friday frittering femtoseconds

'ning

another nippy gloomy day looms

ride, quick nip into gmc, cafe, wfh, laze
my bike - faster than god's and twice as shiny

Comments

• Stevo_666
    Stevo_666 Posts: 58,415
    Woke up at stupid o'clock for no known reason, then the next thing I know its 6am and the alarm is going off. Too early. Now on the train into town needing a spot of coffee. Still, got a half day as meeting a mate who's in town for the first time in a while. Then home and chill.
    "I spent most of my money on birds, booze and fast cars: the rest of it I just squandered." [George Best]
  • pinno
    pinno Posts: 51,316
    Morning Aardvarks

Bit threateningly grey. I think it's going to pour. Breezy too.
    'Loon will definitely not be glazing today.

Today chores and plastic pedal. Tomorrow gardening.
    seanoconn - gruagach craic!
  • tlw1
    tlw1 Posts: 21,859
    Nice to catch up with thistle yesterday. Today is work snizzle, a run, prep van for a night away and obviously then the pub
  • seanoconn
    seanoconn Posts: 11,399
    Willy shrivelling ride in. Coffee and work dodge to follow.
    Pinno, מלך אידיוט וחרא מכונאי
  • seanoconn
    tlw1 said:

Nice to catch up with thistle yesterday. Today is work snizzle, a run, prep van for a night away and obviously then the pub

Should have put him in an arm lock and forced him to post something again to get the ball rolling.
  • tlw1
    tlw1 Posts: 21,859
    edited February 2023
    seanoconn said:

tlw1 said:

Should have put him in an arm lock and forced him to post something again to get the ball rolling.
    Tried - he has just had enough of ‘insert name here’
  • seanoconn
    tlw1 said:

seanoconn said:

tlw1 said:

I’m not that bad 😕
  • webboo
    webboo Posts: 6,087
    Morning
    Managed to survive yesterdays weight session and don’t appear to have DOMS today whether they will appear with a vengeance tomorrow who knows. Today will a longish walk, the big decision will whether I take the sticks as I can walk fine without them now.
  • pinno
    edited February 2023
    webboo said:

Morning
    Managed to survive yesterdays weight session and don’t appear to have DOMS today whether they will appear with a vengeance tomorrow who knows. Today will a longish walk, the big decision will whether I take the sticks as I can walk fine without them now.

Lateral leg raises?
    Have you got a big, green rubber band?

https://www.healthline.com/health/side-leg-raises#standing
  • pinno
    Press gang thistle.

@thistle_
  • pinno
  • webboo
    pinno said:

webboo said:

Morning

Lateral leg raises?
    Have you got a big, green rubber band?

https://www.healthline.com/health/side-leg-raises#standing
    Those have been one of the exercises I’ve been doing since the physio kicked me out of bed two weeks ago. I used to do the lying one with a theraband as part of my keeping my knees healthy exs. I did single leg extensions on the weight bench this morning which were fine. My mobility has increased to where I can now tie my left shoe lace. I can’t quite reach down with both hands to put a sock on yet.
  • beansnikpoh
    beansnikpoh Posts: 1,532
    seanoconn said:

tlw1 said:

seanoconn said:

tlw1 said:

I’m not that bad 😕
    I wonder who "insert name here" is. I don't reckon it's Seano, he posts piccies of Mrs Seano.

I went for a lovely ride in the sunshine. Out, round and round, once clockwise, once anti-clockwise, back. Most enjoyable, especially when I realised that what I thought were piles of frosty slush, were actually salt.

Lunch now, head down this afternoon.
  • Is a late post an internet equivalent of a lie in?

WFW, booked a short trip away, tidy the garden later as the girls are have a hot tub session for wifeys birthday.

Not much more to report.
    Advocate of disc brakes.
  • veronese68
    veronese68 Posts: 27,294
    Afternoon folks,
    Had to go into the orifice this morning to appease big boss over from the US. Felt ok, but was a bit snotty so did a covid test. Back home again now having tested positive, big boss that wanted me in wasn't so happy that I'd gone in after all. What fun. I feel rather behind the times as that's the first time I've tested positive.
    Glad you're on the mend webboo, how was the walk, did you take the sticks?
    Sorry, didn't mean to upset Thistle, please accept my humblest apologies, I don't mean to be such a banker, it just comes naturally.
  • Stevo_666
    tlw1 said:

seanoconn said:

tlw1 said:

I should probably apologise as well...
    "I spent most of my money on birds, booze and fast cars: the rest of it I just squandered." [George Best]
  • webboo
    Walk walked 5 miles pain free. Took the sticks but did walk for a bit carrying them. I might use the walking poles we’ve got as a half way measure next time.
  • webboo
    The advice was walk as often and as far as you feel able to do with out pain.
  • beansnikpoh
    beansnikpoh Posts: 1,532
    oxoman said:

webboo said:

Walk walked 5 miles pain free. Took the sticks but did walk for a bit carrying them. I might use the walking poles we’ve got as a half way measure next time.

Take it easy and listen to the quacks. Baby steps.

Training course gave me an excuse to ride home a longer way. 30 miles and a load of climbing PB's to boot.
    Good work Oxo - long way home is always a pleasure!
  • orraloon
    orraloon Posts: 12,670
    pinno said:

Ye saft southern jessie, of course progressed to glazing today. 60% done, most of the big stuff, roof all done bar install the pre-built triple vents. Finish off the 2-man stuff tomorrow morning before bro departs back dahn saff.
  • pinno
    orraloon said:

pinno said:

Ye saft southern jessie, of course progressed to glazing today. 60% done, most of the big stuff, roof all done bar install the pre-built triple vents. Finish off the 2-man stuff tomorrow morning before bro departs back dahn saff.
    You're all northern to me.
    Apart from Spinner. He's a southerner.
  • Stevo_666
    Bollox - ski hol plans have fallen through. Think I'll go mountain biking that weekend.
  • pinno
    Stevo_666 said:

Bollox - ski hol plans have fallen through. Think I'll go mountain biking that weekend.

Why?
  • pinno
    webboo said:

The advice was walk as often and as far as you feel able to do with out pain.

"I got all the way to the pub and i'm knackered. Can you pick me up please?".
  • pinno said:

Stevo_666 said:

Why?
    Not enough paramedics available to support them.
    Open One+ BMC TE29 Seven 622SL On One Scandal Cervelo RS
  • pinno

pinno said:

Stevo_666 said:

Why?
    No, I meant why mountain biking.
  • Stevo_666
    pinno said:

pinno said:

Stevo_666 said:

Why?
    No, I meant why mountain biking.
    Because its fun :)
  • pinno
  • Stevo_666
    pinno said:
    Here's a bloke from Recar doing a spot of downhill:
    https://youtu.be/YfMQdFGTKAs
    "How does he sit down with balls that big?" :D
  • pinno
    I've seen that.
    Only, I have to switch the sound off as those guys are fcuking annoying.