'ning

possibly soggy

ride, gmc sortie for coffee and a natter with chum, bail, cafe, wfh, bubbly
my bike - faster than god's and twice as shiny

Comments

• pinno
    pinno Posts: 51,196
    Morning Clumsy-footed quadrupeds

Bit dull and a bit drizzly but as calm as you like before the impending windy stuff. Fits the cliché. Hope 'Loons puzzle holds up.

Quiet one after yesterday's excitement.

Laters.
    Be good.
    Stay upright.
    seanoconn - gruagach craic!
  • tlw1
    tlw1 Posts: 21,831
    Physio later to see if I can up the training, then a gentle run or a swim
  • Stevo_666
    Stevo_666 Posts: 58,166
    Dropped the Panzer off at the stealers for its service and MOT, just waiting for a train into town. Today is my Friday though.
    "I spent most of my money on birds, booze and fast cars: the rest of it I just squandered." [George Best]
  • pinno
    pinno Posts: 51,196
    tlw1 said:

What's the aim? Come on spill...
    seanoconn - gruagach craic!
  • seanoconn
    seanoconn Posts: 11,318
    Pedal pedal pedal, every day, rain or shine. Might buy a new (used) car today if they’re prepared to haggle.
    Pinno, מלך אידיוט וחרא מכונאי
  • Stevo_666
    seanoconn said:

Pedal pedal pedal, every day, rain or shine. Might buy a new (used) car today if they’re prepared to haggle.

Whatcha looking at Seano? Anything interesting?
    "I spent most of my money on birds, booze and fast cars: the rest of it I just squandered." [George Best]
  • webboo
    webboo Posts: 6,087
    Morning
    Wet and very dull here. Today will the last for the floor fitters hopefully. More exercises and dog walking if it dries up. Oh and I might watch some cycling.
  • tlw1
    tlw1 Posts: 21,831
    pinno said:

tlw1 said:

What's the aim? Come on spill...
    Only got one ultra booked this year so will wait and see if the knee holds up and if so I fancy doing the southern loop of the Shropshire way
  • orraloon
    orraloon Posts: 12,612
    Aye, wind will ramp up a bit overnight so will be a test for The Puzzle. I have one louvre unglazed pending a bit of glazing bar adjustment so not 100% windtight, but that fettle is not for today, too drizzly, mucky, meh. Today will be mowstly fiddling about indoors, admin, clean up post stove fitting, wonder what to do with the washerload of wet towels etc. Take it easy old man.
  • seanoconn
    seanoconn Posts: 11,318
    Stevo_666 said:

seanoconn said:

Not really, all relative I guess. Currently haggling. Got £200 off and free £100 delivery. Trying to get an extra £50 off, which they said they can’t do. Most people probably wouldn’t quibble about £50 but they’re not dealing with a normal sane person. I’ll give them an hour to sweat and if they don’t call back I’ll have to call with my tail between my legs.
    Pinno, מלך אידיוט וחרא מכונאי
  • Stevo_666
    seanoconn said:

Stevo_666 said:

seanoconn said:

Not really, all relative I guess. Currently haggling. Got £200 off and free £100 delivery. Trying to get an extra £50 off, which they said they can’t do. Most people probably wouldn’t quibble about £50 but they’re not dealing with a normal sane person. I’ll give them an hour to sweat and if they don’t call back I’ll have to call with my tail between my legs.
    £50? Go big or go home :)
  • Afternoon class, been for a swim and got an ear full of water which is vibrating like an angry wasp.
    Stuff to do and lots of planning of trips as well as skis to wax.
    And some training to do in between...
    Advocate of disc brakes.
  • veronese68
    veronese68 Posts: 27,252
    Afternoon folks,
    Another day of wfh, still feeling a bit grotty but tested negative at least. Going to stay wfh until next week i suspect. Currently in a Teams meeting for senior management, not sure why as I'm not management. How much time is wasted on these things? Oops, good job I had one ear open. They just mentioned something I had to stick my oar in on.
    Celebrated my negativity by venturing over to the new Lidl round the corner, I did wear a mask, somehow resisted buying a lathe.
    Meeting over now so I can get on with some work...
  • Stevo_666

Afternoon folks,
    Another day of wfh, still feeling a bit grotty but tested negative at least. Going to stay wfh until next week i suspect. Currently in a Teams meeting for senior management, not sure why as I'm not management. How much time is wasted on these things? Oops, good job I had one ear open. They just mentioned something I had to stick my oar in on.
    Celebrated my negativity by venturing over to the new Lidl round the corner, I did wear a mask, somehow resisted buying a lathe.
    Meeting over now so I can get on with some work...

Not sure what's worse, Covid or a snotty cold. Had one last summer and currently have the other. At least I can still go to that funeral tomorrow.
  • Stevo_666
    edited February 2023
    Whoops double post.
  • Stevo_666
    edited February 2023
    Whoops, triple post. Doh.