tlw1 Posts: 21,831
    Rather cold this morning.

Work meh and bikes being fettled yeah.

Later is a run with town with some pals, followed by the pub
  • pinno
    pinno Posts: 51,195
    Morning coelacanths

Bit dull and windy here.
    Today I shall be mowstly... I really dunno. Oh yeah, meet new nursey tenant #1.

Mrs P is a year older but not even 40. I has bought her lots of stuff. I will takes her for lunch somewhere this week and I might even pay for it.
    seanoconn - gruagach craic!
  • tlw1
    tlw1 Posts: 21,831
    Happy birthday Mrs P
  • webboo
    webboo Posts: 6,087
    Morning
    Today is a trip to hospital to check the wound site. That’s about as exciting as it gets today.
  • Stevo_666
    Stevo_666 Posts: 58,162
    pinno said:

Morning coelacanths

Bit dull and windy here.

Mrs P is a year older but not even 40. I has bought her lots of stuff. I will takes her for lunch somewhere this week and I might even pay for it.

Met a mate of mine last night who was feeling a bit pleased with himself that his new girlfriend was 15 years younger than him.
    "I spent most of my money on birds, booze and fast cars: the rest of it I just squandered." [George Best]
  • Stevo_666
    Decent night put last night followed by good sleep. Frosty here so working in the house today while workmen dismantle the old shed and do the concrete base before the new one comes. Last people who lived here put the old one on bricks, bloody cheapskates.
    "I spent most of my money on birds, booze and fast cars: the rest of it I just squandered." [George Best]
  • beansnikpoh
    beansnikpoh Posts: 1,520
    pinno said:

Morning coelacanths

Bit dull and windy here.

Enjoy Mrs P's b'day!
  • beansnikpoh
    beansnikpoh Posts: 1,520
    Misty sunny Thames, with Isenshard looming. I remembered inner tubes, so back on the bike this evening, and can fix the puncture in the warm.

• seanoconn
    seanoconn Posts: 11,318
    Icy wobble to work. Phone call from son to say he’s been sick on the way to school. Icy wobble back home.
    Pinno, מלך אידיוט וחרא מכונאי
  • seanoconn
    seanoconn Posts: 11,318
    pinno said:

Morning coelacanths

Bit dull and windy here.

Happy birthday Mrs P. Still plenty of time for a couple more kids.
    Pinno, מלך אידיוט וחרא מכונאי
  • Stevo_666 said:

pinno said:

Morning coelacanths

Bit dull and windy here.

Met a mate of mine last night who was feeling a bit pleased with himself that his new girlfriend was 15 years younger than him.
    Now I aint sayin she a gold digga, but she aint messin with no broke...
    p.s K West is an absolute tool of the highest order

Anyway, advertising meeting complete earlier than planned. Quick nip out to site so may be back home in time for an outdoor ride
    Advocate of disc brakes.
  • Day of taxi driver duty. Mother to appointments, which meant I got to play Whinge Phrase Bingo again. Ticked off the lot within a half hour, not quite a PB but close.

Home then back into town again to collect some bits of furniture. Day off tomorrow to hopefully make some progress on car fixes.
    Open One+ BMC TE29 Seven 622SL On One Scandal Cervelo RS
  • pinno

Stevo_666 said:

pinno said:

Morning coelacanths

Bit dull and windy here.

Anyway, advertising meeting complete earlier than planned. Quick nip out to site so may be back home in time for an outdoor ride
    I don't follow soshal shyte so you'll have to forgive me. What's K West done?
  • sungod
    sungod Posts: 16,433
    edited February 2023
    pinno said:

Stevo_666 said:

pinno said:

Morning coelacanths

Bit dull and windy here.

https://www.vox.com/culture/23400851/kanye-west-antisemitism-hitler-praise

too much even for the republicans

https://www.nbcnews.com/politics/congress/house-judiciary-republicans-delete-kanye-elon-trump-tweet-rapper-prais-rcna59654
    my bike - faster than god's and twice as shiny
  • drhaggis
    drhaggis Posts: 1,150
    WFH today. Would have gone for a quick spin in the morning but it's too windy. Oh, and fell off in my way back home from work yesterday. All my own fault. I believe I got my left little finger trapped between the road and the handlebar. The fall tore through the glove, and lost skin in the process. Looked bad enough to warrant a visit at the minor injuries clinic (was 19:30).

Also managed to, somehow, hit my chin, but not the helmet (???).
  • veronese68
    veronese68 Posts: 27,252
    Afternoon folks,
    Another day in the orifice, big boss is over from the US and as my boss is at home with the plague I keep getting interrupted with questions. Thankfully they are usually not as stupid as the norm, I often end up trying to explain other peoples' stupidity. I do believe I should be going to the pub tonight as it's Wednesday.
    HB Mrs P and HA Oxos. I'll have a drink later for each of you. I'll have to try whinge phrase bingo when I'm with my old dear Spinner, she did have the audacity to say she didn't like to complain the other day. For some reason she got annoyed with my laughing in response.
    Glad you didn't hurt yourself too badly drH, at least you can still ride. Try and keep it rubber side down please people.
    Don't catch what the lad has Seano.
    Onwards and upwards...
  • Stevo_666

Stevo_666 said:

pinno said:

Morning coelacanths

Bit dull and windy here.

The best thing for a gold digger is a gold mine...though as she earns more than him, not sure who's the digger :smile:
  • pinno
    sungod said:

pinno said:

Stevo_666 said:

pinno said:

Morning coelacanths

Bit dull and windy here.

https://www.vox.com/culture/23400851/kanye-west-antisemitism-hitler-praise

too much even for the republicans

https://www.nbcnews.com/politics/congress/house-judiciary-republicans-delete-kanye-elon-trump-tweet-rapper-prais-rcna59654
    Ta.

Farq me. Do the die hard Republican voters not question Trump's association with him?
  • pinno

HB Mrs P and HA Oxos. I'll have a drink later for each of you.

Ta.

Glad you didn't hurt yourself too badly drH, at least you can still ride. Try and keep it rubber side down please people.
    Don't catch what the lad has Seano.
    Onwards and upwards...

This ^. Saves me typing.

• webboo
    edited February 2023
    Back from wound review, it’s all fine and dandy. No stitches or staples glued together, scar looks very nice. I might start wearing those leather chap things so I can show it off.
  • veronese68
    veronese68 Posts: 27,252
    I was all set to like webboo's post until that comment about wearing chaps 😳
  • pinno
    webboo said:

Back from wound review, it’s all fine and dandy. No stitches or staples glued together, scar looks very nice. I might start wearing those leather chap things so I can show it off.

My left hip: replacement, infection (3.5 years), numerous operations, 2 stage replacement - 11 weeks between taking it out and putting a new one in would have to be vetted before viewing by the British censorship board.

• webboo
    I suppose I could go with see through plastic pants.