and fast cars: the rest of it I just squandered." [George Best]
  • tlw1
    tlw1 Posts: 21,831
    Wheelspinner 🖕🏼

Actually mild here but no sun. Too many meetings for a Friday all of which are delaying either a run or a swim then the pub
  • seanoconn
    seanoconn Posts: 11,318
    Gloomy grey, shorts on for the first time in a while. Roll on the weekend.
    Pinno, מלך אידיוט וחרא מכונאי
  • pinno
    pinno Posts: 51,195
    Morning cataplasms

Windy but not too bad. Worst of Otto is elsewhere methinks for a change.
    Thought I was mortally wounded when lunatic cat Beans slipped off the bed headboard (trying to get Mrs P's attention for food*) but i've survived all be it with a nice scratch on me bonce.

*He's worked out her alarm.

It's August in Taz innit WS?
    My brother is in soggy Auckland. That'll teach him.
    seanoconn - gruagach craic!
  • webboo
    webboo Posts: 6,087
    Morning
    Today might be an attempt to use the turbo as I found I could get on it and pedal with no pain. There may be some weights lifted at some point as well as some cycling watched.
  • orraloon
    orraloon Posts: 12,608
    Bright cold and windy. New greenhouse looks at storm Otto and says 'pah'. Roofer guy been to measure up, maybe this time I'll actually get an estimate rather than silence.

A committee meeting of area wheelers' group this pm, my first since I said 'ok, I'll do it' when the request for someone to fill the role of treasurer was greeted with averted eyes and foot shuffling. Cheque books, cash books, balance sheets... old school.
  • Just one pint...

I'll bumble through today and hopefully get out on the bike as its Early Finish Friday!

Ski service this weekend. Mmmmmm hot wax and P-tex.
    Advocate of disc brakes.
  • pinno said:

Morning cataplasms

Windy but not too bad. Worst of Otto is elsewhere methinks for a change.
    Thought I was mortally wounded when lunatic cat Beans slipped off the bed headboard (trying to get Mrs P's attention for food*) but i've survived all be it with a nice scratch on me bonce.

*He's worked out her alarm.

It's August in Taz innit WS?
    My brother is in soggy Auckland. That'll teach him.

Kind of.

I'm generally not too worried about hot weather, although Other Half doesn't do well in it at all. However, today we'd arranged to meet a dozen other people up the coast for lunch. So, 300 km round trip in a convertible, roof down, with an aircon system dead, in 35C heat with 40km/h winds was perhaps not the best combo.

*Slightly* crispy frazzled this evening.

• @ws sounds like my tongue feels.
    Advocate of disc brakes.
  • veronese68
    veronese68 Posts: 27,252
    Morning folks,
    Another fun day of wfh lies ahead of me. Just had a bit of a rant at the bosses, told them they could keep asking people to do more but when they're already overworked, underpaid, stressed and thoroughly hacked off there was only going to be one outcome and it really wouldn't help mattters, at least not for those left behind. Believe it or not I bit my tongue and didn't swear. Was met with platitudes which i said really wasn't good enough.
    I had a customer in Adelaide contact me this morning asking for help. Told me how warm it was and that he had a cold beer as it was Friday afternoon, he got the only possible response.
    Pesky work, do they think they're paying for my time, started this an hour ago before getting interrupted and having to do what I'm paid to do. The cheek of it.
    Good luck 'loon, I was treasurer of the lad's scout group for a few years. Talk about a thankless task.
    As Seano said, roll on the weekend.
  • @ws sounds like my tongue feels.

Have you been licking battery terminals again?
  • webboo
    webboo Posts: 6,087
    Weights and fingerboard done. Dogs walked and 20 minutes on the turbo with no discomfort. I could sit with my hands on the bars in various positions which might not sound much but I was struggling to do this pre op.
    Just some cycling to watch and keep admiring the new floor that the wife choose.
  • Stevo_666
    Stevo_666 Posts: 58,163
    Back from a rather grey and drizzly Weston Super Mare and now getting stuck into the fermented grape juice after a long drive. My mate did very well, I know that I couldn't have done a reading at either of my parents funerals without losing my s**t. But good to catch up with a few old friends.
    "I spent most of my money on birds, booze and fast cars: the rest of it I just squandered." [George Best]