monday with all interactions on the boundary

'ning

even nippier

cafe stroll, wfh, laze
my bike - faster than god's and twice as shiny

Comments

• Been a nice couple of days on “my” beaches… makes the afternoon walk rather pleasant…

Open One+ BMC TE29 Seven 622SL On One Scandal Cervelo RS
  • pinno
    pinno Posts: 51,195
    edited February 2023
    What's the water temp spinner? It actually doesn't look that inviting.
    seanoconn - gruagach craic!
  • pinno
    Morning iconoclasts

Ho hum. Trip up the coast a bit to sit around and wait for the Bee em boys to fix the recall.
    Will have to explore the highlights of Irvine. Find café. May take the bus in.

Apart from that, it's dry, not particularly cold but it's dull.
  • webboo
    webboo Posts: 6,087
    Morning
    Recovery continues to progress in turns of pain reduction and increased mobility. However now experiencing minor nose bleeds presumably as a result of the blood thinners. To day will exercises and a walk.
  • tlw1
    tlw1 Posts: 21,831
    Is it the weekend yet?

House is full of sick people, so hiding in my office
  • pinno said:

Water is cool down here year round, but summer it sits around 19-20 C usually. Once you’re in, it’s beautiful on a warm day.

There’s an annual event sponsored by MONA (art gallery) which is a nude swim at sunrise on winter solstice at a beach on the river. Popular event, limited to about 1500 entries I think. Air temp is often down around 3-6 C, and water temp is about 12 or 13. I’ve yet to do it, still considering whether to bother.
    Open One+ BMC TE29 Seven 622SL On One Scandal Cervelo RS
  • Stevo_666
    Stevo_666 Posts: 58,151
    pinno said:

Look more inviting than my nearest beach in North Kent.
    "I spent most of my money on birds, booze and fast cars: the rest of it I just squandered." [George Best]
  • Back in the lowlands of UKshire.
    First job of the day was to book the lounge for three weeks time for the next ski trip.
    Second job of the day book a swim session as I've eaten my own body weight in risotto and pasta this last week.
    Probably run later.

Have I missed much?
    Advocate of disc brakes.
  • Stevo_666
    Chilly day in the cave, going into town tomorrow instead for a mates birthday drinks. Usual work PITA stuff going on, the Kingdom of Far Far Away is being particularly cretinous just now.
    "I spent most of my money on birds, booze and fast cars: the rest of it I just squandered." [George Best]
  • veronese68
    veronese68 Posts: 27,249
    Evening folks, is it this Monday or last Monday? Did Loon take a week to drive back down the A9? Busy day in orifice, immediate boss has COVID so I had to deal with more nonsense than usual.
  • Stevo_666

Evening folks, is it this Monday or last Monday? Did Loon take a week to drive back down the A9? Busy day in orifice, immediate boss has COVID so I had to deal with more nonsense than usual.

Good question, I was getting confused as well.

Just watching Episode 4 of The Last of Us.
  • beansnikpoh
    beansnikpoh Posts: 1,520
    Just started ep. 3. Not sure I'll stay awake for all of it, being an early to bed kind of chap. Biked in, biked back.

A whole bunch of flies have woken up in the house, so we've been using the bug-a-salt 3.0 gun that I got Mrs B³ as a Christmas present. Totally deadly from a couple of feet away, and more fun than a flyswat.
  • orraloon
    orraloon Posts: 12,608
    Ah hey, what's a week here or there when you're getting old? At least the Prem Inn wifi is working. Ok meal in the restaurant next door, couple drinks and good catch up blether with bro and sister in law.

Then get message that mother of technically still wife but destined for ex- has passed. Dropping like flies. Is B3 getting carried away?
  • pinno
    You cannot be serious...

https://www.bugasalt.co.uk
  • Stevo_666

Just started ep. 3. Not sure I'll stay awake for all of it, being an early to bed kind of chap. Biked in, biked back.

A whole bunch of flies have woken up in the house, so we've been using the bug-a-salt 3.0 gun that I got Mrs B³ as a Christmas present. Totally deadly from a couple of feet away, and more fun than a flyswat.

Watched Episode 4 last night. Keep going...

I want one of those bug guns.