saturday unhinged

'ning

not quite as nippy

ride up and down, cafes with cake, lazing
my bike - faster than god's and twice as shiny

Comments

• beansnikpoh
    beansnikpoh Posts: 1,521
    Drive. Ride up and down until legs and/or lungs give up. Light fire. Probably pub for some yokel watching. Last time there was a palaver because one of the bar staff's boyfriend had punched her dad.
  • pinno
    pinno Posts: 51,195

Drive. Ride up and down until legs and/or lungs give up. Light fire. Probably pub for some yokel watching. Last time there was a palaver because one of the bar staff's boyfriend had punched her dad.

If that's what he had to do then that's what he had to do because that's what he had to do when he did what he had to do. See?
    seanoconn - gruagach craic!
  • pinno
    Bit dull, grey meh.

Landscaping today innit wiv me noo clay bricks wot I ave sauced from the neighbour.

I can finally finish off my Corn flower bed with it's ornamental grass.

• Stevo_666
    Stevo_666 Posts: 58,164

Should have whacked him with his banjo instead.
    "I spent most of my money on birds, booze and fast cars: the rest of it I just squandered." [George Best]
  • Stevo_666
    Morning Folks,

Another day, another year older. Celebratory bike ride this afternoon followed by a nice dinner with Mrs. 666.
    "I spent most of my money on birds, booze and fast cars: the rest of it I just squandered." [George Best]
  • seanoconn
    seanoconn Posts: 11,318
    Stevo_666 said:

Morning Folks,

Another day, another year older. Celebratory bike ride this afternoon followed by a nice dinner with Mrs. 666.

Happy 60th Stevo 🥳🥳🥳
    Pinno, מלך אידיוט וחרא מכונאי
  • seanoconn
    seanoconn Posts: 11,318
    Decidedly gloomy. Wifey grumpy because her son is a pain in the @rse. If she wasn’t so shouty and inconsistent with him, he’d be ok. He’s fine with me.

Today shall be spent avoiding half the family and finding a dad to punch.
    Pinno, מלך אידיוט וחרא מכונאי
  • webboo
    webboo Posts: 6,087
    Morning
    Sun just come out here. First set exercises done and a test to see if I can sit on the loo with out the raised seat was successful. Plan is for some upper body weights but not sure I can be bothered. Might have to watch some cycling instead.
  • pinno
    seanoconn said:

Decidedly gloomy. Wifey grumpy because her son is a pain in the @rse. If she wasn’t so shouty and inconsistent with him, he’d be ok. He’s fine with me.

Funny dat. Ditto my daughters.
    seanoconn said:

Are you selling tickets?

• tlw1
    tlw1 Posts: 21,831
    HB Stevo

In the van off for a cheeky weekend away with the current wife
  • veronese68
    veronese68 Posts: 27,252
    Afternoon folks,
    Traditional slow start, but didn't enjoy it so much today. Separate rooms so I don't give the EPO the plague. Felt fine yesterday other than a blocked nose, sore throat and pounding headache today which is dull. Moan, moan, moan ...
    HB Stevo, hope you have a good one.
    B³, I think we need more information. Was the dad that was punched also the boyfriends uncle?
    Have a good day everyone, I'm going back to bed 🙄
  • beansnikpoh

Afternoon folks,
    Traditional slow start, but didn't enjoy it so much today. Separate rooms so I don't give the EPO the plague. Felt fine yesterday other than a blocked nose, sore throat and pounding headache today which is dull. Moan, moan, moan ...
    B³, I think we need more information. Was the dad that was punched also the boyfriends uncle?

I'll see if I can investigate later vis a vis yokel shenanigans.

Hoping the covid blows over quickly and easily. I'm still yet to test positive.
  • beansnikpoh
    seanoconn said:

Hmm shouty and inconsistent eh? Where have I heard that before?

Happy fifty cough Stevo. Hope you have a good day.
  • pinno

Afternoon folks,

But overall, you're okay, breathing fine and you did get vaccinated?
  • pinno

Happy fifty cough Stevo. Hope you have a good day.

This ^.

• veronese68
    veronese68 Posts: 27,252
    pinno said:

Afternoon folks,

But overall, you're okay, breathing fine and you did get vaccinated?
    Yes, I'm ok really thanks, just grumpy 😬. Think I've been vaccinated 4 times now, still on the priority list due to the history of lymphoma. Breathing is ok thankfully, it's not on my chest, I'm just bunged up. Looking on the bright side, it would be a lot more irritating if my leg was better and this was the only thing stopping me doing stuff.
  • beansnikpoh
    27 km along, 750m of up.

• Stevo_666
    Thanks for the b/day wishes everyone. Still mid 50s so not too fossilised yet.

Went out for the bike ride as planned - 33.8k and 672m of climbing on the 'Finbarr Saunders' route taking in the delights of Pratts Bottom and Titsey (fnarr fnarr). Luckily my mate is slower than me so I felt fast :)
  • webboo
    webboo Posts: 6,087
    Another walk walked managed to take one the dogs. Which was a bit awkward as I needed to have the lead in my right hand which is also where I wanted my walking pole. Gave up and just carried it, the pole not the dog.
  • orraloon
    orraloon Posts: 12,609
    Oy vey, I iz feelin' fuxxed. Been busy busy past 3 days, this Rhino greenhouse is a multidimensional jigsaw puzzle with some elements of lego. No way is it a one person build so bleedin' fortunate that bro was up in the home country for the uncle's funeral and happy to stop off and work on The Project. Getting there, into the finishing finessing stage.

I need a long hot soak. Ok there I go...

HB taxdodger.
  • johngti
    johngti Posts: 2,508
    HB Stevo!
  • pinno
    johngti said:

HB Stevo!

Who da farq are you?!
  • Stevo_666 said:

HB Stevo. Haven’t you been mid 50s for about 7 years now?
    Open One+ BMC TE29 Seven 622SL On One Scandal Cervelo RS
  • johngti
    johngti Posts: 2,508
    pinno said:

johngti said:

HB Stevo!

Who da farq are you?!
    I’m just this guy, you know?
  • Stevo_666

Stevo_666 said:

HB Stevo. Haven’t you been mid 50s for about 7 years now?
    :*
  • Stevo_666
    Morning Peeps and thanks :smile: Not feeling too bad...
  • pinno
    oxoman said:

Stevo_666 said:

For a 60yr old 🤭🤭
    Oh come on - he's had his meds.
  • Stevo_666
    oxoman said:

Stevo_666 said:

For a 60yr old 🤭🤭
    After you, sir ;) Although my riding buddy who I was out with yesterday gets his bus pass next week. I'll send him a customised birthday card.