Sunday reassembled from the leftovers

Day of faff, cleaning up spilt oil in the back of the car. ๐Ÿ™„ Now to finish the sound damping installation and refit the panels. Not doing this job ever again.

Shovelled a half ton of gravel out of ute just for a break from the monotony.

Open One+ BMC TE29 Seven 622SL On One Scandal Cervelo RS
ยซ1

Comments

• sungod
    sungod Posts: 16,437
    'ning

gloomygrey

ride far, eat cake, cafes, laze, bubbly
    my bike - faster than god's and twice as shiny
  • Stevo_666
    Stevo_666 Posts: 58,167

Day of faff, cleaning up spilt oil in the back of the car. ๐Ÿ™„ Now to finish the sound damping installation and refit the panels. Not doing this job ever again.

Sounds messy WS. I managed to do something similar in my old car. New boot mat needed.
    "I spent most of my money on birds, booze and fast cars: the rest of it I just squandered." [George Best]
  • orraloon
    orraloon Posts: 12,613
    Today I shall mowstly be donning my EcoWarrior garb and joining in with a beach clean down on nearby coast. Using the rumblewagon to help take away the proceeds. That is if of course I can get tired legs into action.
  • Stevo_666
    Up too early for a Sunday, hound walking followed by jobs and administration that were not done yesterday. Mrs. 666 seems to have a Prosecco induced headache, bloody lightweight :)
    "I spent most of my money on birds, booze and fast cars: the rest of it I just squandered." [George Best]
  • Stevo_666 said:

Sounds messy WS. I managed to do something similar in my old car. New boot mat needed.
    Wasnโ€™t me. This is the toy/gadget Audi TT I bought a while ago. Previous owner did it and โ€œforgotโ€ to mention that. I bought it unseen, asked a load of questions but โ€œhave you spilt a bottle of engine oil in the boot?โ€ wasnโ€™t one of them.
  • seanoconn
    seanoconn Posts: 11,318
    Stevo_666 said:

Dead body?
    Pinno, ืžืœืš ืื™ื“ื™ื•ื˜ ื•ื—ืจื ืžื›ื•ื ืื™
  • seanoconn said:

Stevo_666 said:

Dead body?
    Wonโ€™t fit. I get a giggle out of the manual when it says the rear seats arenโ€™t suitable for anyone over 1.5 m tall. Going to get rid of them anyway and install new extended floor
  • Stevo_666
    seanoconn said:

Stevo_666 said:

Dead body?
    Petrol lawn mower.
  • beansnikpoh
    beansnikpoh Posts: 1,521
    Ahoy hoy. Another ride up the hill, just once this time I think. Then lunch, then drive to Taunton, park and get train back home. Returning here Tuesday evening. Mrs Bยณ and mini remaining here, with MiL, who arrives just as I leave. :)
  • pinno
    pinno Posts: 51,197
    Nice one 'Loon.
    Local group aren't organised enough. Shorty and I wanted to do it but info is thin on the ground.

Speaking of which:

Shorty: Look, look, look at that [in an agitated, loud manner
    Me: Look at what?
    S: This; a spot
    [I look closely at the very small spot]
    Me: It's just a spot
    S: [loudly] I'm having puberty.
    seanoconn - gruagach craic!
  • tlw1
    tlw1 Posts: 21,832
    Chilled start in bewdley, will have tea and hit the road soon, the running is better at home so may as well run there.

Pub later for the rugby
  • pinno
    oxoman said:

pinno said:

Nice one 'Loon.
    Local group aren't organised enough. Shorty and I wanted to do it but info is thin on the ground.

Speaking of which:

Good luck with this. ๐Ÿค”๐Ÿคฃ. Sorry been through it with 2 boys and 3 girls and never again.
    She is 10. She is definitely not 'having puberty'. It was just the tiniest of spots.
  • pinno
    tlw1 said:

Chilled start in bewdley, will have tea and hit the road soon, the running is better at home so may as well run there.

Pub later for the rugby

I know that place.
    Is the SVR steam train running today?
  • veronese68
    veronese68 Posts: 27,252
    Morning folks,
    Lonesome slow start is being had.day of not doing much again, might ask if I can have the front room to watch the rugby on a proper telly rather than iPad. EPO says we can share rooms once she's had her appointment tomorrow, but having stayed apart this long it seems daft to increase the chances of her getting it. Still only head and throat, breathing ok really. Saw the lad last night, he swung by so we sat in the garden for a chat. He's doing a lot of running around to support his girlfriend and her family at the moment, but he seems to be coping ok.
    I remember borrowing an Audi TT some years back, got someone into the back seat and then had to open the boot. That was fine, but closing the hatch bopped them on the top of the head as they'd sat up a little more.
    Good luck Piรฑa, some fun moments ahead.
  • Stevo_666
    pinno said:

Nice one 'Loon.

Speaking of which:

Sounds like it's time to invest in a hockey mask and a meat cleaver for when you answer the door to spotty oiks who will come calling soon....
  • Stevo_666

Ahoy hoy. Another ride up the hill, just once this time I think. Then lunch, then drive to Taunton, park and get train back home. Returning here Tuesday evening. Mrs Bยณ and mini remaining here, with MiL, who arrives just as I leave. :)

Coincidence, surely? :) Who was it who said that the definition of mixed feelings was watching your MiL driving off a cliff in your new Ferrari?
  • webboo
    webboo Posts: 6,087
    Morning
    Walked dogs with the wife first thing, then a walk round town. Not sure what to do with myself this afternoon, might have to watch some cycling.
  • sungod
    no mention of the light rain in the weather forecast, which made for an unexpectedly moist ride
  • Stevo_666
    oxoman said:

Stevo_666 said:

pinno said:

Nice one 'Loon.

Speaking of which:

Sounds like it's time to invest in a hockey mask and a meat cleaver for when you answer the door to spotty oiks who will come calling soon....
    My ex fil had a regimental swagger stick by the front door and his ex para boxing trophy in the front room.
    Does sound a bit 'Meet The Parents'...
  • seanoconn
    seanoconn Posts: 11,318
    sungod said:

no mention of the light rain in the weather forecast, which made for an unexpectedly moist ride

Decidedly sticky in the most gloomiest of glooms.

Intended 3 steady laps of Richmond Park. Got involved in a race on lap 1 and now Iโ€™m a farked snotty mess.
    Pinno, ืžืœืš ืื™ื“ื™ื•ื˜ ื•ื—ืจื ืžื›ื•ื ืื™
  • orraloon
    That was a good sesh down On The Beach this morning with the picker and the bags. Lots of people participating, from under 5s through Sea Cadets to us oldies, a whole big skip filled with mainly plastic waste. Rascarrel Bay, lovely views over to the Lake District hills. Main organiser hereabouts seems to be local Rotary club but network of interested people extends out in lots of ways. Happy day.
  • beansnikpoh
    seanoconn said:

sungod said:

Decidedly sticky in the most gloomiest of glooms.

Intended 3 steady laps of Richmond Park. Got involved in a race on lap 1 and now Iโ€™m a farked snotty mess.
    Good man. That's the spirit.

Bracing spin up the hill this morning. No-one to race, mores the pity.

Left myself plenty of time to get to Taunton, then got stuck in a line of traffic behind an ancient horse box... Made it by the skin of my teeth. Was lucky the train was a minute late.

Waiting for dinner to arrive. Braised brisket ramen.
  • pinno
    Look guys: Shorty isn't 'having puberty'. Read my post. Not a single sign. She's way off.
    It was funny because it was so untrue.
  • Stevo_666
    pinno said:

Look guys: Shorty isn't 'having puberty'. Read my post. Not a single sign. She's way off.

No harm planning in advance.
  • veronese68
    veronese68 Posts: 27,252
    pinno said:

Exactly, that's why I said the fun moments are ahead, they are in the future. Besides, the fact she's already thinking in those terms just made me laugh too so it warranted a comment.
  • beansnikpoh
    pinno said:

Mini was "having puberty" when she was 10. Nearly 11, but still 10.
  • orraloon

pinno said:

Mini was "having puberty" when she was 10. Nearly 11, but still 10.
    Tweenies gonna tween.
  • beansnikpoh
    Watching Alice Roberts. I might have an MF style crush.
  • sungod
    pinno said:

when she finds out you told everyone she's spotty you'll be for it, beans will shun you too
  • pinno
    sungod said:

pinno said:

when she finds out you told everyone she's spotty you'll be for it, beans will shun you too
    Oh no, not another one. Spot. Singular. (very small too).