Rohan Dennis retires at end of 2023

wakemalcolm
wakemalcolm Posts: 628
edited February 2023 in Pro race
Not sure whether he tweeted 'Cycling can suck my @ss' or not, but he's got 2 world championships and a stage in each grand tour. I think most cyclists would sign for that at the beginning of their careers and he's giving himself until the end of the year to add to it.
================================
Cake is just weakness entering the body

Comments

• redvision
    redvision Posts: 2,958
    Not yet. He's retiring at end of this season.
  • mididoctors
    mididoctors Posts: 16,646
    Still seems early
    "If I was a 38 year old man, I definitely wouldn't be riding a bright yellow bike with Hello Kitty disc wheels, put it that way. What we're witnessing here is the world's most high profile mid-life crisis" Afx237vi Mon Jul 20, 2009 2:43 pm
  • This thread and the Sagan thread need their titles editting, neither have retired yet! :D
    ================
    2020 Voodoo Marasa
    2017 Cube Attain GTC Pro Disc 2016
    2016 Voodoo Wazoo
  • daniel_b
    daniel_b Posts: 11,538
    Shortlived tenure with JV.
    Felt F70 05 (Turbo)
    Marin Palisades Trail 91 and 06
    Scott CR1 SL 12
    Cannondale Synapse Adventure 15 & 16 Di2
    Scott Foil 18
  • m.r.m.
    m.r.m. Posts: 3,312
    I wonder what led to him having such a big chip on his shoulder. His talent and ability are so great, that I feel somewhat disappointed in his career; despite all his victories and TT dominance (for a time).
    I wonder if his life prior to cycling was so tough, that he was never able to let go of the things holding him back and derailing his career/path to greatness.
    PTP Champion 2019, 2022 & 2023
  • This thread and the Sagan thread need their titles editting, neither have retired yet! :D

FTFY
    ================================
    Cake is just weakness entering the body
  • m.r.m. said:

I wonder what led to him having such a big chip on his shoulder. His talent and ability are so great, that I feel somewhat disappointed in his career; despite all his victories and TT dominance (for a time).
    I wonder if his life prior to cycling was so tough, that he was never able to let go of the things holding him back and derailing his career/path to greatness.

On the other hand, being perennially pissed off might have been what drove him on.
  • mrb123
    mrb123 Posts: 4,583
    That Giro stage was one of the greats.
  • exlaser
    exlaser Posts: 264
    A good rider, had so much talent he should have been one of the greats .
    I still think his greatest performance was helping Teo winning winning the Giro .
    Van Nicholas Ventus
    Rose Xeon RS
  • mididoctors
    mididoctors Posts: 16,646
    mrb123 said:

He won that giro in a sense. Strongest rider there
    "If I was a 38 year old man, I definitely wouldn't be riding a bright yellow bike with Hello Kitty disc wheels, put it that way. What we're witnessing here is the world's most high profile mid-life crisis" Afx237vi Mon Jul 20, 2009 2:43 pm
  • mrb123 said:

I remember thinking at the time what was different at Sky relative to BMC to turn Dennis from someone who walked out mid season to someone who would bury himself to win a GT for someone else.

I guess the different was just what happened to be going on in his head at the time.

• pblakeney
    pblakeney Posts: 25,598

mrb123 said:

I remember thinking at the time what was different at Sky relative to BMC to turn Dennis from someone who walked out mid season to someone who would bury himself to win a GT for someone else.

I guess the different was just what happened to be going on in his head at the time.

Purely a guess but maybe he liked the someone else in that circumstance.
    The above may be fact, or fiction, I may be serious, I may be jesting.
    I am not sure. You have no chance.
    Veronese68 wrote:
    PB is the most sensible person on here.