monday reveals the apotheosis of pineapple

'ning

brighter but nippier

ride, cafe, wfh, laze
my bike - faster than god's and twice as shiny

Comments

• Stevo_666
    Stevo_666 Posts: 58,165
    On the train, straight to a brekkie meeting with advisors. Woke very early, last night's pizza made me thirsty - so a bit tired. Sunrise over the village green was nice though.

"I spent most of my money on birds, booze and fast cars: the rest of it I just squandered." [George Best]
  • tlw1
    tlw1 Posts: 21,831
    Bit overcast here

Work stuff and then running stuff
  • webboo
    webboo Posts: 6,087
    Morning
    Todays success story is I managed to dry my toes on my left for first since I had my done. More walking and exercises to come and the excitement of the kitchen and hall floor being taken up and replaced.
  • pinno
    pinno Posts: 51,196
    edited February 2023
    webboo said:

Morning
    Todays success story is I managed to dry my toes on my left for first since I had my done.

You haven't built up a repertoire of wooden spoon based gadgets with various functions?
    seanoconn - gruagach craic!
  • pinno
    Morning Bashi Bazouks

Bit dull. Will go round to stench shed the wee hoose and sort last few bits, lift post for previous mr dweeb and miss chookta before new nursey tenants move in.

Anyone want to bump off my sister? Free holiday in Kenya for you.
  • pinno
    Is that the view out of the sleeper cabin Stevo?
  • Stevo_666
    pinno said:

Nope, it was on the walk to the station.
    "I spent most of my money on birds, booze and fast cars: the rest of it I just squandered." [George Best]
  • pinno
    Stevo_666 said:

pinno said:

Woosh!
  • tlw1
    tlw1 Posts: 21,831
    pinno said:

Does that offer include the bar bill? Asking for a friend
  • Bit of a run around doing stuff today, which meant a lot of swearing at tourist traffic.

Some progress on car reassembly, just the rear side panels to fix up and reinstall and it's back on the road.

Open One+ BMC TE29 Seven 622SL On One Scandal Cervelo RS
  • Stevo_666
    pinno said:

Stevo_666 said:

pinno said:

Woosh!
    You're just too subtle and witty for me.
  • orraloon
    orraloon Posts: 12,612
    Much less whoosh now in my living room. Day 1 of getting rid of the old school open chimney coal fireplace, replacing that 1950s piece of shite with a wee belter Clearview Pioneer stove. Guys are doing a good job. Should be all done by end of day tomorrow.

Meanwhile I labour on with the multidimensional greenhouse puzzle, progressing, if frustratingly slowly at times. Bring on the toms, the sweet peppers, the chillis, the cucumbers, the aubergines... good times a'comin' back.
  • beansnikpoh
    beansnikpoh Posts: 1,521
    orraloon said:

Much less whoosh now in my living room. Day 1 of getting rid of the old school open chimney coal fireplace, replacing that 1950s piece of shite with a wee belter Clearview Pioneer stove. Guys are doing a good job. Should be all done by end of day tomorrow.

Meanwhile I labour on with the multidimensional greenhouse puzzle, progressing, if frustratingly slowly at times. Bring on the toms, the sweet peppers, the chillis, the cucumbers, the aubergines... good times a'comin' back.

My brother has a greenhouse, grows delicious chillis, various toms, cucumbers etc. Easier to deal with pests in a greenhouse. He has apple trees and bean and raspberry canes too. Will you also have veg in beds?

My day was meh. No ride, completed the main and the quick cryptic in the Times in less than 20 mins, did some work, planned some rides for later in the week.
  • orraloon
    orraloon Posts: 12,612

Will you also have veg in beds?

Is longer term plan. This year will be limited, will have early and main tatties, broad beans alongside recently planted raspberry, gooseberry, red and blackcurrant bushes in the level area I deturfed last year. I have a steep slope plus endemic couch grass to battle in the post-jungle left by previous nutjob owner. I will build a raised bed next to the new greenhouse to bring on the salad type crops, plus have 2 old heavy sinks sitting outside to get soiled up as herb planters.

I do like my fruits and veges. 😊
  • beansnikpoh
    beansnikpoh Posts: 1,521
    orraloon said:

I do like my fruits and veges. 😊

So much sweeter when freshly picked.
  • veronese68
    veronese68 Posts: 27,252
    Evening folks,
    Busy day of WFH made a change for a Monday, couldn't avoid the silly questions unfortunately. Feeling a lot better than yesterday which is both good and mildly disappointing, much rather be I'll on somebody else's time than my own.
    Nothing else to report so a pretty dull day.
    I was thinking, what did dark haired lord do to upset thistle?
  • Stevo_666

I was thinking, what did dark haired lord do to upset thistle?

I must have missed something.
  • pinno
    orraloon said:

Meanwhile I labour on with the multidimensional greenhouse puzzle, progressing, if frustratingly slowly at times. Bring on the toms, the sweet peppers, the chillis, the cucumbers, the aubergines... good times will be wrecked by heat waves.

FTFY
  • pinno
    tlw1 said:

pinno said:

Tell your friend. I own shares in the brewery that makes Tusker so the bill gets paid by raising the share price.
  • veronese68
    veronese68 Posts: 27,252
    pinno said:

tlw1 said:

pinno said:

Tell your friend. I own shares in the brewery that makes Tusker so the bill gets paid by raising the share price.
    Is this the beer drinking equivalent of perpetual motion?
  • Stevo_666
    pinno said:

tlw1 said:

pinno said:

If you can get tlw to Kenya...

• pinno
    She is far too profligate for me to prosper from the deed.
    Nah. the world (I) will be rid of a thoroughly horrible individual.
  • seanoconn
    seanoconn Posts: 11,318
    pinno said:

She is far too profligate for me to prosper from the deed.
    Nah. the world (I) will be rid of a thoroughly horrible individual.

Pinno, מלך אידיוט וחרא מכונאי
  • pinno
    10,000 Lego bricks coming your way.
  • pinno
    oxoman said:

You can have my sister and ex wife and feed your piggies for free.

We need Bricktop.