wednesday waiting for the cat bus

'ning

not quite as nippy

ride cafes walk like an egyptian wfh laze, more bubbly
my bike - faster than god's and twice as shiny

Comments

• tlw1
    tlw1 Posts: 21,859
    Bike mechanic back today for a few other jobs, this time out of the slush fund.

Work snizzle, running later with less bubbly afterwards
  • pinno
    pinno Posts: 51,315
    Morning Chowderheads

It's actually duller than it was yesterday (and wet too).
    Good job I squeezed that pedal in yesterday.
    Nursey tenants do the signing today. Wahey! I bought them a nice bottle of Vino.

I'm a foreign type but I don't have a Hookah pipe.
    seanoconn - gruagach craic!
  • webboo
    webboo Posts: 6,087
    Morning
    Feeling a bit broken this morning, I didn’t do much yesterday but got pretty cold with the floor fitters having the doors open and still being on blood thinners.
    I think the fitters might wish Smartie the cat had caught the bus instead of walking across the screed they’d put down.
  • Stevo_666
    Stevo_666 Posts: 58,415
    The snot monster has got me, luckily the cave is a good isolation ward as well as a home office.
    "I spent most of my money on birds, booze and fast cars: the rest of it I just squandered." [George Best]
  • homers_double
    homers_double Posts: 8,002
    edited February 2023
    Morning, for my (well not mine really) sins I’m in the Wirral.
    Might get a Zwift session in when I’m home followed by a brick run.
    Advocate of disc brakes.
  • orraloon
    orraloon Posts: 12,667
    Never seen a cat bus. Or a cat on a bus. Or indeed a bus on a cat. Seen a cat-less car when some thieving pikey scrotes were on the pull.

10 consecutive busy busy days, tomorrow will be a late start... another good volunteer sesh in The Beautiful Gardens, clearing out bramble invasion in the secret garden plus clearing herbaceous borders ready for spring. Bring it on.

V little energy so another ready meal (2 nights in a row, jings crivvens etc) so gone for a haggis, neeps and tatties. I sense a wee dram a-comin' my way.
  • sungod
    sungod Posts: 16,517
    orraloon said:

Never seen a cat bus. Or a cat on a bus. Or indeed a bus on a cat. Seen a cat-less car when some thieving pikey scrotes were on the pull.

10 consecutive busy busy days, tomorrow will be a late start... another good volunteer sesh in The Beautiful Gardens, clearing out bramble invasion in the secret garden plus clearing herbaceous borders ready for spring. Bring it on.

V little energy so another ready meal (2 nights in a row, jings crivvens etc) so gone for a haggis, neeps and tatties. I sense a wee dram a-comin' my way.

where have you been, not seen the cat bus indeed...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vPOgiR5aUWE
  • Stevo_666
    Stevo_666 Posts: 58,415
    orraloon said:

Flags at half mast at Chateau Loon?
    https://telegraph.co.uk/business/2023/02/15/nicola-sturgeon-leaves-scotland-disastrous-economic-legacy/

:smile:
    "I spent most of my money on birds, booze and fast cars: the rest of it I just squandered." [George Best]
  • Nothing productive re training however I've had a fettle which sort of counts as being productive.
    Advocate of disc brakes.
  • veronese68
    veronese68 Posts: 27,294
    Evening folks,
    Another busy day of WFH, or it was trying to be but a dose of CBA got in the way. Decided to answer stupid questions from people too lazy to look for the answers themselves in the manner warranted, for some reason they didn't like to hear it.
    Wednesday night drinkers are out for a curry as it's captain Mainwaring's birthday, I'm stuck at home feeling grotty again. Seemed better yesterday but I've heard a few people say this COVID thing does seem to improve then get worse again. Hope your plague isn't too bad Stevo.
    Roll on spring and a bit of warmth.
  • beansnikpoh
    beansnikpoh Posts: 1,532
    Day working from home with a different view. :/

Off to the pub shortly, then I think more working tomorrow, but hopefully find time to squeeze in a ride.
  • In a bout of madness I booked some flights for MrsHDs birthday to Paris. I suppose the important question is "how is the run along the Seine?"

Yes yes, I know I'll have to put up with some frenchies along the way...
    Advocate of disc brakes.
  • sungod

In a bout of madness I booked some flights for MrsHDs birthday to Paris. I suppose the important question is "how is the run along the Seine?"

Yes yes, I know I'll have to put up with some frenchies along the way...

three steps:

1 do it after the morning ritual of washing the dog sh​it from the pavement

2 go to ancient café, read international new york times whilst sipping a citron pressé after your café complet and watch the world go by

3 ideally leave out the run
  • pinno
    sungod said:

3 ideally leave out the run

This ^.
    Love Paris. Avoid tourists. especially loud yanks 'doing Europe'. If they ask you directions, scratch your chin and say 'et bien... [long pause, then continue] ...Je ne comprends pas' and do a gallic shrug.
    Do the sites early or very late.
    2am Saturday night/Sunday morning is best.

• sungod
    or start early in an old merc to meet mrs hd at sacré-cœur, prior to bubbly brekkie at a lovely café back down the hill

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WJYOMFayruw
  • pinno
    sungod said:

or start early in an old merc to meet mrs hd at sacré-cœur, prior to bubbly brekkie at a lovely café back down the hill

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WJYOMFayruw

Magic.
    So many Renault 4's and Peugeot 504's. We had a white 504. They were the back bone of Africa in pick up form.
    Reminds me of the French connection where they put a false steering wheel in the car, reversed the film later on and Gene Hackman thought he was going on a recce but the director and stunt driver had a plan...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4mgIDVwdD-M

Another classic:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FJZ-BHBKyos