tuesday with anomalous aspects

'ning

cold, so cold

gmc free day, ride far cafes visit laze
my bike - faster than god's and twice as shiny

Comments

• Stevo_666
    Stevo_666 Posts: 58,164
    On the train into town. Bit nippy. Mates birthday yesterday so out for a bite to eat and a drink later.
    "I spent most of my money on birds, booze and fast cars: the rest of it I just squandered." [George Best]
  • pinno
    pinno Posts: 51,196
    Morning Bashi bazouks

Non anomalous Tuesday for me.

Will speak to prospective tenants today; 2 x nurses.
    I think it has something to do with the cost of living because the candidates this time around are 10x better than before... which got me thinking;. I have another tenant (not nearly so bad as the stench shed previous occupants in the other house) but could do with getting shot of him.
    Lazy pot smoking chuff head (and a line manager?!).

Laters
    seanoconn - gruagach craic!
  • seanoconn
    seanoconn Posts: 11,318
    Freezing fog successfully navigated. Will be cycling rain or shine as I’m currently car less. Quite enjoying not having the burden of a car that sits outside doing nothing most of the time. But will no doubt be pressured into finding a. new one soon.
    Pinno, מלך אידיוט וחרא מכונאי
  • webboo
    webboo Posts: 6,087
    Morning
    Feeling weary today. Might have to take it easy as I probably walked too far yesterday’.
    Why is there no cycle races till Thursday. The UCI need to sort the calendar out.
  • Stevo_666
    edited February 2023
    seanoconn said:

Freezing fog successfully navigated. Will be cycling rain or shine as I’m currently car less. Quite enjoying not having the burden of a car that sits outside doing nothing most of the time. But will no doubt be pressured into finding a. new one soon.

Don't go all Cake Stop on us Seano. Get a car like most normal people have :smile:
    "I spent most of my money on birds, booze and fast cars: the rest of it I just squandered." [George Best]
  • tlw1
    tlw1 Posts: 21,831
    Nice walk with a glorious sunrise. Run later and then a pal over as my bike mechanic is also fettling his bike tomorrow.

Like yesterday, may get a swim in and another go at the plunge pool at the club later

Work doesn’t get a mention as it’s shoot currently
  • orraloon
    orraloon Posts: 12,610
    Is this the right Tuesday?

Costa breakfasted up, time to get garbed up and go show respects.

Driving back home later, gonna be a long day.
  • pinno
    Don't envy you 'Loon. At least the drive back will be scenic.
  • beansnikpoh
    beansnikpoh Posts: 1,521
    orraloon said:

Is this the right Tuesday?

Costa breakfasted up, time to get garbed up and go show respects.

Driving back home later, gonna be a long day.

Hope it goes as well as it can.
  • beansnikpoh
    Double fcuking puncture, first the front, which I fixed with spare tube, then the rear, with no further tubes, and patches which had lost their adhesive, leaving me a 20 minute walk to get to work. I bet I can't find a tube with an 80mm valve at lunchtime either. Grrrr.
  • seanoconn
    seanoconn Posts: 11,318

Double fcuking puncture, first the front, which I fixed with spare tube, then the rear, with no further tubes, and patches which had lost their adhesive, leaving me a 20 minute walk to get to work. I bet I can't find a tube with an 80mm valve at lunchtime either. Grrrr.

Too cold to be messing about with punctures. You need to time your flats better so you only notice them at home or work.
    Pinno, מלך אידיוט וחרא מכונאי
  • tlw1
    Hope it goes as well as can be expected Mr O
  • tlw1
    oxoman said:

One word. Tubeless 😱.
    This, it’s so easy, I text my mechanic and he is coming around on Wednesday to sort a couple of bikes for me
  • WFW, new boiler currently being fitted as it's been out since December!
    Some people are idiots with no sense of reality, we just have to accept that I suppose.
    Probable zwift & run later.
    Advocate of disc brakes.
  • sungod
    sungod Posts: 16,434

it's a judgement on you for having self-adhesive patches instead of a rema tip top kit

https://www.allterraincycles.co.uk/rema-tip-top-tt04-sport-puncture-repair-kit

• veronese68
    veronese68 Posts: 27,252
    Afternoon folks,
    Another busy day in the orifice, some of the guys are out for a drink later but I've bailed as I can't be doing with the walking and public transport aspect yet. Definitely chilly out there this morning, had to scrape ice off the side windows, thank heavens for a heated windscreen.
    Must confess I didn't get on with tubeless, maybe I should try it again with different tyres. When I can get on a bike properly that is. Saw my green bike at the weekend, it really needs a clean and a bit of love and attention.
    tlw1 said:

This, it’s so easy, I text my mechanic and he is coming around on Wednesday to sort a couple of bikes for me

That seems rather contradictory, if it's so easy why do you need a mechanic?
    Hope the day went as well as these things can do 'loon.
  • sungod
    sungod Posts: 16,434
    end of an era, no more powercordz*, just changed rear brake cable to a steel one, heavier and weaker, sigh

*there's still some old stock out there, but it can be iffy, last two i got had brittle casing due to packaging contamination
  • tlw1

Afternoon folks,
    Another busy day in the orifice, some of the guys are out for a drink later but I've bailed as I can't be doing with the walking and public transport aspect yet. Definitely chilly out there this morning, had to scrape ice off the side windows, thank heavens for a heated windscreen.
    Must confess I didn't get on with tubeless, maybe I should try it again with different tyres. When I can get on a bike properly that is. Saw my green bike at the weekend, it really needs a clean and a bit of love and attention.

tlw1 said:

Any job is easy when you get someone else to do it 😂
  • veronese68
    tlw1 said:

Afternoon folks,

tlw1 said:

I'm just too tight to pay someone to do something I can do myself 😬
  • Stevo_666
    I think tlw1 and I are glad we listened at school so we wouldn't have to do manual labour :p
  • beansnikpoh
    Stevo_666 said:

I think tlw1 and I are glad we listened at school so we wouldn't have to do manual labour :p

The plumber I use charges £90 per hour, works six 12 hour days a week and is turning down work. Probably not all the hours are billable. But even if 8 out of 12 are.
  • Stevo_666

Stevo_666 said:

The plumber I use charges £90 per hour, works six 12 hour days a week and is turning down work. Probably not all the hours are billable. But even if 8 out of 12 are.
    I'd get another plumber if I were you.
  • orraloon
    orraloon Posts: 12,610
    £90 per hour. F me. I had some electricians in a few weeks back, work for a commercial / farm oriented small company rather than self employed, cost me £30 per hour and I thought that was a wee bit steep. Did a sound job though so no probs. I'll need to check what my plumber charged me, but nothing of that order at all. There's Lahndahn for ye.

Cheers all re the wishes for bye-bye uncle event. Which was really good, not religious at all, had a local guy relay in Doric his life events, no singing and that. Then some snacks and coffees in Cullen Bay Hotel (if you want somewhere with lovely sea views, there it is) with many of the vast network of cousins. Some I hadn't seen since I was at school. Which wasn't yesterday. Good time. It's the loss in the family that brings people together from widely dispersed places.
  • beansnikpoh
    Stevo_666 said:

Stevo_666 said:

Not sure why I would. He's reliable, works quickly, lives close by, and he's gas qualified. He did the boiler installation, the bathroom and kitchen when we had that done, and has moved a couple of radiators for us.

I could pay £120 per hour for Pimlico, or £50 for someone who takes 2 hours over a 1 hour job.
  • tlw1

tlw1 said:

Afternoon folks,

tlw1 said:

It’s more a time issue, ie, last night finished work, went for a run, home straight for a swim at the club and then back home and met a pal for a walk
  • Stevo_666

Stevo_666 said:

Stevo_666 said:

Not sure why I would. He's reliable, works quickly, lives close by, and he's gas qualified. He did the boiler installation, the bathroom and kitchen when we had that done, and has moved a couple of radiators for us.

I could pay £120 per hour for Pimlico, or £50 for someone who takes 2 hours over a 1 hour job.
    We've never paid that much for a good plumber/heating heating engineer but if you're happy then fine.
  • veronese68
    tlw1 said:

tlw1 said:

Afternoon folks,

tlw1 said:

It’s more a time issue, ie, last night finished work, went for a run, home straight for a swim at the club and then back home and met a pal for a walk
    I get that, you certainly have a lot more going on than I do. Just the sarcastic side of me highlighting the contradiction. I generally enjoy the tinkering and fettling, but only if I don't have to do it. If I have to fix something and time becomes an issue I don't enjoy it.
    Talking of which, email coming your way...
  • tlw1

tlw1 said:

tlw1 said:

Afternoon folks,

tlw1 said:

I get that, you certainly have a lot more going on than I do. Just the sarcastic side of me highlighting the contradiction. I generally enjoy the tinkering and fettling, but only if I don't have to do it. If I have to fix something and time becomes an issue I don't enjoy it.
    Talking of which, email coming your way...
    I don’t enjoy fettling

Branch and regional given a kick 🙄
  • pinno
    I used to enjoy fettling with bikes. You used to be able to make them all shiny.
    Now it's just a necessity.